A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
755 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: zimmermann beads UPDATE: i made them! so EASY! + mini tute (pic heavy)  (Read 33600 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2005 07:18:02 AM »

Surfergrl311 Aw thank you!  the length of my tube before sewing was 20" x 1.75" and the beads I use are about just under 1/2 inch wide.  I used 19 beads - but if I had of had all the small silver separators - I probably would have ended up using 21-23 beads insted - some of the silver separators are quite large.  Tonight - I'm going to be purchasing a bunch of smaller separators to make more Smiley

awesome..thank you! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clarejosephine

doo do doo, do do do dooo, do do do doooooo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005 01:18:31 AM »

THIS IS SO COOL! people are making stuff like i did! woo yeah, its a first time for me!
i way like the ones with the patterned fabric more, but i didnt have any, so i worked with what i had, next time i get around to making more ill definately do patterns, like the zimmermann ones really, but yours all look so cool, i like how youve done them shorter they look way funky
job well done!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i havea wee bitta space.
booyah.
KatrinaKate
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005 02:44:31 AM »

I noticed in this month's New Woman magazine they have the Zimmermann beads  and how to make them.  I'll try to get round to scanning it and posting it.  They used marbles in the pocket of material and gold pony beads in between.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An intellectual is a man without a craft - an eastern saying
bluebubble
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2005 04:22:10 AM »

Which new woman KatrinaKate? (what country are you from) Hopefully australia cuz i will go buy it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pucchimaiko

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005 05:39:57 AM »

Marbles would be an excellent idea for long strings of these beads but I don't think they would be good for short versions (at least, short versions with ribbon fastenings like mine).

I used wooden beads inside of mine - which were pretty light weight...and even then my necklace is quite heavy!

I'd love to see the scans if you have time to post them - if it is an Australian New Woman - I doubt I'd be able to get my paws on it here - unless I have my mother send it to me. (Perhaps if I do - I can have her send some other essentials like vegemite and timtams as well? ha!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PUCHI MAIKO STORE NOW OPEN!! - Unique Kimono Fabric Kanzashi, Fashion Accessories, Chirimen Zaiku and Craft Supplies inspired by the Traditional Arts and Culture of the Japanese Geisha, Maiko and Kimono.
xcaret
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005 10:22:07 AM »

thanks for the mini tute, i just saw here in in canada a belt made like this in black satin and it look awsome, thank you for the tip..
puchimako, maybe this is off the theme, but what kind of necklace are you wearing on your picture? (avatar)..
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005 10:28:14 AM by xcaret » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mariska

play's the thing ;)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2005 01:09:08 PM »

oh guys you have done some amazing stuff! patterned fabric looks so good and fresh... damn i've gotta do this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

think outside the box
KatrinaKate
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005 05:34:11 PM »

Which new woman KatrinaKate? (what country are you from) Hopefully australia cuz i will go buy it!!

Yes Australia, it's the one with Gwynnie on the front.

It's only a small bit towards the front.  Will try and scan it tonight.

Edit: Ok, here it is.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2005 02:47:34 AM by KatrinaKate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatrinaKate
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005 02:51:59 AM »

God I suck at posting pics.  It's actually a lot bigger than that in my photobucket account.  Dunno what happened there.  Oh well, you get the idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pucchimaiko

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005 08:14:49 AM »

xcaret - It is a very heavy metal necklace.  I didn't make it myself although I wish I knew where I could by the components to make it!  I love these type of necklaces. You can see a better views of it in here and here.  Please pardon my vain, egotistical posing...I needed some artsy fartsy head shot photographs for various things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PUCHI MAIKO STORE NOW OPEN!! - Unique Kimono Fabric Kanzashi, Fashion Accessories, Chirimen Zaiku and Craft Supplies inspired by the Traditional Arts and Culture of the Japanese Geisha, Maiko and Kimono.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Blender Video Tutorial
How to Use Blender: Advanced Vital Functions
How to Use Photoshop - Dramatic Skies
SURIMPRESSIONS - GUACOLDA
Saturated Reds – Photoshop for Video Episode 91
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...