A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Puzzle Banners  (Read 759 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mangosplash
« on: September 28, 2005 04:19:44 PM »

Hey all!

Well... this summer I created some "puzzle banners" - basically big puzzles!  The first one was for my family at a get-together... I gave everyone a piece and had them colour it, then we put it together on a background. (I had outlined where their piece should go... just to make it quicker... and easier since it took some longer than others to finish their pieces... so it was neat seeing the picture slowly form.)   My mom loved it so much that she made me do another puzzle (I just made the pieces and got it ready) and had her kids at the school colour their own piece! (She has about 27 kids... the pic only shows a few of them)  It is so great to do, because it doesn't matter how well the individual colours... it's the final picture that matters!  So the display was very unique!  Here's what they both look like:

« Last Edit: January 05, 2010 08:47:56 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What have you done today to make you feel proud?" - Heather Small
TwistedRedhead
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005 01:09:00 PM »

That is such a great idea.  They did something like this in Seattle with famous works of art--everyone got a square to paint and then they put it all together.  You could really do a lot of neat things with this idea.  I was thinking about enlarging a picture and having guests all color parts of the picture--like a picture of the couple at a wedding and the picture squares could be at the tables along with crayons and the assembled picture would be great as a memento for the bride and groom.  I need to think of reasons for me to do this since I am already married and am not a teacher and don't have family reunions.....
AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nunchuck skills...check, Computer hacking skills...check, Bowstaff skills...check, Crafting skills...check.

http://worksofartemis.etsy.com/
http://worksofartemis.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sushi Rice
How to Pick Fish for Sushi
How to Make Spicy Mayo
How to Make Eel Sauce
How to Slice Sushi Fish
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...