A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitch 'n Bitch Projects  (Read 137148 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game , debbie_stoller  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

holywhack

...trying to get it together

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2004 09:11:05 AM »

really...that's not bad at all!!  I'm definitely gonna have to try it when I get home from work!!

does it really matter what kind of yarn you use?   cause i'm a little strapped and can't afford the fancy stuff right now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft unto others, as you would have them craft unto you...
grrl13
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2004 01:02:31 PM »

does it really matter what kind of yarn you use?  cause i'm a little strapped and can't afford the fancy stuff right now...

I used really thin gauge, like 22 sts per 4"...it was that micro fine cotton yarn. i bet u could use anything though. it will be chunkier or smaller depending on the yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Xanthia

the goddess of hugs

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2004 01:27:17 PM »

I'm loving my book, after I wipe the drool off the pages I'm sure I'll make something to post...honest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luv2cats72
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2004 08:22:12 AM »

Just wanted to chime in with praise for SnB.  I had never knitted before when I bought this book last Tuesday with one of the giftcards I received for Christmas.  Since then, I've made a couple of practice swatches, finished the go-go garter stitch scarf (but chose a bad color combo--looks like something Freddy Krueger would wear!), and am now working on both the ribbed for her pleasure scarf and the big bad baby blanket.  

I am a knitting convert, thanks to Debbie, and I'm having a blast!  I'm at the point where I can barely endure sitting still without knitting needles in my hands--I want to knit during meetings at work, but haven't gotten the balls (ha ha) to do it yet.  And I've found myself trying to knit in my sleep. . .

We just ordered a digital camera this week, so once it arrives, I'll be sure to post pics of some finished work.  Everyone else has made such beautiful things as well--thanks for sharing!

Tara
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Millie
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2004 07:20:25 PM »

I got my book for christmas, and it is wonderful. Knitting is sooo fun!
I was wondering if soeone could give me some tips on intarsia. I ahev just knitted a powerful wrist protection wristband but i knida made the "intarsia" up. What I have been doing is knitting up to the chart the doing what it says in the book ( putting the needle into the stitch then laying the new yarn over it and twirling..) the i just twirled the two yarns together each time then leaving the CC hanging and finnishing the row. Then when i get to the chart section again the the second row i twirl again and again then leave it hanging. does that make sense?  Smiley  Is that what i'm meant to be doing?

Millie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amobabe

I'm a llama's mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2004 05:41:36 AM »

Dear Dopaminechoi,
If you make it out to Brooklyn, Knitting Hands on Atlantic, just east of Smith St. has pretty great prices on needles. They have quite a selection but I'd call first to make sure they have the sizes you need before you trek out.
They seem to have many different types of needles for cheaper than anywhere else I know in New York City where I live.  Good luck..!

Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ziza
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2004 12:40:09 PM »

I love snb. I'm currently working on the go-everywhere cardigan. I'm finishing the back, then I'm done with the knitting.

I used the Baabaajoe's woolpak in 8 ply for it. For the large I need to buy one more (darnit! I'll have like 300+ yards left), but usually  you'd only need like 2 for a medium.

It's eggplant w/teal trim.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cupKate
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2004 07:39:33 AM »

Hey everyone! I got the SnB book for Christmas (after shameless hinting) and am dying to try the wristbands. I am a little confused though. I am a beginner knitter and have never encountered the instruction to knit with 2 strands of yarn as Debbie tells us to in the book. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Also, am I supposed to use two strands of the same colour or two different ones? I need help! If you can drop me a line or send me in the direction of a good site, I will be eternally grateful!
PS: Debbie's site sent me here...I LOVE IT! I have been a craft geek ever since I could work a pair of scissors, so it feels like home here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Millie
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2004 04:14:41 PM »

PS: Debbie's site sent me here...I LOVE IT! I have been a craft geek ever since I could work a pair of scissors, so it feels like home here!

What's her site???

Millie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cupKate
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2004 06:03:28 AM »

What's her site???

Millie

www.bust.com     enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Carving a Holiday Turkey
Learn how to Plate a Romantic Dinner for Two
Learn how to Make Tzatziki Sauce for a Romantic Dinner
Learn how to Make Lamb Chops for a Romantic Dinner
Learn How to Make Sweet Potato Puree for a Romantic Dinner
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...