A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
745 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love your wedding? Then show off your photos here!  (Read 220038 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Megzy818
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #720 on: April 05, 2009 07:48:43 AM »

ooh that boquet is gorgeouss! i love that your wedding took place in a place that was so inpertant and sentimental to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #721 on: April 05, 2009 12:30:30 PM »

Thank you! I loved my bouquet. I've got it dried out and stored at my aunt's house until we move out of our apartment.

It really was special to have it at my grandmother's house. It's a very beautiful place and has been a huge part of my life. She & I did the shopping for flowers, ribbon, etc. but she has a professional decorator that does her Christmas trees that came to help. It was a really small wedding, so we were able to do a lot with cake, decorations, photography, etc. I just don't have any access to my professional pictures online. They do have a couple of our pictures on their website:

http://www.wellsphoto.net/index2.php
(11th and 14th picture on the little scrolly bar)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #722 on: April 29, 2009 01:07:20 PM »

Wow!  Beautiful wedding SML!!!

Here's a pic from mine a million years ago....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
bluluuluu
« Reply #723 on: April 29, 2009 04:51:43 PM »

We were married October of 07 so we had a Fall-theme wedding in the park on a little stage.  The music was Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, and Billie Holiday.  It was fairly small- only my sister as maid of honor and his best friend as best man and my two little nieces as flower girls (but they dropped leaves instead out of little twig pumpkin baskets).  We had a Native American wedding blessing and poetry read by several people during and had a sand ceremony in place of the candle thing.  I got my dress relatively inexpensive at a second hand store.

my dad walking me down

I got our rings from a seller on Etsy, they have leaf imprints

close-up of back

doing the actual cutting after the 'fake' one

...and Ada, our unexpected wedding gift... she's 50 pounds now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #724 on: April 29, 2009 09:06:28 PM »

I've been meaning to post these for a while now.  My husband and I were married in May of 2007, one week after I received my master's degree.  Suffice to say, planning my wedding took a back seat to finishing my thesis, and yet, I think I pulled off a really beautiful wedding.  We were married at the "Historic Lincoln Hotel" in Urbana, IL, which is a giant Tudor castle, furnished like a Bavarian hunting lodge, complete with suits of armor, crystal, and Tudor arched fireplaces.  The walls were even covered in crewel-worked fabric.  As for craftiness, I thought about making my own gown, as I got my Master's in costume design, but I knew I would be too busy finishing my degree.  I found this stunning gown at quite a good deal, and got $150 off for renting the tuxes there.  With alterations it came to about $580.  The lesson here:  try small, locally owned, gown stores.  I did do my groom's cake, favors, invitations, all my own flowers (I took floral design courses in grad school), and spiffied up my flower girl's dress.  We also did our own music.  Rented speakers which hubby set up, and rigged a playlist on my lap top.  Music came to $65, and we kept getting complements on how awesome our "DJ" was.  (It was my uncle, who hung out near the computer, with a rum and coke, enjoying not having to dance.)  All in all, though this may be vulgar to bring up, we did the whole ballroom wedding, with favors, flowers, food, drink, dresses, music, etc. etc. etc. for $3,000!  If you are planning a wedding, don't let anyone ever ever tell you that you can't have a STUNNING wedding on a very small budget.  And don't let anyone talk you into anything you don't want.  Every single person who came to my wedding was dancing, laughing, and having a great time.  At one point every single guest linked arms to serenade us with "Friends in Low Places".  Do what makes you happy, and damn the wedding magazines!

Oh okay, enough soap boxing.  Now, on to the pictures!

The Historic Lincoln Hotel

My sister in law, in the Tudor hunting lodge hotel lobby.

Detail of Tudor arches over the hotel lobby fireplace.

My handsome husband, getting all spiffed up.

The lobby just outside the ballroom, during a wedding vendor faire in the same location.

The ballroom lobby in daylight:

At the "alter", with flowers by me:

Pretty pretty hair.

Dancing with one of the ring bearers, my baby cousin Isaac:

My niece and nephew, outside the ballroom.  I bought Megan's dress, then added the velvet sash, flower brooch, and gold petals.

My sister in law called this "Still Life at a Wedding":

Alter flowers:

My "mock-up" bouquet.  I did all my own flowers, as I was taking floral design courses at the time, and my professor lent us the use of her room and cooler.

Cake
I fell in love with an example cake at the baker's that looked like mine, but was stacked.  I loved that it was NOT white.  It shimmered gently.  The whole wedding cake, in three flavors: Champagne White, Cappucino, and Bananas Foster:

Cake top with tiny king and queen we found in a toy store behind the hotel, because, let's face it, cake toppers are rather dumb in design, so you might as well geek out there.

Groom's Cake, that I made myself, the morning of the wedding as a surprise for Jim:

The happiest bride ever:

Hope you liked it as much as I did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
naravyn
« Reply #725 on: April 30, 2009 07:37:31 AM »

gorgeous pictures.. love the guiness cake for hubby. that is great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
danirene
« Reply #726 on: May 01, 2009 12:06:49 AM »

Oh my... all of these weddings are so gorgeous!

My boy and I have been discussing getting married for a bit now, and I've seen the ring he is going to give to me... (it was his grandmothers, a beautiful star sapphire) but he hasn't actually asked quite yet.

However... We plan our wedding as though it's this year...

This thread has been so inspiring! Everyone looks so beautiful! I can't wait till  mine actually happens... If I knew where he was hiding that ring I would show it to y'all...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HeartOn
« Reply #727 on: May 06, 2009 10:58:30 PM »

That last photo of you is ADORABLE! Delicious looking Guiness cake, too.

I really like your rings, bluluuluu!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #728 on: May 18, 2009 09:51:42 PM »

We got married in Houston on March 22, 2009. I tried to do a lot of crafty stuff, and a lot I was happy with but there were a few failures and some things I just didn't use.
Made:
  • ringbearers' pillows
  • boutineers and corsages (with help from mom) and 4 bouquets
  • added sash and pearl belt buckle to flower basket
  • cake topper that was way too big for the cake haha
  • reversible shawls for bridesmaids
  • decorated the toasting glasses but you can't see in the pictures
  • centerpieces (2 or 3 got water in them and ended up looking totally gross but it was too late to do anything about)
  • candle holders and decorated the unity candles No one had a lighter on them when we were doing the ceremony so we just pretended haha.
  • sash for flower girl that was forgotten
  • heart shaped crayons that didn't get used
  • bathroom stuff holders that didn't get used
  • bridal shower invites
  • wedding invitations
  • "flower" pens that no one realized were pens

That's all I can think of at the moment.
And, silly me, I waited until AFTER the wedding to lose weight (18 pounds so far) so I'm fairly unhappy with the way I look in almost all of the photos. Sad

I'm only posting two or three of my favorites, just cuz I don't feel like c/p'ing 100 or so codes soooo here goes.

You can see a bunch of the wedding photos in this slideshow... http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v378/TheKster/Wedding/?albumview=slideshow
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
snowbird49908

crazy looks good on me

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 18, 2009 11:01:02 PM »

looks like a beautiful wedding and it sounds like you put alot of creative work into it.
Good for you on the weight loss but I think you look beautiful in the pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All That I'm After Is A Life Full Of Laughter
As Long As I'm Laughing With You
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Naan Bread
How to Make Onion Bhaji
Making Pad Thai
How to Make Raita
How to Use Fresh Ginger Root
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...