A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 307,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love your wedding? Then show off your photos here!  (Read 267685 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kitkabbit
« Reply #360 on: January 22, 2007 08:36:33 AM »

mlle_rachelmarie,

I love your photos!!!  And especially liked your wedding timeline!  what a cute idea!  Thank you for sharing with us =)  looks like you had a perfect day =)

~k
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mlle_rachelmarie

Writing my dissertation in 15 minutes a day.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: January 22, 2007 09:08:49 AM »

Thanks, everyone!  That last picture was taken in this circular wooden "ship room" that used to be the office of the original home owner in the 1920s and 1930s.  Such a funky old place.  We really didn't even need decorations!

As you can probably tell, I'm having trouble pairing down my photos - the photographer did such a good job!  Now I'm "crafting" my wedding album and trying to cut it down...  Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog about my Paris life, books, and artsy crafty things: http://www.craftyrachel.com
Shimmer413

i'm a non-monotasker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: January 25, 2007 07:00:44 AM »

I just had to chime in about how much I LOVE this thread.... beautiful, beautiful things here.  I just got engaged last week (!!) and can't wait to start planning!

Like many of you, we will have a very limited budget and will be paying for just about everything ourselves.  We're thinking of this beautiful park by the lake for next springtime (May of '08), so I should have plenty of time to be crafty!  We'd like to get married sooner, but I have my heart set on an outdoor wedding, and being in Vermont that doesn't leave us much wiggle room for time of year!   Smiley

Thank you all for sharing your weddings and fabulous ideas!

ETA:  Ok nevermind the springtime thing... its was tooo far!!  September 22, 2007!  Still 8 months to plan... should be just plenty of time.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007 02:02:18 PM by Shimmer413 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like to dabble in it all... curiosity keeps me crafty.

my blog: paper + stitch
sterlinggurl
« Reply #363 on: January 25, 2007 07:29:57 AM »

I just had to chime in about how much I LOVE this thread.... beautiful, beautiful things here.  I just got engaged last week (!!) and can't wait to start planning!

Like many of you, we will have a very limited budget and will be paying for just about everything ourselves.  We're thinking of this beautiful park by the lake for next springtime (May of '08), so I should have plenty of time to be crafty!  We'd like to get married sooner, but I have my heart set on an outdoor wedding, and being in Vermont that doesn't leave us much wiggle room for time of year!   Smiley

\

if u need any help.... message me.... I planned and intimate formal night wedding for $5000. so i have lots of information.

and Congrats on ur engagment
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will do personal swaps!! Beads, findings, etc
ashtree
« Reply #364 on: January 25, 2007 11:23:12 PM »

mlle_rachelmarie-What a gorgeous wedding! I love your dress, and I like the inscription on your rings. Very cool, very crafty wedding! Congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ashtree
« Reply #365 on: January 25, 2007 11:25:56 PM »

Like many of you, we will have a very limited budget and will be paying for just about everything ourselves.  We're thinking of this beautiful park by the lake for next springtime (May of '08), so I should have plenty of time to be crafty!  We'd like to get married sooner, but I have my heart set on an outdoor wedding, and being in Vermont that doesn't leave us much wiggle room for time of year!   Smiley

ETA:  Ok nevermind the springtime thing... its was tooo far!!  September 22, 2007!  Still 8 months to plan... should be just plenty of time.

WOW! Thats the same day I'm getting married! I can't wait to see what you're planning. We are doing an outdoor wedding, pretty informal, comfy and fun! I vow to start my craft list on February 1st. But I know once I do, I'll have no more spare time for awhile....oh well....its so worth it!
Congrats to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shimmer413

i'm a non-monotasker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: January 26, 2007 08:14:34 AM »

Thanks, ashtree!  Congrats to you as well!   We are also doing an outdoor wedding (ceremony outside, reception mostly inside).  Pretty informal and fun is our goal too - I'm terming it "casually elegant".  You know, khakis and a button down for guys, summer dresses for girls. 

I'm also just having my bridesmaids wear black cocktail dresses that they already own.  I don't know about most people, but I usually cringe at having to spend boatloads of money to be in somebody's wedding.  Of course, I've done it before, but I'd like to give my bridesmaids the option not to have to.  And then we'll accent our color with the flowers.

Something else too... we decided to forego traditional favors because we are not having a sit down meal - just heavy hors'duerves (?) so instead I will make up programs weighted down with a magnet set on each chair for the ceremony.  The chairs are metal so that should work out, I hope.

Sorry, if I shouldn't be writing all this in the "Show off your photos" board, but I just wanted to spread ideas and hope to gather many more!   Smiley  Thanks everybody for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like to dabble in it all... curiosity keeps me crafty.

my blog: paper + stitch
ashtree
« Reply #367 on: January 26, 2007 05:01:40 PM »

Shimmer413-Have you posted in the wedding craftalong? Its pretty cool, and its fun seeing everyones progress. Your wedding sounds A LOT like ours! I can't wait to read more about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chloe_hippy
« Reply #368 on: January 28, 2007 09:44:21 AM »

we were married last july on the hottest day of the year here in nova scotia, hit 96 degrees!! my dress had 4 layers to the skirt and all the men were wearing tuxes, crazy hot day..but it was beautiful...

my mom made the dresses, i made the flower arrangements, including boutineres, and the invites, my mom made the archway, but i can't find a good picture of it here at work.

and we made the cake,

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 01:45:53 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ashtree
« Reply #369 on: January 31, 2007 09:29:16 PM »

Chloe-Hippy-What a great wedding! I'm all about small, outdoor weddings with lots of hand made stuff. I can't tell if yours was small though, but it still looks like it was fun. I love the picture of the boy sneaking cake. I REALLY like your bouquet, I'm very impressed! Everyone looks really great, what an awesome mom you have!!!
Thanks for sharing your pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...