A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,569
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitch 'n Bitch Projects  (Read 136874 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game , debbie_stoller  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tami
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2003 01:13:13 PM »

thank you!  i am so excited about this - this will also be my first garment!  wow! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oh.  its just me.
AnnaMarie
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2003 01:54:46 PM »

colorQ--I think I'm going to try it!!!  I can get the yarn this weekend.  How much of the wool ease did you use for it?  I'm so glad you suggested Lion brand-- the only LYS I have doesn't have any of the yarns listed in the SnB book and anyway, yours looks just as good.  I may take you up on the offer of help though!!!

Tami--let me know how yours is going too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2003 02:25:57 PM »

That's gorgeous!  Beautifully done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
joygoddess
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2003 04:38:54 PM »

I can't tell you how many times I've made that hot head hat already!!! (ok, three times, but that's not the point). I love it!!! Don't worry about the instructions saying "two hours" though, because each hat took me at least a whole day to complete. I'm working on the "ribbed for her pleasure" scarf in grey and blue stripes for my boyfriend right now, and it's soooo nice so far! These are the times I wish I had a digital camera!

---j.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
colorQ
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2003 04:53:48 PM »

Thanks, Firehead4!

AnnaMarie--I bought 6 skeins of wool ease thick n quick, and I ended up using 5, and I was knitting for the largest size. For the lion brand fun fur I used 4 skeins.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

debacle
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2003 11:51:22 AM »

I just want you guys to know that I read this  thread obsessively -- at least every day, sometimes more than once a day!-- and I  can't tell you how exciting it is to see some of the projects from my book actually getting made! really, it's totally thrilling. Everything that's getting posted here looks so good, and I love how some of you are changing things up as well.
I'm hoping that the pattern instructions are clear enough -- we had a pattern editor working on the book and so far it seems  that you have been able to make the projects turn out well. Still, if any of you find any mistakes in the patterns, please be sure to email me. And hey, if you feel like it, post a review on Amazon.com. It's been full of hatas lately: Stitch 'N Bitch: Instructions, Patterns, and Advice for a New Generation of Knitters
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003 07:09:51 PM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jules
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2003 09:50:31 PM »

AS a brand new knitter who didn't know which end of the knitting needles to hold when I first started, I can't recommend this book enough to beginners.  I have completed Cape Mod, and the felted tote --both were easy to make (The cape was the first thing I knitted after making a very basic scarf).  I am now 2/3 done w/  the "Skully"sweater --a present for my husband that he insisted I make--- I never would have had the mojo to start a sweater if I hadn't had so much success with the previous projects.  Everyone's completed projects look so good!  I hope my sweater looks half as cool as the completed one Red made!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2003 12:57:03 PM »

I'm currently knitting a scarf, as a first project. It's coming on pretty well, so I might have a look at that book when this scarf is finally done! It is purple chunky wool and has a ribbed bottom, but it isn't ribbed any more 'cos I've forgotten how to do purl  Embarrassed I'll show off my scarf when it's done, in approximately 2050
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
peppermintsquare
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2003 06:39:11 AM »

All these projects look so great! I am happy to know that the Cape Mod Poncho turned out well in Lion Brand yarn since I cannot afford that much Rowan yarn right now. Great job!

I made my sister the windy city scarf for christmas. I really love this scarf, but when I make one for myself I will knit it longer on each side. It ends up a bit too short for my taste, but it is still a great scarf. I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease for this project.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

isadora
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2003 07:46:48 AM »

I just got this book for Christmas! Yay! I've always wanted to learn how to knit and I seriously.can.not.w ait. to get started. I'm going to my LYS today to get some much-needed supplies to start knitting and (hopefully) complete my first scarf. Aww! If only I could show my grandmother. She'd be so proud. Smiley

(And I LOVE Bust! I've been a subscriber for many years.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.isadora-ink.com
Clever Gifts & Greetings
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty to Be Thankful For
The 5 Best Beauty Tools to Gift This Year
All Natural Beauty Tips Using Items Found In Your Kitchen
Plus-Size Model Stuns In Robyn Lawley Swimwear
Best Acne Treatment Products
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...