A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aberdeen-ish, anyone?  (Read 12341 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hi.fi
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006 03:54:14 PM »

I'm from Aberdeen. =]
Yesss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarah-

Feeling the need to crochet...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006 10:27:29 AM »

I'm from near Inverurie  Smiley

I didn't think their would be anyone on here from this part of Scotland Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah -

http://www.wists.com/sarah-
teamo.etsy.com - Miniature bears now available!

I'd love to do a personal swap! - PM me!
Pastypixie
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006 09:03:51 AM »

I've found some good stuff in poundstretcher, and au natural.
Theres a haberdashery just inside the door of the indoot market that I get stuff from too.
The Dorrie Doodle on rosemount viaduct has a bunch of stuff for papercrafts and beading stamping and stuff and then there's the art supply shops.

Square One on george street is good for tools, hot glue, craft knives etc.

Probably more too.

I mainly work with wire so most of my stuff comes from welding supply places, model making suppliers and the likes of B&Q.

S.

I work in Internacionale Tongue.Staff discount on interiors too.Its Icemaiden but I lost my login details Sad Sad so now i've morphed into pastypixie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fifitinkerbell
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006 01:46:14 PM »

Hi guys!

I'm new and I couldn't see a board specifically for newbies, but then I found you guys  Grin I'm from Aberdeen too. This site is great. I'm definately going to get sewing soon.

How are you all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JemaJemaJema
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2006 09:27:07 AM »

eeeeee
fifitinkerbell! your myspace! You're Green Heaven! hahaha [stalking, sorry, I'll stop....lol]
You're on my friends list, you stuff is pretty cool, but I sadly lack a credit card to buy all your nice things, oh well
keep it up though! your stuff is awesome! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Johanino
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006 02:16:07 PM »

I've found some good stuff in poundstretcher, and au natural.
Theres a haberdashery just inside the door of the indoot market that I get stuff from too.
The Dorrie Doodle on rosemount viaduct has a bunch of stuff for papercrafts and beading stamping and stuff and then there's the art supply shops.

Dorrie Doodle is expensive! I rest my case....Market is best for yarn espiecally crochet stuff! Littlewoods was fab till it went bust. Lewis' in extremis. There's also a place near Iceland (forget the name) down Holbourn st that i got a decent knife from ages ago.

If in doubt and you want small quantities EBAY!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Johanino
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006 02:23:29 PM »

I am from Boston, have an unBostonian accent but have lived and loved Aberdeen for the last 5 years. I don't craft. I fidgit (well I crochet and dabble in the other stuff). Have a wee passion for crocheting patchwork afghans. Currently playing with needle felting. Also volunteer at Tarts and Crafts at Balmedie (no.250 Stagecoach bus from town - takes 20 mins from city centre to T & C. Free if you have a concession card). Noticed T & C have some pretty neat wee craft kits for kids. Don't know if anyone has tried them.

Got early crochet books from charity shops (have quite a library), then I discovered Ebay and the rest was mania.

Currently live in a Bird's nest in centre of town (that's off limits to  birds) which a social worker once told me would never be a normal tidy pad because I'm too artistic.... Huh

Now is  there talk of us getting free cake at either littlejohns or somewhere equally scrummy and taking over the place for the whole afternoon/evening to do craft stuff or is this just a yank pipe dream?

I go to a craft group when I can for mental health service users but politics can make it pretty hard to maintain going there so my attendance is sporadic. Would love to meet up with people who craft OUTSIDE the mental health scence.

Tx

Johanino
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shadowcat
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2006 05:22:30 AM »

I am from Boston, have an unBostonian accent but have lived and loved Aberdeen for the last 5 years. I don't craft. I fidgit (well I crochet and dabble in the other stuff). Have a wee passion for crocheting patchwork afghans. Currently playing with needle felting. Also volunteer at Tarts and Crafts at Balmedie (no.250 Stagecoach bus from town - takes 20 mins from city centre to T & C. Free if you have a concession card). Noticed T & C have some pretty neat wee craft kits for kids. Don't know if anyone has tried them.

Got early crochet books from charity shops (have quite a library), then I discovered Ebay and the rest was mania.

Currently live in a Bird's nest in centre of town (that's off limits to  birds) which a social worker once told me would never be a normal tidy pad because I'm too artistic.... Huh

Now is  there talk of us getting free cake at either littlejohns or somewhere equally scrummy and taking over the place for the whole afternoon/evening to do craft stuff or is this just a yank pipe dream?

I go to a craft group when I can for mental health service users but politics can make it pretty hard to maintain going there so my attendance is sporadic. Would love to meet up with people who craft OUTSIDE the mental health scence.

Tx

Johanino

Ooh I sell jewellery at Tarts and Crafts.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006 07:19:38 AM by shadowcat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Johanino
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2006 06:41:09 AM »

n1....what do you make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrs_weyremaster
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2006 03:03:35 AM »

Hi All,

I just joined today, I live in Aberdeen.  I tend to get most of my craft supplies from ebay nowadays, but poundland can be good, but you have to go in fairly often , cos there craft stock goes really quick.  I also get some bits from the bargain bookstores and 'The Works' is good too.  Got some gorgeous pearlescent watercolours from the works, so well worth a look.

Craftwise I'm mainly into ATCs at the moment, altho starting to alter stuff too.  Love Rubberstamping, painting, and claywork.

Nice to see other crafters in Aberdeen
TTFN
Suzi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Remembrance Poppies
Simple Ways to Decorate Pumpkins
Pumpkin Picking Tips
Different Types of Pumpkins
Easy Pumpkin Carving Tips
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...