A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love your wedding? Then show off your photos here!  (Read 222170 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hercuteness
wonderfulonium

Give me a week or two to go absolutely cuckoo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2005 06:02:41 AM »

So, here's my friend Teresa's wedding.  It was just this past weekend, so she's in Hawaii right now!  I'm posting both the B&W images and the color ones because I couldn't decide which ones I liked better.  Sorry!

Enjoy!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You got no fear of the underdog. . .that's why you will not survive!

PHOTOGRAPHY - It's what I do, and I'm pretty darn good.
http://www.fulltiltphotography.com/

FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1261437978

MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/nadiacaffesse
DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2005 01:25:07 PM »

That flower girl pic is the cutest!!!  And what a great dress!  Two of my gf's are getting married next year and the bum's both went out to *look* at dresses and bought them first time out!  I totally missed out on the shopping *pout*   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.com - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.blogspot.com
kristiface
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2005 09:21:57 PM »

Those pics are great Smiley  I love her dress!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.
-- Charles Du Bos
hercuteness
wonderfulonium

Give me a week or two to go absolutely cuckoo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2005 08:27:34 AM »

Thanks!  The groom is a graphics designer and he designed their invitations and their favors.  The favors were these pretty, glossy bookmarks with a quote from Dante Aligheri:

In the book
Which is my memory
On the first page that
Is the chapter
When I first met you
Appear the words

Here begins a new life.

Which was also on their invitiations, that happen to be a lovely burnt orange.

Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You got no fear of the underdog. . .that's why you will not survive!

PHOTOGRAPHY - It's what I do, and I'm pretty darn good.
http://www.fulltiltphotography.com/

FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1261437978

MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/nadiacaffesse
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2005 09:45:46 AM »

Oh I LOVE that!  If I go the traditional wedding route I will have to do that!

I am not engaged, I have a long term boyfriend and maybe we will get married after I finish grad school.  I wouldn't know if I wanted a traditional wedding/reception, or do something wild like have my reception be at a baseball game (I am a big sports fan and White Sox in particular).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
francie pants
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2005 12:05:39 PM »

we had two weddings.... the first was pretty traditional but with a few tweaks in our favor.  its amazing how fast i could be guilted into things like tuxes and wearing shoes. but atleast i made my own dress... and stayed firm on the hemp silk
getting me ready....

we got married in the beautiful church my dh works at... here's me and my nieces.  they twirled they're brains out

our first dance was to the Grateful Dead song "they love eachother"  and our dj was a dear friend who treated us to a 20 MINUTE LONG live rendition LOLOLOL  and no one would come out and dance by us.
oh, except my twirling neices

the wedding was in greenbay where all hydrangeas grew white... so my sister cut a whole bush worth of her hydrangeas from her yard in seattle, wrapped the ends i wet towels and mailed em overnight in a rubbermaid box.  total cost for flowers, 100 bucks

heres my very sweet and accomodating bridesmaids

my hubby with my niece... the reception was at this huge old ballroom in the middle of the country.  all victorian.

here we are in the limo... excuse the boobage... the corset i had made was incredible on the waist, but any sitting forced the girls up to unatural places.... and i couldn't put my head back cuz the hairdresser had sewn my waist length dreads into this bulky but pretty waterfall looking french braid
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 01:32:13 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
francie pants
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2005 12:11:30 PM »

and here's the much more comfortable second wedding.  it was near the original woodstock site... the ceremony was actually in the woods on max yasgur's farm, if you know who max is  Grin  
here i am getting ready

the ceremony infront of our friend's RV

the kiss filled with bubbles thanks to our sweet brother motorcycle Al.... and that's grillmaster next to us.  he performs all the woodstock weddings in our 'family'

and two days before the wedding, joyce wrote this magnificent song about us and our love for eachother... so here she is trying not to cry while i'm bawling  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 01:42:52 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
stringy
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2005 11:38:19 PM »

francie pants, how did the hemp silk work out for you? Was it nice to wear, easy to find? I'm interested in using either a hemp silk or organic cotton fabric for my dress, and would love to hear some reviews of how it holds up over a long day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
francie pants
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2005 04:39:04 AM »

it held up great!!  its a pain to get wrinkles out of and i was bad and didn't always hang the dress before the wedding.  but they were only noticable to me.  its strong, shimmery, and the drape was heavenly.  and SUPER easy to order from hemptraders.  there's a few different varieties out there.  i've seen one that has a floral design and is matte on one side and shiney on the wrong.  mine really didn't have a wrong side.  its the one on the dharma trading company site that is described as "if this fabric were a person, you'd want to marry it."  hahahahaha and talk about inexpensive compared to 100% silk.  if you like shantung, you'll love it.  but its not a gleaming white.... so if yer looking for snow blinding white, it won't work.  but i hope you give it a try.  google search for some fabric sellers and get a whole passle of swatches!  it pays off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
philodendron5
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2005 10:25:09 PM »

First! All of your weddings are gorgeous and inspiring! Thank you all for posting such lovely photos!

and second... franciepants: do you have a photo of your dreds braided? It sounds like it would be really beautiful, but I"m having trouble picturing it. I wanna see it!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meatwad: I'm satan's onion... or scallion, something like that.

Frylock: I think you mean minion.

Meatwad: oh yeah, that's right.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Penélope Cruz’s Nude Lips
The Best at Home High-Tech Skin Care Devices
Guy Attempts to Follow a J-Lo Glow Tutorial
Sona Gasparian Talks Personal Style and On-Set Secrets
Turmeric Mask from India
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...