A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love your wedding? Then show off your photos here!  (Read 233063 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadyCregga
keeper of the castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2006 11:07:46 AM »

Ok since I have been admiring all of these gorgous wedding pics I figured I might as well post mine.
This is the chapel in Las Vegas where we got married.
It's in the Excalibur hotel.

Here we are right after the ceramony

It was his idea to dress as royalty since I have always called him my frog prince.
It was my dream wedding, just the two of us, no one else.
So my mom decided we needed to have a reception so everyone can celebrate with us, even with me protesting we had it a month later in October,
I made all the flower decorations which was hard to find spring colors in the fall!!!
I made the cake topper too, needed to do it cheap so I just got one of those plastic picture frames and stuck our wedding pic in it.
Everyone loved it!
Here is the cake

And the grooms cake I had to fight the bakery to decorate with colored flowers!
The wasn't going to do it until we told them fine we just won't get any of the cakes from you.
They finally caved in.
Their argument was that groom's cakes are ALL chocolate no color.
I say what ever the person wants to pay for you do!
Anyway here it is.

And since a bunch was posting your non traditional engagement rings here is mine.

It's a black pearl(my favorite stone) set in white gold and the wedding band is just a plan old 14K white gold band with a half circle cut out so it will rest against my engagement ring.
I am no allergic to it, so we have tattoo rings now as you can see in the pic.
I have water for his Zodiac element and he fire for mine.

And as of September 3rd of this year we will be happily married for 7 years, for and every 5 years we get remarried, two years ago we renewed our vows at the local ren faire.
And for our 10th anniversarry we are going back to Vegas to do it up big again.
That was we stay newlyweds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!! -- What a Ride! -- Anonymous
Najah

Accessorize fearlessly.

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2006 07:27:17 PM »

And as of September 3rd of this year we will be happily married for 7 years, for and every 5 years we get remarried, two years ago we renewed our vows at the local ren faire.
And for our 10th anniversarry we are going back to Vegas to do it up big again.
That was we stay newlyweds.

What a wonderful story, LadyCregga! I love that you renewed your vows at the Rennaisance Festival. I bet you two got to wear your regal wedding attire again. My husband and I have considered doing such a thing out our local Rennfest. Thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GhostAcademy
« Reply #242 on: August 04, 2006 10:16:00 PM »

I totally have this thread bookmarked and I check it all the time but I've never posted 'cause I'm too shy.  So I'm going to take a deep breath and share a bunch of pictures Roll Eyes

Our invitations, which I made:

The leaves are cut out of really pretty Japanese paper and are a little sparkly in person.  Here's the envelopes, which show our general color scheme:

This picture is immediately after the "I now pronounce you....."

During the ceremony, the officiant threw in this part we didn't know about where he made us kiss each others' rings.  It totally cracked us up, which is why we're all smirky

We got married in a park.  It was all very casual.  I did the flowers myself, with a little help from my mom.  I don't have a decent picture of the ceremony area but here's an altarpiece (made in a terra cotta pot)

Me and my two favorite ladies (my bridesmaids Smiley)

And one of me and my mom.  She walked me down the aisle with my dad (so it wouldn't be like my father "giving me away" to my husband - creepy) so I had her carry a little bouquet instead of just a corsage

Bridesmaids goofing off:

A closeup of my bouquet 'cause flowers make me damn happy:
(yep, I wore a pink and black party dress.  I never looked good in white anyway)
And finally, we had individual cakes instead of one big one:

I hope that wasn't too many pictures!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 01:34:34 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I read your manifestos and strange religious tracts.  You took me to your library and kissed me in the stacks.

http://www.ghostacademy.blogspot.com  http://www.onfirewithfireflies.blogspot.com
Sweetttart3

Tea and Cake or Death

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2006 08:59:51 AM »

GhostAcademy, I adore every last detail of your wedding. The invitations are great, your flowers are beautiful, and you are stunning. The dress is perfect. I know I am gushing, but your wedding photos make me feel very very happy.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn the man, Save the Empire!

http://www.wists.com/Sweetttart3

I wanna personal swap!
GhostAcademy
« Reply #244 on: August 05, 2006 10:58:09 PM »

aww, thanks!  That's so sweet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I read your manifestos and strange religious tracts.  You took me to your library and kissed me in the stacks.

http://www.ghostacademy.blogspot.com  http://www.onfirewithfireflies.blogspot.com
littledoe
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2006 07:45:08 PM »

It was a storybook day and not a thing went wrong.  Our 4 children were so well behaved and the weather was perfect. 

Our friends were godsends and kept everything running smoothly.  I didn't have a care in the world.  I was so glad that a coworker had suggested having someone coordinate the day.  My best friend took on the task and was awesome.  She even refereed my chidren when they had some minor tiffs in the house.

There are a few minor things I would've changed. Only to have used clips of the processional songs rather than the whole thing.  Our friend improvised and faded out the song then skipped to next song with the remote.  We also had lots of leftover food and alcohol.  Oh and the guys' bouts that I made didn't hold up.  The rose heads snapped off.  My kids also stood behind me at the arbor and if they had stood more in front then we could've gotten some better shots of all us up there.

It was SO much work doing the wedding at home though.  We did a bit of setting up the night before and I helped for a couple hours before heading off to my hair and makeup appointments.  In the end it looked gorgeous and all our friends and family had a great time.

While I had a few doubts about my decision to dress indian style, I'm so happy I did.  It was me and unique.  Our guests thought it was very neat.  My marriage commissioner was impressed that I had made it.

On to the pictures!!  My sister took loads with our new Canon Digital Rebel XT.  Our dad also videotaped but we haven't watched it yet.

The backyard.  We rented potted dwarf Alberta Spruce from the local garden centre.  They lined the pathway to our backyard, from the front of the house and the aisle.  The arbor had red organza on it then we bought plastic ivy and wove cut roses in it.  We also had 2 topiary trees on the sides of the arbor and put cut roses it in as well.  People thought it was a rose tree!

With this ring...after this we said a few words of our own to each other and I got choked up and started to cry.

The kiss!

Signing the registry.  I threw this pic in to show what our centrepieces looked like.  I did 4 of these up for the signing table, guest book table and food tables.  It's gerbers, spray mums and dahlias, along with greenery.  Safeway couldn't get in all the gerbers I wanted so at the last minute we had to improvise.

We're married!

My daughter loved my bouquet so much and really wanted me to toss it.  Not enough single ladies though!

My dad made us a cedar bench for under the arbor as a wedding present.  I adore it!

A closer look at the bouquet.

Cutting the cake my fiance made us.  It was white box cake with a homemade lemon filling that I made.  We just stuck one of our cookie wedding favors on it and had intended to have 2 lego people on it as well, but forgot to find them in time.  The cookie is iced on the front.

A group shot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CelebritySkin
« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2006 11:46:59 AM »

How pretty!  I love the red...very striking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
electrocarly
« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2006 06:57:19 AM »

aw i've got to the last page of the thread.  Cry

everything was gorgeous, congratulations to all you gorgeous couples and your amazing wedding days.

xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grammar_gremlin
« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2006 09:01:00 AM »

What beautiful weddings!  I just have to share.

Here's the wedding party:

Me and hubby making our entrance at the reception:

Shoving frosting up each other's noses.  The cake isn't exactly how I would have liked it, but his great aunt made it, so I didn't argue.  You can't tell from the pic, but the background icing is a pale purple.  And yes, the groom on the cake topper is wearing a ball and chain:

Here's the best man making his toast.  My parents and I put together the fruit, cheese, and cracker trays:

And finally, my fave . . . sharing a kiss and enjoying the beautiful fall day:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2006 11:42:12 AM »

grammar_gremlin, your dress is so cute and it suits you so well! i love that last pic Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Are Kaiware Sprouts
What Is a Kaffir Lime
What Is Galangal
What Is Crispy Fried Onions Are
What Are Bragg or Tamari
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...