A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitch 'n Bitch Projects  (Read 141012 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game , debbie_stoller  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

purlgurlknits
« Reply #290 on: April 27, 2004 07:56:15 PM »

redbirdrae,

i don't recall how many skeins, i think 4 for the main color, and 1 each for the stripes (with lotsa leftovers). i just did the conversion from rowan kid classic yardage (151/sk) to cascades yardage (220/sk). they're both worsted weight, so i was able to use the same needle size (Cool as used in the pattern (7s) for the cast on and bottom ribbing. since so little of the yarn was used for the stripes, i could probably make a hat or two out of the leftovers, but think i might even try a felted tote. if you like the pattern, i'd say go for it. there seems to be quite a bit of online support on the s 'n b patterns. just make sure to swatch!

i'm swatchin' for the skully sweater right now and even though i'm using the same yarn as called for (lamb's pride bulky), i've had to go up 2 needle sizes! the pattern calls for size 10-1/2s, but i've just moved up to 13s!

pg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog ||  ravelry ||  wist
swaps: handmade bird swap, coraline mystery box swap
cameras4toys

"Tears are the orgasm of laughter!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: June 03, 2004 10:31:28 AM »

I finshed my 1st Pipi-Knee stocking last night.

I found the directions to switch color not consistent with the rest of the pattern. As far as counting rows. My socks ended up longer.
I carried the yarn for the first row of the new color then cut the old yarn. I'd prefer the look of a clean color change. I will have to investigate the best method.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenharned

* (jin)1. the girl. 2. a trap or snare

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 03, 2004 02:22:12 PM »

hey cameras4toys-- i made that same mistake on my first sock from that pattern! what you are supposed to do is just carry the yarn over for the FIRST STITCH of the next color so that you have only ONE stitch that has two different colors, and treat that ONE as a single stitch later. sorry to tell you now- if it makes you feel any better i think your socks look awesome anyway and the color scheme rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mojo
« Reply #293 on: June 09, 2004 11:11:43 AM »

Here's my completed Tank Girl made with Ole cotton/acrylic in bright orange.  I'm really pleased with how this came out, especially after my Skully sweater issues (it didn't fit  Cry).  Excuse the close up of my armpit in this picture!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jpants
« Reply #294 on: June 09, 2004 11:46:09 AM »

mojo-that looks awesome!  do you mind me asking what size you made/what size you wear in store-bought clothes?  i think i might need to re-make mine in a smaller size.  i think i made the 36" size and it is just not attractive.  it's blue and every time i put it on i feel like a big blue marshmallow.  i'm actually thinking if it were smaller/fit tighter, it would be more flattering.  i usually wear a medium in store-bought clothes.  any input?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mojo
« Reply #295 on: June 09, 2004 12:03:45 PM »

Thanks for the compliment jpants!!

I usually wear a 6 in store clothes but I'm petite and busty so I tend to buy mediums because I like things to be roomy.  I made the Tank Girl in the 36" size too and it fits snug but not too tight.  I hope you find the right fit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargirl52
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2004 12:00:13 AM »

wow!
These are all so kool! Especially those kitty ear hat thingies! Are they easy or hard? I can only do normal knitting, and beginning to do purl!!! Also, i'm suuuuuuch a slow knitter!
I've reserved stich 'n' bitch at my library (just across the road, all the librarians know my name, i'm sooo sad!!!)
***Georgia***
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your lungs to stop working without me.

http://georgianess.livejournal.com
sarahdotcom

I'm not a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: June 15, 2004 01:11:29 AM »

Ooh, I never thought to get it out of the library!  Which library is that, Georgia?  I don't really go to the public library any more (lost my card in one of my many moves), but I've been meaning to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog, fingers and toes
stargirl52
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 15, 2004 11:23:22 PM »

Ooh, I never thought to get it out of the library!  Which library is that, Georgia?  I don't really go to the public library any more (lost my card in one of my many moves), but I've been meaning to!
It's fendalton, but if ya go in2 http://library.christchurch.org.nz and click *catalogues* or sumthin like that, you can search. Although, u do need 2 know ur library card numba and PIN, so u might actually need 2 go the library 2 get 1!
On the site, you can reserve any books online, just specify which library 2 pick them up fr m, and ur good 2 go Grin
***Georgia***
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your lungs to stop working without me.

http://georgianess.livejournal.com
sarahdotcom

I'm not a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: June 16, 2004 01:35:32 AM »

That's my nearest library anyway!  I'll go when I've finished exams...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog, fingers and toes
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Featured Blogger: Annabelle Fleur of Viva Luxury
The Pencil Skirt: An Office Staple is Reborn
5 Ways To Wear A Leather Skater Skirt
Rev Run and Tyrese: You Wore That to Church?
Rev Run and Tyrese: How to Dress For Your Age
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...