A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,876
Currently Running With Scissors:
804 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aberdeen-ish, anyone?  (Read 12640 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FeeSewBug
Just-Fee

Got buttons?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2008 02:29:18 PM »

I didn't read you post correctly, sorry!

As for the meeting, a weekend day sounds good to me but my classes are a bit heavy at the moment. I'll keep you posted and let you know when things level out.
I don't really know aberdeen so i'm kinda clueless about coffee shops and the like...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krina
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2008 01:34:11 PM »

Same with me, I don't really have my final timetable for the term yet, which sucks. Sad

My flatmate showed me a really nice place on Sunday where we might meet if nobody suggests another place, it's called Books and Beans and it is on Belmont Street near Union Street. It is part caf / part bookshop - they sell fairtrade coffee and used books for like 1-4 Pounds. And to top it of, they have a 10% student discount. I think I'll be a regular at that place. Smiley Now I have to check out the craft shops here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FeeSewBug
Just-Fee

Got buttons?

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2008 02:58:14 PM »

Ooooh, never been there, I will have to have a look.
As for craft shops be sure to check out the little place in the aberdeen market, it's just down from topshop. It's the first shop as you go in on the right, looks like it sells nothing but wool but it sells a bit of everything.

Maybe we should think about november sometime?
I was also wondering what we would talk about, it could get all weird with silence...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krina
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2008 11:33:17 PM »

Ooh, thanks for the tip, I will check that place out! Smiley

I don't know, I've never been to a crafter meetup (except for with people I was friends with already, but I guess that doesn't count). I thought maybe people could bring a project-in-progress to show around, and maybe everybody could get a little crafting done while chatting? I think that if your hands are busy, the silence would be less awkward. Maybe we could even to a communal crafting project, I've done group paintings in the past, and that was always fun. What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FeeSewBug
Just-Fee

Got buttons?

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2008 04:32:01 AM »

I haven't been to a meet up either!
Despite the fact theres about 20 ladies in my class none of them seem to be into crafts, weird!
I think taking along a project would be the best option and then once we get to know everyone we could discuss a group project!

I'm looking forward to it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krina
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2008 11:48:08 PM »

That sounds like a plan, even if it might only be the two of us! Smiley

What sorts of crafts do you do, is there anywhere I could look at your craftings? I've mostly done stencilling for the past year (which you can view here if you like - www.flickr.com/photos/krina_  ), I enjoy the occasional paper crafting and have tried to get into sewing. I made curtains for my bedroom which turned out okay, but it was a pretty easy project. I started making a skirt, but I sort of abandoned that project because I didn't really know what I was doing. Unfortunately, I don't have a sewing machine here with me and probably won't get my hands on one until I go home for Christmas. (In my family, it's my father and not my mother who owns the sewing machine - my father once sewed a fabulous circus tent for me to play with when I was a child. I think he made more things for me, but I can't think of them right now.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FeeSewBug
Just-Fee

Got buttons?

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2008 01:42:02 PM »

Hey even if it is just us it would be cool.

I'm into sewing, I have made a few bags and have started a blog, I don't update as often as I should but thats college getting in the way.
I like paper related crafts too but sewing is my main interest.
Theres a link to my blog below....Larookery...tis moi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krina
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2008 12:25:30 AM »

I checked out your blog and I like it!!! I wish I could do things like that. Maybe you could teach me a thing or two about sewing. I feel sort of intimidated by my non-skills in sewing, maybe I should should just get a pile of old fabric and get started.

I've figured out my timetable for the most part now - at least I know which classes I'll be taking, although I don't have all my extra-curricular activities figured out yet, but I'm getting there. I still think that a weekend day would be best for a meetup. Are you in Aberdeen, or do you live / work / study outside of the city? Keep me updated on your workload and when you're free for a meetup.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FeeSewBug
Just-Fee

Got buttons?

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2008 12:08:06 PM »

Well I'm not sure how much I can pass on, I can like stick two bits of fabric together but all my clothes making ventures have kinda failed thus far. Starting with old bedsheets from charity shops is a good idea, it's cheap, your recycling and it's not intimidating!
A weekend day would be fine, I live in Fraserburgh but I have a uni-rider so travelling isn't a problem.
I'm just wondering how to get more people interested, not that it's not going to be fun just us two!
I'm glad you like my site, my dad is currently making my very own design for my blog, It was pretty easy to set up!

Hope all is well
Fiona
X
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YellowHat
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2009 11:48:47 AM »

I know this post is old but thought I'd chip in - there are are a couple of craft shops down Holburn way, including Holburn Crafts which leans more towards paper/knitting type crafts rather than sewing but worth a look...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Restaurants That Still Make You Wear a Jacket
How to Make Eggs Benedict
Mikey Likes It!
How to Make Beef Stew
Eggs Benedict Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...