A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my ruby red dorthy shoes  (Read 25336 times)
Tags for this thread: wizard_of_oz  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

handful_of_lies
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2005 07:31:57 AM »

I love them!  They seriously are one of the best pairs of shoes that I've ever seen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CaterinaEllen
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2006 08:43:32 AM »

Love'em Cheesy I also saw those Rocketdog shoes and fell in love with them, but trawled the internet to find them in the UK with no avail. In the end I bought some black glitter ones which are similar, but not as cool as the red ones would have been. I may have to add some red bits... now where did i put that red glitter?...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mortimer_frog
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2006 01:04:06 PM »

ok, so the day after seeing this, i tried making a pair in green. when i went to payless they had one pair left in the kids sizes in pink and they fit and then they were also on sale so i was super pumped  Cheesy..anyways i painted mine green to begin with, then applied E6000 and the glitter, and then gave em two coats of clear acrylic sealant.  i've worn them like 3 times now and they're holding up really well..

someone said to me "umm.. i think the shoes are suppose to be ruby and the city is suppose to be emerald, so where do those take you?" me:"ruby city, duh"  Smiley

anyways, great project, super easy, thank you mortimer_frog!

I just wanted to show off my results a bit. Smiley

I ended up using SOOO much glitter on them.. like 6 coats to get them covered as well as I did.

I used Aileenes (sp!) fabric glue (it dries completely clear and is flexible) and I'd just paint on a layer, sprinkle the glitter on it, then press it in, let it dry for a day, then repeat, then after the last layer of glitter, I just put on one last layer of glue and let it dry.

Honestly they didn't shed as much as I expected.. and after a good shake outside I had no problems with a glitter trail.

I have to tell you, out in the sunlight, these things are amazing.

Thank you so much for the inspiration!

[eta- just for the record, these were an olllld pair of chucks, and I got some "real" shoe laces.. cleaned up the glue spots on the toes, and scraped the glitter off the lace holes. they look a bit neater now Smiley ]

I LOVE YOURS!! i LOVE GREEN!! i didnt think people were still posting on this topic!! i was shocked when i oped it up and it had 3 new pages of comments since last time i checked!!! which was a few months ago! and to skye691 i LOVE your shoes to! im glad people accually tried it out !! im so excited more people should post there glittery creations!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make it the latest trend, then abandon it, and start a new one, make it an over heated sewing machine at 3 a.m make it transform a pile of scrap fabric into a next level handbag. Make it sparkle. make it somthing you will call a statement, but youll just call another random tuesday
lanna to the max
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2006 02:22:19 PM »

im in love with your shoes! for about a mmotnh ive been looking for flats to make into ruby red slippers, but i couldnt find them. so last week im looking around TJmax and i found the rocket dogs for only $20.00! i would have liked making them instead, but i'll be happy. im gonna put glitter on all my shoes!!! thanky you very much! :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bonbonz101
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2006 05:29:03 AM »

The other day I wore hot pink flats to school and as I walked by one of my teachers he started clicking his heels, trying to get me to imitate Dorothy. However, it made no sense because I did not have awesome shoes like these. Very pretty  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from a long hiatus!
PM me about personal swaps Tongue

Wists: http://www.wists.com/bonbonz101
Style blog: http://mypolychromelife.blogspot.com
Check out my vintage Etsy store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6023310

Smiley
mortimer_frog
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2006 06:32:41 PM »

haha sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make it the latest trend, then abandon it, and start a new one, make it an over heated sewing machine at 3 a.m make it transform a pile of scrap fabric into a next level handbag. Make it sparkle. make it somthing you will call a statement, but youll just call another random tuesday
Listener15
Just call me Listy

Keep me away from Craftster will ya! Ha!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2006 07:53:28 PM »

Oh wow...they're bright....and sparkly....and colourful....and sparkly....and cool....and sparkly....

Next stop: Payless shoe store and JoAnns (they love me there *yarn addict*)

Awesome job everyone, talk about a shoe inspiring thread.  I love those glittery shoes you see in the kids section and wish they'd make them in adult sizes....not anymore! hehe!  Thanks! Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rowlly
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2006 05:17:10 AM »

Love these glitter shoes. Thinking about doing a pair of pumps in black glitter
Well i may be a little nervous wearing red glitter my teenage daughter may have me commited Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Luna12
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2006 09:12:02 AM »

Grin Their so cute ^.^. Awesome idea and it saved you a lot of money lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
munzder
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2006 04:57:52 PM »

I love them. I had pink ones like them when I was little. I love the location where yo took the pictures too. That road is so cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Jalapeno Poppers
How to Fry Turkey
How to make Country Southern Gravy
How to make Chili in a Bread Bowl
How to make Pumpkin Pie
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...