A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,319
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my ruby red dorthy shoes  (Read 27078 times)
Tags for this thread: wizard_of_oz  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mortimer_frog
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2005 08:26:20 PM »

Gos these look good!
What did you use to stick the glitter to the shoe?  What kind of glitter did you use?  I tried this before and they did not look any close to this!

to tell you the truth the glue i used didnt hold up to well the first time i wore them but im getting ready to redue them using a differnt knid of glue like tackie glue or maybe even super glue beccause last time i just used elmers ( not the smartest thing ) and when your done spray them over with spray adheasive it helps alot!  and the glitter is just any normal glitter it dosnt have to be a certain kind or anything
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make it the latest trend, then abandon it, and start a new one, make it an over heated sewing machine at 3 a.m make it transform a pile of scrap fabric into a next level handbag. Make it sparkle. make it somthing you will call a statement, but youll just call another random tuesday
awoundedliar
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2005 05:24:08 PM »

whoaa. those are pretty rocking! when i was younger, i used to go as dorothy for halloween every single year and my dad and me always made some ruby slippers for the costume. i wish i had some now.

out of curiousity, where did those rocket dog ones come from? they arent on the website..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2005 05:41:49 PM »

they have em on amazon, or if you google for rocket dog glitter shoes, they come up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
mortimer_frog
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2005 08:37:21 PM »

i just googled rocket dogs but here is the web site i found them on anyway...

http://www.solestruck.com/startup.html?source=gg13JQX5
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make it the latest trend, then abandon it, and start a new one, make it an over heated sewing machine at 3 a.m make it transform a pile of scrap fabric into a next level handbag. Make it sparkle. make it somthing you will call a statement, but youll just call another random tuesday
Hope.
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2005 08:55:26 AM »

WOW! i may have to steal them off you. and nushybum- what size are your sisters feet? xD

seriously i love them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ClassyLassy
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005 09:31:55 PM »

ok, so the day after seeing this, i tried making a pair in green. when i went to payless they had one pair left in the kids sizes in pink and they fit and then they were also on sale so i was super pumped  Cheesy..anyways i painted mine green to begin with, then applied E6000 and the glitter, and then gave em two coats of clear acrylic sealant.  i've worn them like 3 times now and they're holding up really well..

someone said to me "umm.. i think the shoes are suppose to be ruby and the city is suppose to be emerald, so where do those take you?" me:"ruby city, duh"  Smiley

anyways, great project, super easy, thank you mortimer_frog!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Everything is a miracle. It is a miracle that one does not dissolve in one's bath like a lump of sugar." -Pablo Picasso
nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005 11:18:05 PM »

Woo! Those green ones are brilliant!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
Halle
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2005 01:55:18 AM »

I always wanted a pair of ruby slippers however i was stupid enough to purchase the rocket dog ones :-/ never again, those are rockin, i wouldnt mind adding that tecnique to a pair of 40's style high heels, cute no?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redrose1028
Leanne

ciao~hola~salut~hello~

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2005 03:23:18 PM »

those are sooo cool! i luv anything sparkly!great job Smiley Grin 8) Cheesy Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.').')
`..*Leanne*..`
(.'(.'**`'.)`'.)
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2005 03:38:49 PM »

I want you to know you inspired me to glitter my converse..

When I get a chance to take some pictures I will, but I covered them completely in silver holographic glitter. They look AMAZING when I go out in the sun Smiley

I used some flexible non stretch fabric glue I found at Joann's.. and a whole hell of a lot of glitter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Julienne Snowpeas for Lumpia
How to Dice Onions and Prepare Water Chestnuts for Lumpia
How to Chop Garlic and Mince Ginger for Lumpia
How to Saute Vegetables for Lumpia
How to Cook and Serve Lumpia
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...