A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: alfredo sauce  (Read 1287 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iamsunny
« on: September 14, 2005 08:56:08 PM »

i want to learn how to make an alfredo sauce for fettuchini.. anyone have any good recipes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blue1

Crafty Xicanista

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005 11:44:44 PM »

I do! but i have to run to work.  i'll try to get on later and tell ya
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005 02:07:26 AM »

I have a really fantastic recipe somewhere, but I'll have to dig it up.  I think I got it off of BH&G.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
my velouria
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005 11:01:16 AM »

Here's the easiest and best alfredo sauce recipe ever. Not low cal, but it sure is good.

1 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated parmesan (use the real deal here)
1 stick butter

In a large pan, melt the butter, add the cream and stir in parmesan. Toss with cooked pasta and serve immediately. Voila! That's it. Yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gypsygurl
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005 11:04:09 AM »

All I have to add is a little garlic to that recipe would be awesome.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005 11:18:25 AM by Gypsygurl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Secret Society of Tortured Daughters-In-Law - Hate your MIL? Join the Society today!
iamsunny
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005 08:04:42 PM »

thanks.. is there a huge difference between heavy cream and whipping cream (i just have some i need to use up)
also about how much will that serve/

Here's the easiest and best alfredo sauce recipe ever. Not low cal, but it sure is good.

1 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated parmesan (use the real deal here)
1 stick butter

In a large pan, melt the butter, add the cream and stir in parmesan. Toss with cooked pasta and serve immediately. Voila! That's it. Yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blue1

Crafty Xicanista

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005 11:17:56 PM »

OK this is quick but i think the recipe is something like this:

melt a stick of butter in a sauce pan, add pressed or minced garlic.  let saute for a minute or so Do Not let it burn, brown or heavy boil.  add 1 pint cream heavy or otherwise, the richer the better! whisk together, keep heat lowish.  add 1 cup Parmesan.  whisk again.  turn up the heat so that it begins to stream a little but not boil, you never want this to boil it makes it coagulate.  take out a few spoonfuls and add an egg, beat together and then add to sauce. taste.  it might need another egg to make it bind together more and get a little thicker.  at this point you can add a little wine if you like, i think it adds a little something special.  this sauce is pretty thin, it never bothered me growing up but i can imagine some people wanting it thicker and i know my mom has added just a little cornstarch sometimes to thicken it up but a little goes a long way.  

This should make enough for a pound of fettuccine which should feed four or five.  i like mine with broccoli and and a protein like chicken or tofu and Parmesan on top.    

I hope this helps, its a little scattered but its one of thoses recipes thats hard to pin down.

P.S don't eat this too often, you might get a clogged artery (sp?).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheftanya
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005 05:48:01 AM »

The recipe I use when I teach this is:

1 cup heavy cream
2 Tb butter, unsalted
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tps freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
 1 pound fresh fettucine, cooked al dente and drained

Get the water for the pasta boiling (you need at least a gallon of water) and salt it (1 Tb).  Cook the pasta, stirring often, while you make the sauce, so that you can instantly add the drained pasta to the sauce to toss it.
IN a large skillet, bring the cream to a simmer.  Add the butter, garlic and nutmeg and simmer until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes.  Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper- but light on the salt, because parmesan is salty.
Add the cooked pasta and toss well with the sauce.  Add the parmesan cheese and toss well.
Serve immediately.  Makes 4 servings.

Please make sure you use only the best ingredients for this dish- it is perfect in it's simplicity and should not be
defiled by margarine, or garlic powder, or dried pasta, or kitty litter parmesan...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
archer*of*loaf
Lip them

Audiowhore, sucking on sound

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005 07:12:23 AM »

Cheftanya:  I have to say, your recipe ROCKS!  I never made alfredo sauce before and decided to surprise my husband with it last night.  It was really super easy to make and it was delish!  I measured 1 cup of it out for myself and my husband ate the rest of the POUND of fettuccine!  I don't know where he puts it since he's a little scrawny twig, but he's the best taste tester around.  If he likes it, it's great!  Thanks for sharing it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And hoping for an early death you swam so far you lost your breath, and struggling in the ebb and flow I took your hand, but you let go...
And now the ocean fills your lungs, and now you've got what you had come for, resting peaceful as you sink to drown under a sea of strangers.

-E. Bachmann
laureg

*alchemist extraordinaire*

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005 08:16:47 AM »

Please make sure you use only the best ingredients for this dish- it is perfect in it's simplicity and should not be
defiled by margarine, or garlic powder, or dried pasta, or kitty litter parmesan...

hee! kitty litter parmesan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you are not the boss of me
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sherry Lansing: The Fight to Make a Movie
Sherry Lansing: A Third Chapter
Sherry Lansing: When a Movie Fails
Sherry Lansing: Pioneer Studio Executive & Philanthropist
Sherry Lansing: True Love at 47
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...