A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: City/Area Swap; Extension: October 24th  (Read 9347 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2005 10:25:22 PM »

Oh my confirmation says my partner has recieved... I wonder if she has seen it yet! :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewingLori
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2005 02:59:20 PM »

I feel like I've been on here all day checking to see if the gallery has been updated. I'll just call it a very unproductive day of work.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AstroZombie
Cryptozoologist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2005 03:00:57 PM »

I got the swap package from gurlzcanrock2 today. All the way from Savannah, GA.

The Savannah Spectres book is especially awesome. I also got a shirt, some local newspapers, and art show flyers. Oh, and some postcards with recipes on them. Awesome! Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gurlzcanrock2

Photography echoes life.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2005 07:07:52 PM »

That was so quick! I wanted to go around to all the places in the book and take pictures, but I never had enough free time to do that. Embarrassed But I thought the book was interesting too and I'm glad you liked everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Did I post something you might want to buy? Check out my etsy shop! www.gchorddesigns.e tsy.com
around
mama

where are we going? why are we in this handbasket?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2005 01:31:21 PM »

Wowee Zowee! I got the greatest package from krebstar5!
My kids probably smelled the sugar and got into the package...

Cameron is holding the lobster eggs bubble gum, a jar of maple jelly (made from real New Hampshire maple syrup -- since my husband is a Jed Bartlett fan {West Wing} he is most excited to try this. I'm thinking maple syrup = good, jelly = good, so i'm in!!), a strawberry-watermelon lobster pop and Boston Red Sox chewing gum. Little Maggie is modeling the lovely moss stitch scarf (we are going to KY this winter, so we may see snow!!) and she's holding a bag of Boston Baked Beans (that my husband started snacking on as soon as the photo was snapped) and a little felted pumpkin pin cushion (i don't think i have the heart to stick it with a pin! although that needle would have been worse!!)

but wait, there's more...

yes, folks,  there are pamphlets from "touristy" places in MA -- JFK got the glare, but there' s one from his presidential library, Original Cheer's, Haunted Happenings in Salem, Ghosts and Gravestones in Boston, the Sandwich Fair in New Hampshire, the Old South Meeting House (where the Boston Tea Party Began) and Longfellow House!  Also, postcards from Boston, Cambridge, Fenway Park and one commemorating the midnight ride of Paul Revere, Also Also a great New England Cookbook (I collect Cookbooks!!! so that psychic thing is coming back at you...) and also also also a Harvard pencil, a pencil from the book, "Make Way for Ducklings" (which I have read) and an awesome floaty swan boat Boston pen! Also, taking center stage here is a Harry and the Potters CD!!! I just saw them on itunes and thought it was hilarious. We've already listened to it and the kids are already singing "The bus don't go to Hogwarts..." It's a real hoot.

and if you think that's it, you'd be wrong. There's even more...
(drum roll please)

handmade note cards!!! some are stamped, some have pretty purple paper on them, and some are embroidered! They're gorgeous. Fall in New England!!! (has to be better than fall in south georgia, believe me...)

thank you so much! this was a truly wonderful experience for my "first time" !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the centuries are sprinkled with rare magic and divine creatures who help us get past the common and extraordinary ills that beset us

Favorite Craftster quote --
"Normal" is for chumps, suckers and saps. -TheMistressT
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2005 03:47:26 PM »

aw man! These packages put mine to shame! Awesome stuff Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
krebstar5
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2005 05:16:52 AM »

Hooray! Around, I am so glad you liked it.  I wanted your first swap to be worth all the hard work.  I was worried that I got a little carried away, but there is so much neat stuff up here.  Honestly, as expensive as Boston is, I'm not sure I could ever leave this area.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog-
http://smalerie.com

Rule 1: To do rather than watch.
http://www.journeyofwill.com
ax174
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2005 06:12:25 AM »

I got my package from christinaent!  It was a huge box, and I love love love everything in it!

Here is all the stuff unpacked, but still wrapped.

There is an issue of Objet d'Art, a magazine showcasing the work of Rutgers University students.  It's a small publication, but it's packed with some really good stuff.  I stayed up late reading this.
Christinaent works at the State Theatre, so she sent a brochure, and a CD from the Broadway show, Fosse.  Biggest surprise: for a small town, New Brunswick, NJ sure attracts a lot of big names!  Liza Minnelli, Whoopi Goldberg, David Copperfield, Amy Grant, Vince Gill, etc.

This is the back of the postcard (the front is shown above), which explains some of the items she sent (I edited it in case she doesn't want the world to know which local band she's not fond of   Grin ).

How cool is this??  It's a CD of local bands, and track 5 is a song about her!  I love this mix - I really like tracks 8 & 9 by The Precious.  The Ambassadors are good too - they kind of remind me of the early work of my fave band, Talking Heads (long live the 80's!).

Some sweet hair clips, hair wax, and a video which was shown to Culture Jam: Students Against Excessive Consumerism, a Rutgers organization (christinaent is an officer on this group).  I can't wait to watch this tonight!  My favourite films are documentaries about social justice, and this video is about exploitation in sweat shops.

This is a close-up of the Giovanni hair wax, which smells beautiful.  I wish you could see the writing on the jar better in this photo - some of the text is humourous.

A vintage necklace from the Closet.  I posted this ad up at work, just to confuse people.  I'm wearing the necklace today so if anyone asks where it's from, I'll just show them the ad.   Smiley

And there's still more! A yummy cake slice and a Rutgers shirt.  Yes, it fits - I wore it last night to my aikido lesson.  One of the dojo members even asked if I went to Rutgers, because she did.

It was hard to choose, but if I had to pick my favourite stuff, it'd be this pile.  That's because these things make me feel most like a student, and those were great years for me (I was a professional graduate student until I was - urp! - 29, then became a college librarian so that I could hang around a campus for the rest of my life). 
Interesting detail: the September 22 issue of The Daily Targum has articles about the Dalai Lama's visit, and the mandala of the Drepung Loseling Monastery.  Mandala is a ritual where the monks painstakingly arrange million of coloured grains of sand into a pattern on a table, then when it's finished... they destroy it and cast it into a river.  Because the FO is so beautiful, people think it will be permanent, but its destruction brings the awareness that nothing is permanent.  christinaent noted that she went and saw both, and that the DL was really funny.
There's a copy of the Anthologist too, the school's literary journal.

Here's everything (look how far back I had to stand to get it all in the shot).

THANKS VERY VERY MUCH, christinaent, and props to humblestumble for organizing this fun swap!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 08:54:51 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewingLori
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2005 08:26:53 AM »

Embarrassed Looking at this gallery is starting to make me feel I skimped a little on my package to Dragonsmuse.

I do, however, want to second the "props" to humblestumble. This swap has been very educational for all of us. It is so easy to get stuck in our daily lives and forget there are others stuck in their daily lives elsewhere.  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2005 08:52:41 AM »

Embarrassed Looking at this gallery is starting to make me feel I skimped a little on my package to Dragonsmuse.

I do, however, want to second the "props" to humblestumble. This swap has been very educational for all of us. It is so easy to get stuck in our daily lives and forget there are others stuck in their daily lives elsewhere.  Cheesy

I second that...totally! And thanks Smiley I do agre..

I never even thought that this would come to fruition! And I'm sooo glad there are no signs of flakers yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Low Light Digital Photography
Simple Supplementary Lighting
Finding and Archiving Digital Images
Photographing Black and White Images
How to Capture a Car in Motion
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...