A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
752 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitch 'n Bitch Projects  (Read 142594 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game , debbie_stoller  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

peppermintsquare
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2004 03:34:02 PM »

I can't help to praise this book though... The patterns, the instructions, etc. I really wish this would have been published a year ago when I was first learning to knit... maybe then I would have not spent over a month trying to teach myself how to cast on  Shocked

I couldn't agree more. I paid for a knitting class a year ago because I was so frustrated trying to teach myself to knit. The class was great, but I see so many people teaching themselves with this book... I think it is wonderful.

By the way, those wrist cuffs are way cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinygoatstacker

Why can't puffins eat pancakes instead?

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2004 09:54:41 PM »

does anyone know a good online store where I can find needles, my lys' don't have the sizes I need.  I need size 15, 16" and 17, 24" , both circular. I'm about to start the cape mod poncho. If I cannot find these size needles, is there an alternative that i can use?
The Wrights company (www.wrights.com) makes interchangeable needles and cables, you just have to mix and match.  They definitely have 16" and 21" (the stitches might be a bit squished, but it would still work) Hobby lobby carries them, and probably so do Michael's, Joann Fabrics, and Walmart as well.  Drat it all, having to buy from corporations sucks mightily.  Tongue  Hopefully, someone will have a better suggestion, especially since the needles and cables tend to unscrew in the midst of knitting. But as long as you're watchful, they work nicely.
I love the Pacman wristwarmers!!!! I don't really wear warmers, but i have become a bottle & can- cozy making nut. Those are the perfect size! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bumblebees, bumblebees... tiny and small, tiny and small....
dopaminechoi
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2004 11:03:28 PM »

Hi,

I'm also knitting the cape mod poncho and had the most difficult time finding the needles.  I typed in "poncho" and "stitch 'n bitch" and found this website through someone else's knitlog:

http://www.patternworks.com/index.html

They seem to have many different types of needles for cheaper than anywhere else I know in New York City where I live.  Good luck..!

Wink
does anyone know a good online store where I can find needles, my lys' don't have the sizes I need.  I need size 15, 16" and 17, 24" , both circular. I'm about to start the cape mod poncho. If I cannot find these size needles, is there an alternative that i can use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grrl13
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2004 01:06:47 PM »

thanks for  your advice on the needle search. My michael's and joann's have carry only the 29" size 17 circ. , so i was able to get those. There's one other lys i'm going to try this week, other wise I'm going with this place http://store.nobleknits.com/cine.html it has both sizes. the patternworks site was out of stock on one size.
thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diane lynn
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2004 12:25:47 PM »

I'm working on the alien scarf....black and grey since I'm told aliens are NOT green  Cheesy  my office knows alot about this kind of stuff.... it is kind of fun to see it take shape in it's "illusion"

Diane
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigerEyes
Super Flirt! *wink*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2004 02:52:03 PM »

I'm planning to start the Coney Island Fireworks scarf but I can't find Trendsetter yarn it calls for online (note: I haven't been to my lys yet).  Does anyone know where I can get it online?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I get sh*t done!
elliela

And knitting and knitting and knitting......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2004 03:09:26 PM »

Hi there,

There are quite a few places online that sell the black multi Shadow.
I found these:
http://yarnlady.com/yarndescriptions/Trendsetter/shadow/Shadow1.htm
and
http://www.yarnware.com/Web/Yarnware/Yarnware.nsf/0/D8D256034CABB99C85256A47006AB34B?OpenDocument

I haven't personally ordered from these places, but I've heard good things about both.

BTW, I am the designer of that scarf and am always tickled to find people making it!

Have fun,
Ellen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midori
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2004 05:29:28 PM »

I'm planning to start the Coney Island Fireworks scarf but I can't find Trendsetter yarn it calls for online (note: I haven't been to my lys yet).  Does anyone know where I can get it online?

I made the scarf and was able to special order the yarn from my lys. I loved how it came out! Have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
holywhack

...trying to get it together

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2004 07:37:28 AM »

OK...I just got my SnB book...absolutely LOVE it!!  I'm VERY new to knitting, and wanted to jump right in with the under the hoodie...aprox. how long does it actually take to knit something like that?  How long did the wristbands take??  Just curious, to see if I should start them now so I can wear the hoodie for the rest of my Texas "winter" or just wait til next year...  Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft unto others, as you would have them craft unto you...
grrl13
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2004 08:34:49 AM »

holywhack,
I'm new too...snb is my  little bible. it goes everywhere with me.
the wrist cuff took me a couple hours, cuz it was my first project... but it was a cinch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Viral’s Secret Formula: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
The Lake House by Marci Nault
Warning: Do Not Open Open This Book by Matthew Forsythe
Hatfields and McCoys: A Good Feud Never Dies
Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...