A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ZIPLOC FULL OF CRAFTY DOODADS 2! CLOSED!! MAIL BY 30 Sept  (Read 8281 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftykate
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2005 08:18:36 PM »

I'm kinda confused too. At first I was thinking a big one, then a sandwich one. Now I think I got it. It's minimum a sandwich size, but larger if you and your partners want to increase in size right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2005 05:28:57 AM »

I think that's exactly it!  As a general rule of thumb, everyone should plan on sending/receiving a sandwich bag chock-full of crafty goodness.  Obviously, it's important for partners to discuss the issue and make a final decision on the size of the bag.  Personally speaking, I would stick to the bag size that my partner and I agreed on.  However, if my partner chooses to send me a little something extra that didn't fit in the bag, I wouldn't make a fuss or feel like I've shortchanged my partner.  It's not a competition of 'who sends the better package'.  In fact, I'll graciously accept whatever's sent and feel blessed to have an awesome and thoughtful swap partner.  I always return or pass along the good karma...eventually Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
Cowgrrl
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2005 05:34:48 AM »

I'd like firm rules only because this is my 1st swap & I don't want bad feedback because I should have known that even though it said sandwich size, a gallon size was the unwritten expectation.  I don't mind doing either, I'd just like to know which one to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2005 05:47:15 AM »

Cowgrrl, this will be my first swap too!  I think a sandwich size bag is all that's required.  If you send a sandwich size bag filled with crafty doodads and your partner chooses to send you stuff in a bigger size bag, that's your partner's call.  It can't be held against you and you can't receive bad feedback since you've met the swap requirements.  From what I gather, a person would receive negative feedback if he/she flaked on the swap.  Again,Rakuette, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005 09:10:44 AM by loves2experiment » THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2014
DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2005 08:47:33 AM »

Cowgrrl, this will be my first swap too!  I think a sandwich size bag is all that's required.  If you send a sandwich size bag filled with crafty doodads and your partner chooses to send you stuff in a bigger size bag, that's your partner's call.  It can't be held against you and you can't receive bad feedback since you're met the swap requirements.  From what I gather, a person would receive negative feedback if he/she flaked on the swap.  Again,Rakuette, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this.

I second that!   Wink  Most craftsters from what I've seen often go a bit above and beyond - but I say as long as you are sending something you would be happy with receiving and it meets the guidelines (in this case a sandwich sized ziplock) you're good to go.  If you're really worried check out the Gallery thread from the first swap and have a look at what was sent/received.  There's a whole jumble of stuff - some of it obviously "crafty", and some not so much (IMHO anyways *lol*).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.com - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.blogspot.com
whichwitch
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2005 06:26:49 AM »

I have a full room and a half f crafty stuff, in plastic boxes (mostly) and drawers (mostly), from floor to ceiling! I have ziplock bags of mini, snack, sandwich, quart and gallon.  I am so ready for this (well except for being paranoid that I will send the wrong size or wrong stuff! Grin).... I have to go to work now, but I can hardly wait to come home and check back in here!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bladeburn
my knife is sharp and chrome

bead junkie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2005 06:34:28 AM »

yay! im in!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and you mark it with an ex-oh-ex-oh <3<3
giggleycraft
I'm normal.... it's the rest of the world that's insane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2005 06:35:54 AM »

Yeah, I'm an obsessive supply buying person, so I have tons of doodads that I just love lying around in drawers and boxes, and tons of ziplock bags.  Now I just can't wait to get my partner's info so I can stuff a bag full of stuff she or he, there are some guys out there too, can use to do her style of crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2005 07:22:45 AM »

I can't wait either!  I would love to share with my assigned partner some of the crafty doodads I have in my craftroom.  giggleycraft, I'm what you call an 'obsessive supply buying person' too!  When I work on a craft project, I usually buy way more than what's required to finish the project (ya never know...you might need extra supplies!).  I also think it's fun to purchase bits and pieces of crafty doodads even though I have absolutely no idea what I intend to do with them (again...ya just never know).  This weekend, I'm gonna use the excuse of being a participant of this swap to hit the craft stores to pick up more stuff Smiley   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2014
Rakuette
i make pottery!

i <3 midtown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2005 10:32:22 AM »

Undecided Embarrassed Undecided Hey I am really sorry for all of that confusion.  Undecided Embarrassed Undecided It is totally my fault.   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed I do stick to my last post of sandwich is the minimum sized bag.  Do talk to your partners.  Again, I am really sorry for the confusion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal blog- http://rakuette.blogspot.com/
my stuff for sale- http://Rakuette.etsy.com
365 craft- http://365craft.blogspot.com
365 clay- http://365clay.blogspot.com

i would like to be a swap angel
a) it's a good thing to do
b) i have 5 swaps from 3 years ago that i
would like to make up
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Model Mia Tyler
On a Highland Shore Book Trailer
Jill Keto Wishes She Had This Talent
Todd Bridges Talks About Killing Willis
Tom Rob Smith Talks About Child 44 Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...