A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Blackberry from Knitty KAL  (Read 19280 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shan
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2005 03:17:16 PM »

I really want to start this pattern, but I'm not sure if I want to use the knitpicks yarn or thickn quick.  Any thoughts??   Huh  I feel like I need to finish a couple other projects before I start this one!

I started with Woolease thick and quick. I thought that it was too bulky. I have since changed to worsted ( requires lots of math). As far as the knitpicks yarn... I have no idea. It seems that people are digging it.

I have one sleeve done and have started on number two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused. - annonymous
insaknity
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2005 09:09:19 AM »

Anyone else having problems seaming the reverse stockinette?  I'm following the technique shown in Vogue Knitting for reverse stockinette.  My seams are SO obvious, and not very pretty at all.  It's so bad that I'm actually thinking about seaming the stockinette (wrong) sides, leaving an exposed seam on the right side of the garment.  Any suggestions would be EXTREMELY welcome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LolaBella
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2005 08:54:06 AM »

Wow, this one's just not working for me so far...  The cables are not being my friend and I'm just not happy with it, so for now I'm going to put it on hold.  Hopefully I'll get it done at some point, but for now it's driving me batty.  I think I'm going to start with the circular shrug over on another thread and then move on from there.  It's got the same shape, which I think holds my facination for this one, so it might just satisfy the craving... Smiley  I'll be checking in regularly though, trying to get up the nerve to do it! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Costume Blog: Bella Miss Ella
Regular Blog:
Bella Boston
irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2005 11:24:50 AM »

Here's my 1st sleeve so far.  It's almost up to my armpit.  I've had to unravel parts of it a few times, but now I have the pattern down by heart and can just sit and knit it.

LolaBella:  I'm sorry that it hasn't been working out.  Like I said, I've had to reknit parts of it because the cables were off or I forgot to put in a bobble.  I hope your other project is less frustrating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
Swaps:  OTT October10/21, Creepy Cute Stuffie10/23
snacker
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2005 07:32:33 PM »

Lolabella:  Sorry to hear you have gotten frusturated.  I know how that feels...for sure.  What project are you moving over to?  Good luck!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now have a snack!  Snack on!

etsy

flickr

wists
MsGnomer
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2005 05:39:18 AM »

Well, this is my first post here at craftster, so be kind! I was browsing the KALs to see what looked good, and for some reason this attracted my attention!  Huh So, as soon as I get the shawl done for my MIL (yuck! "fuzzy" and "suede" yarn that glitters ...she picked it out) I'll start.

Nancy, DH Jim (20 years); SAHM to Chris (17), Sam (10), Pete (6), Clare (3), Francis (^0^), and Ruth (3/29/5), MIL (80)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nancy, DH Jim (20 years); SAHM to Chris (17), Sam (10), Pete (6), Clare (3), Francis (^0^), and Ruth (3/29/5), MIL (80)
Swap Your Paperback Books - PaperBackSwap.com
LolaBella
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2005 09:05:12 AM »

I'm going to try this shrug from this thread:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45597.0

And then there's a sweater I want to do with the green yarn I was using for this.  I think I'm going to be making up my own pattern for it, but here's the thread I started for that: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=54170.0

But I'm still going to be checking in here... I love to see what everybody's done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Costume Blog: Bella Miss Ella
Regular Blog:
Bella Boston
MmmKnits
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2005 09:23:32 AM »

Your beautiful blackberries have inspired me to try one of my own--and it will be my first sweater, so I'm pretty excited. I'm going to make it using the Knitpicks Sierra in Leaf.

However, I need to pick up some size 13 circular needles first. So here's my newbie question: how long should my circular needles be? Is one length more versatile than another?

Any wisdom you could pass my way would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005 09:25:15 AM by MmmKnits » THIS ROCKS   Logged
QueenBeez
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2005 11:14:57 AM »

I'm curious to hear how all of y'all using Knitpicks Sierra are doing- I think I want to use KnitPicks Decadence (same gauge, but 100% superfine alpaca).

Also, since I hate seaming, I am thinking about trying to knit the sleeves in the round. I seriously HATE seaming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shan
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2005 04:17:19 PM »

Your beautiful blackberries have inspired me to try one of my own--and it will be my first sweater, so I'm pretty excited. I'm going to make it using the Knitpicks Sierra in Leaf.

However, I need to pick up some size 13 circular needles first. So here's my newbie question: how long should my circular needles be? Is one length more versatile than another?

Any wisdom you could pass my way would be much appreciated!

You need a pretty long one, at least 29 inches in order to fit all the edge ribbing on. Good luck. I hope to finish mine soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused. - annonymous
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Back to School Beauty Buys
How To Apply Dark Lipstick
8 Strange Beauty Treatments That Can Actually Work
How to Get Dior Inspired Nails
MC Beauty Haul: Holiday Nail Polish
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...