A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,194
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Artist on the Go Swap!(Sign-up 9/17-9/26, Send 10/17)  (Read 2537 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

autumnelayne

Such is the way of the Craft Ninja.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2005 06:28:29 AM »

Artist on the Go Swap

Swap name: Artist on the Go Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: autumnelayne
Sign-up date range: 9/17 - 9/26
Check-in Date: 10/10
Date to send item by: 10/17

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): nope
Non-U.S. participants allowed? yup

All ages allowed? Or 18+? all ages
Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of Swap:
I am addicted to portable art supplies! The theme of this swap is to craft eachother things like tote bags with compartments, handmade or decorated sketchbooks, sketchbook cases,and of course fun drawing/painting supplies and/or items to organize them in and such. Also, you could include artist themed things. Not all art mediums are portable I know, but quite a few begin with sketching and writing down ideas. Even those who just like to doodle...have a Sharpie fetish...what-have-you...Please come join the fun. This is for artists of all sorts, not just arteeeests  Tongue

Item Guidlines: Not to be picky, but I'd really like to see everyone in this swap make/recieve some sort of "toting device" to hold all the supplies they'd like to carry (within reason of course). A few medium/small bought/crafted things should round it out to be most excellent!

Flake-Proofing Precautions:
You will notice I have posted a check in date. On that date I will send everyone a PM inquiring of your progress. I will be updating a status list here that will indicate who has checked back in with me. Please do not send your package until your partner has checked in! If you would like to send before the check in date, please PM me first. You will also need to PM your DC# when you send, and acknowledge that you have recieved via PM to both me and your partner.

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '________________________________________________________')

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: Artist on the Go
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?
Give a detailed description of what kinds of art supplies you like/would like to take with you, and the kinds of artwork you practice both stationary and on the go:
Colors and styles you like:
Colors and styles you dislike:
List any specific items that you would like to to be able to carry and their measurements:
What sorts of places do you tote your art supplies to?
List favorite motifs, characters or any other relative info that would help you partner personalize your stuff:
Please post pics or links to your artwork here:
Anything else you would like to add?

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '________________________________________________________')

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Green = Checked in!

Participants:

Rakuette
emmafair
girlwonder
themonkey
hobbit54
autumnelayne

« Last Edit: October 11, 2005 06:39:29 PM by autumnelayne » THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlwonder
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005 01:49:13 PM »

i'm SO joining this! I need something to carry all of my watercolor and inking supplies along with my sketching supplies. I am taking a landscape class this sememster and Ineed all of these items to take with me for 6 hour sessions at local parks and such. what a great idea! I hope more people get interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie Girlwonder

"A vagabond, when rich, is called a tourist." -unknown

"To be somebody, a woman does not have to be more like a man, but has to be more of a woman." Sally E. Shaywitz, neuroscientist
KittyKurl
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005 05:21:38 PM »

I woule DEFINATLY want to Join this since I always have trouble bringing along my art stuff on trips and stuff since i have nothing to carry it in... sound great! Hope more people join
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
Fabric Wists
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005 06:44:52 PM »

dang I want to join this, but I'm so limited on funds right now, especially since I'm organizing two swaps. I will certainly watch tho! Dang this sounds so fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
bracelet_girl
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005 05:08:17 AM »

Posting to remind me that sign-ups have started! I'll probably sign up closer to sign-ups ending. This swap sounds like fun though!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My DeviantArt page
My Livejournal

I do personal swaps, themed or random. Smiley pm me if you are interested!
amyshrugged

ohhh...we could start over again

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005 08:51:01 AM »

Posting to remind me that sign-ups have started! I'll probably sign up closer to sign-ups ending. This swap sounds like fun though!  Cheesy

me too.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now accepting orders for custom handmade books.. treat yourself to a new handbound journal or sketchbook! 
PM me for details.

etsy shop coming soon!
autumnelayne

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005 06:29:21 PM »

Superterrific Grin I'm glad to see so many interested! I tell ya what I will go-a-hunting for any helpful tutes or examples I can find of compartment bags or anything else like that and post them here. Feast your eyes on this baby though!

Taloola made it for me as part of the Green Purse swap (we swapped extra stuff too including that adorable owl!). It's large enough for an 11x14 sketchbook among many other supplies I like to tote around! In case your wonderin' why I'd need another art supply tote...I'd like to start doing some watercolor paintings in smaller books and on postcards, and sometimes carry smaller sketchbooks Wink...anyhoo will see what else I can find to inspire ya!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KittyKurl
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005 08:03:31 PM »

Really want to participate, but, will there be enough people for partners for all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
Fabric Wists
autumnelayne

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005 06:22:59 AM »

I know some people are waiting a bit, all we need really is an even number so we can pair up rather than crafting "in tandem". Also, if we keep yapping it up on this thread more people will see it whilst browsing the swaps Wink. I must take pics of some totes we just got in at Dick Blick to show you guys! They have given me a lot of ideas for pockets. For now here are links to a couple tutes that may be helpful if you are sewing a bag:
Messanger bag w/ gusset tute
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=2684.msg18762#msg18762
Zipper pocket tute
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=11808.0
There are a couple more pocket tutes in the purse forum too. If you guys find anything cool like that by all means post away. I <3 Brainstorming Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rakuette
i make pottery!

i <3 midtown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005 12:14:59 PM »

WOW!! Thanks so much for posting that tute! I am new to sewing and refuse to get patterns so that helps tons!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Shocked Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal blog- http://rakuette.blogspot.com/
my stuff for sale- http://Rakuette.etsy.com
365 craft- http://365craft.blogspot.com
365 clay- http://365clay.blogspot.com

i would like to be a swap angel
a) it's a good thing to do
b) i have 5 swaps from 3 years ago that i
would like to make up
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew a Cute Little Purse
How to Fold a Table Napkin into a Rose
How to Do Paper Napkin Folding
How to Make Christmas Ornaments Out of Used Folders
How to Make a Place Card and Napkin Holder from Christmas Cards
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...