A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aberdeen-ish, anyone?  (Read 12461 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JemaJemaJema
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2006 02:02:45 AM »

Just down from the Gallowgate college there is a fabric shop - although I've never been in so can't comment on it

Do you mean Kings Fabrics?? It's a good shop! Although you have to go upstairs to get to the dress fabric & patterns, they have quite a wide selection and also cheap fabric remnants in wicker baskets by the till area, down stairs in the shop is more like upholstery fabrics.
John Lewis is also good but can be kinda expensive, but they do sell other crafty bits nad jewelery making supplies. [Crafty section is at the back end of the ground floor.]
Internacionale [sp?] is also good if you go down stairs to the homes section, quite cheap too.
Service Point [atleast I think it's called that] sells proper art supplies (paint, canvas etc), thats on School Hill, near the Academy shopping centre.
The Colour Box on Holdburn Street is sort of hard ware shop, sells most things, so it can be useful, and the guy in there is quite helpful.
Dorrie Doodle, opposite the theatre and library, can't remember the name of the street sorry!] is good for paper making crafts; stamps, paper, pens, ink etc. Can be expensive though

also look through the rest of the posts to see what other people have said, it's only four pages it won't take too long! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Icemaiden
CSI addict!!

Annoy me...I'll set my pet sock,stripy, on you!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2007 08:45:24 AM »

Yes that is how you spell internacionale.....trust me I work there Smiley.

Huggles

Ice maiden
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall,ninety-nine bottles of beer.Swab one down,run it through CODIS,ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall"

"Would you mind if I took a picture for my bite collection?"
"Whatever rubs your Buddha."

"Don't touch me.I'm evidence
lady demonika
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2007 05:16:45 PM »

fit like.....just joined so i thought i would say ello. live in centre of aberdeen, im 38 and been crafting for years.
ah well cheerie bingo......... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethz0r
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2007 10:20:11 AM »

Ooh, I know someone who works at the Internacionale in Aberdeen. Cheesy Small world.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shooting star
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007 02:32:59 PM »

I shall be living in Aberdeen from September/October as I start my new job up there then.  I'm currently living in Dundee Smiley

So hopefully there are some nice wool/yarn shops up in Aberdeen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
zombiecazz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2007 04:02:10 PM »

Another scottish lass here, or as Oh says "old Woman" I'm 36 (i think, old age the mind's going). I'm up near fraserburgh.
Mainly into crochet, reconstructing and hoping to get into sewing, papermaking and just about anything I can sell, give as presents or recycle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myona

Mr Gobi the rat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2007 05:35:38 AM »

yeah, ive stayed in and around aberdeen all my life, lived in methlick and went to ellon academy, now ive flown the nest to near king street in aberdeen as im at RGU...studying social sciences, not art, booo, lol Smiley

another place to get craft things is Holborn Crafts, ive not been in but heard its ok, but a little expensive...there is also, apparently a paper mill a bus ride away where you can get some lovely papers for card making/scrapbooking, etc

also supermarkets sometimes have things...lidl, depending on what mood its in, can offer lots of great crafting things...actually had a sewing machine for 40 recently, no i didnt buy it...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007 06:07:35 AM by 0502977 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can now fit the desert in my pocket
littledevotional39
Art is either plagiarism or revolution.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2007 07:17:45 AM »

Another scottish lass here, or as Oh says "old Woman" I'm 36 (i think, old age the mind's going). I'm up near fraserburgh.
Mainly into crochet, reconstructing and hoping to get into sewing, papermaking and just about anything I can sell, give as presents or recycle.

Another Brocher! Wink
I'm in Aberdeen for college now, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Suzanne, <3x

Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Miss Noir
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2007 05:45:58 AM »

Hello all
I`m a newbie to this site.

I come from Glasgow.But live in Aberdeen at the moment.
Sortof move back & forth when i miss Glasgow too much.
I make Hair bows(not sure what craft that comes under???)& sometimes jewellery.

xXx

THIS ROCKS   Logged
frightful

Thousands and thousands of tiny metal rings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2007 09:15:08 AM »

Hello aberdeenies,

I'm back in town for about a week and need to pick up some leather cord, preferably in bulk.. like spools of 50 meters or so. 2mm diameter and squarecut for preference.

To be honest 2-3M would be more than adequate ... but I'd like material to play with while I'm away.

Has anyone got any ideas.

I want hands on this in a 'walk in and pick it up manner' as i want to weave a fairly intricate celtic knot style armband/bracelet for my GF before I have to run away again.

Thanks,
S.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Monday Makeover - Masculine Chignon Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - New Evening Bob Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - Side-Parted Ponytail Tutorial
Hairstyles in Vogue for Fall/Winter 2013
How Do I Make My Hair Look Good Between Shampoos?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...