So, someone has probably done this before, but hey what the hell. I had this boring black skirt that I didn't wear anymore and some plush leopard fabric laying around and this baby was born:
Here is a really small, simple tute-a-roo to help you along the way.
1. First, lay your skirt out flat. Easy enough.
2. Cut your skirt an inch or two below the zipper. Remove the remaining material and save for someother project.
3. Get the fabric that you want to replace the bottom. You can use the piece that you cut off to measure how long you should make it. I had to sew to pieces together.
4. Find the seam in your new fabric(if you had to make one) and match that up with the side seam of the top portion. Match right sides together and sew all the way around the bottom. When you get back to where you started, match right sides together and so a side seam.
5. Hem the bottom, and voila!