A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,207
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Necklace for my wedding...IN ACTION!!  (Read 2467 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

countrygal
« on: September 14, 2005 02:35:53 AM »

I've seen the "scalloped" looking silver necklaces in a couple of jewelry stores I've looked in, and absolutlely loved them.  So I thought, I wonder  how that would  look with pearls? or (faux pearls that is).  I love how it turned out, but it feels like there's something missing. (besides earrings).  Was wondering if you all could help me out.  All opinions of how to make this necklace better would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!   PLEASE!! 

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/mries/weddingpics/alter%20decorations/th_HPIM0728.jpg
This is what it looks like with the dangles shortened.  And I shortened the length of the necklace also.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/mries/weddingpics/alter%20decorations/th_HPIM0739.jpg

I think it looks better "so far", but I'm still going to try everyone's suggestions.  Thanks again for all your help.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011 09:01:19 AM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged
janakisses

I live in my own little world, but you can visit!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005 03:47:00 AM »

I don't think there is a thing missing.  It is stunning and elegant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
around
mama

where are we going? why are we in this handbasket?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005 04:11:23 AM »

i agree. i think it is perfect just the way it is. can't think of a single thing to improve it.
great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the centuries are sprinkled with rare magic and divine creatures who help us get past the common and extraordinary ills that beset us

Favorite Craftster quote --
"Normal" is for chumps, suckers and saps. -TheMistressT
smokingmonkey
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005 07:00:29 AM »

It's lovely! You could leave it as is.

As for suggestions, there's something jarring about the long straight pieces after following the soft curves of the rest of it, and I think I see where you feel something "missing". You could add shorter dangles around the rest (like only one or two pearls long or so?) I can't tell what's at the ends of the three dangles from your pictures, but maybe shorten them up a little or add a slightly bigger pearl in the middle to fill it out a little?

Just suggestions! The scalloped necklace is so pretty (and would be fine on it's own) but it also looks like a really good base to jump off in a lot of directions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LivinEasy

Eat Cheese. Be Happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005 07:31:58 AM »

Oooh, I think your scalloped pearl idea is incredibly elegant and I want to see more of it in this necklace! I agree with smokingmoneky...the straight lines with the curves just strikes me as a little off (although if I were to see it worn during a wedding I wouldn't bat any eye. But here in a critiquing environment...)  I think another row or two of what you've already got would be really pretty. Maybe something like this?

I apologize for this rendering but you get the idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xcaret
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005 08:18:23 AM »

i agree too about taking the dangles off and adding more of the scalops, maybe adding a second row of scalops around the whole necklace and adding a third one in the front and just one big pearl drop in the middle for a focal point..i hope this help...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005 09:21:07 AM »

Beautiful necklace, but I agree with Xcaret that it would look better with more scallops and a more central dangly.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

countrygal
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005 10:44:41 AM »

It's lovely! You could leave it as is.

As for suggestions, there's something jarring about the long straight pieces after following the soft curves of the rest of it, and I think I see where you feel something "missing". You could add shorter dangles around the rest (like only one or two pearls long or so?) I can't tell what's at the ends of the three dangles from your pictures, but maybe shorten them up a little or add a slightly bigger pearl in the middle to fill it out a little?

Just suggestions! The scalloped necklace is so pretty (and would be fine on it's own) but it also looks like a really good base to jump off in a lot of directions.

Thanks so much for your input.  I told my mom this morning that I was going to try and shorten the dangles up some.  Never thought about adding little dangles around the rest of it.    The ends are CZ teardrops.

Oooh, I think your scalloped pearl idea is incredibly elegant and I want to see more of it in this necklace! I agree with smokingmoneky...the straight lines with the curves just strikes me as a little off (although if I were to see it worn during a wedding I wouldn't bat any eye. But here in a critiquing environment...)  I think another row or two of what you've already got would be really pretty. Maybe something like this?

I apologize for this rendering but you get the idea.

WOW!!! That's what I had originally drawed out. (along with about 20 other drawings)  Creepy!!!  But, I really like that little bit of "sparkle" that the teardrops give it, which is why I put  that idea  to the side for a little while, but hadn't totally ruled it out.  Thanks for your suggestions.

i agree too about taking the dangles off and adding more of the scalops, maybe adding a second row of scalops around the whole necklace and adding a third one in the front and just one big pearl drop in the middle for a focal point..i hope this help...

Maybe I could add the teardrop in the middle instead of the one big pearl?  Hmm?  Thanks for your help.

Thanks everyone for your comments/suggestions/help.  I really appreciate it.  (running off to do some reconstructive surgery) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LivinEasy

Eat Cheese. Be Happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005 10:45:59 AM »

Make sure to keep us updated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

around
mama

where are we going? why are we in this handbasket?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005 05:37:09 PM »

i know i said i liked it before, but those additions look GREAT.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the centuries are sprinkled with rare magic and divine creatures who help us get past the common and extraordinary ills that beset us

Favorite Craftster quote --
"Normal" is for chumps, suckers and saps. -TheMistressT
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Zebrafish Book Trailer
Ellen Crosby Talks About The Viognier Vendetta
Meet Media Personality Tavis Smiley
Sarah Beth Durst Talks About Enchanted Ivy
Daniel Yergin Talks About The Prize
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...