A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,853
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweet Cherries (very img. heavy)  (Read 1194 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JuliaAnn
« on: April 04, 2007 07:39:14 AM »

Hi everyone.  This bag came about after much brainstorming with a customer.  She wanted a big diaper bag with a divider so that she could put the kids stuff (she has a 2 1/2 yr. old and a 3 mo. old) on one side and hers on the other.  So...I made the center divider into a zippered pocket and on one side I put 4 pockets and two bottle/sippie cup holders and on the other side I put a zippered pocket and a key holder.  I am so happy with how it came out.  I wasn't sure if I could do the whole divider thing, but it really came out nice.  I will definitely be making this style again.  It would be great for an overnight bag, day trip bag, carry on, or gym bag.  You could carry bottled water in the bottle holders.  Oh, the  size of this bag is quite deceiving.  It is 20 inches across the top, 12 across the bottom, 11 1/2 inches tall and 8 inches deep across the bottom.  Anyway, let me know what you all think.

This one shows the divider.

This one has the divider pushed to one side.

This has the divider pushed to the other side.

This one shows the divider unzipped half way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arrhythmia
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007 08:45:33 AM »

Beautiful bag. I love the divider idea. Did you anchor it at the bottom or is it only caught on the sides.

I love the fabric. Super work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JuliaAnn
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007 08:54:44 AM »

Beautiful bag. I love the divider idea. Did you anchor it at the bottom or is it only caught on the sides.

I love the fabric. Super work!

Thanks.  I really like this fabric too.  The divider is sewn into the bottom seam as well as the sides.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SUBMITEVERYTHOUGHT
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007 09:03:35 AM »

Your bags are so pretty, functional and well made. I just love how you put this together. The print is so fun, and not babyish. This bag definitely could be used for so many things.

There's only one thing I miss...could you make a kanzashi cherry?  Wink LOL!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
JuliaAnn
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007 09:10:33 AM »

Your bags are so pretty, functional and well made. I just love how you put this together. The print is so fun, and not babyish. This bag definitely could be used for so many things.

There's only one thing I miss...could you make a kanzashi cherry?  Wink LOL!  Grin

The funny thing is...I thought about it.  I was afraid the flower would get lost in the print.  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Glass Bead Bracelets
Handmade Portraits: Ayşegül & Sebahat
How to Make Rocker Chain Link Jewelry
How to Make a Nude Color Block Necklace
How to Use Crystal Clay and Swarovski Chatons
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...