A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
762 Guests and 44 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitch 'n Bitch Projects  (Read 136767 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game , debbie_stoller  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

simone
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: November 16, 2003 08:56:13 AM »

Hey all,
So I know all you devoted knitters are mostly likely in love with the new Debbie Stoller book, "Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook," and most likely following her book tour blog (http://www.knithappens.com/), right?

Well, I thought it'd be cool to post finished projects from this most awesome book.

So, here goes:

I started out with the "Powerful Wrist Protection" cuffs.

Here they are:

I love this project because they're wicked cute and I churned one out in an hours. I didn't use the recommended yarn (Katia Mississippi) only because I thought this would be a good opportunity to use up some of my ridiculously huge yarn stash.

Then, yesterday I headed to a new-ish yarn store in Arlington, MA (http://www.knitroomboston.com/) and picked up the supplies for the "Coney Island Fireworks Scarf."

Here's the scarf:

And, here's a close-up:

Since it's knit up on #15's, it went super fast (~2-3 hours). I know I should be knitting holidays gifts for people. . . but I just might have to hold onto this one for myself!

Does anyone else have finished projects from "Stitch 'n Bitch?" Please post 'em!

--Simone

THIS ROCKS   Logged

*chickadeesimone.livejournal.com* www.chick-a-dee.com * www.bazaarbizaare.o rg * www.magpie-store.com*
creatingme
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003 05:44:32 PM »

I made these for my 13 year old cousin.  I hope she likes them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plainmabel
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003 09:54:47 AM »

I'm working on the Hot Head hat for my bf.  But I guess I'm the slowest knitter in the history of time b/c it says "in just two hours."  In about 2 hours, I've only got maybe 2 inches done!  I hope I get faster...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Plain Mabel :: Extraordinary Gifts and Accessories
Awful Cufflinks :: Everyday stuff, just better.
creatingme
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003 01:42:48 PM »

Hey I made the hot head hat but in pastels.  I made the small but it's too big for my head so it will be someone's christmas present.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
actionallison
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003 10:31:38 AM »

I have finished the Keyhole Scarf for myself and the Hot Head hat for my boyfriend.

I followed the instructions for the scarf exactly, but I modified the hat a bit. He's wearing it now, but I will post pictures when he (and it) gets home.    Cheesy

Allison

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chrissie
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003 01:56:40 PM »

Thos are all ADORABLE! I'm not much for sewing (not quite yet, at least  Undecided), but I see girls everyday at the mall paying $6-$8 a piece for them! Sheesh! But yes, those turned out very nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plainmabel
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003 03:45:39 PM »

Allison -- what modifications did you make to the Hot Head hat?  Like, was the pattern a little off, or something?  Just curious since I'm about halfway through it now.  (I'm not using the color pattern, just the same yarn throughout.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Plain Mabel :: Extraordinary Gifts and Accessories
Awful Cufflinks :: Everyday stuff, just better.
actionallison
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003 05:21:53 PM »

Mabel--
I used size 13 16in circular needles instead of the recommended 10 1/2 straights.

In addition, I used a different brand of yarn: Nova Super Chunky by Sirdar- 50% Wool and 50% Acrylic.

I cast on the 64 sts. for the large size, and I had him try it on periodically until he was happy with the length. I'm sure it was a combination of the larger needles and the thicker yarn, but I only needed to knit 26 rows before I started to dec. and close it off. That was actually less than the amount for the small hat.

I'm glad I did the measurements that way, because it sounds like Creatingme followed the exact directions and found the hat to be too big.

Finally, I used different colors. But that dosen't really matter.  :>

« Last Edit: November 21, 2003 03:46:18 PM by actionallison » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Starbelly
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2003 07:40:17 AM »

I made these for my 13 year old cousin.  I hope she likes them.

They're so cool. I wish I was your cousin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CinnaOfDoom
Future Domestic Goddess

obsessed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2003 09:54:20 AM »

Where did you get the chart for the skullies? I've already made one wrist band (blundered horridly, but no one else seems to notice), started the hot head hat, and tagged many of the projects in stitch and bitch for future knitting projects...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting my way into the heart of a generation.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Summer Flower Arrangement
How to Make a Gift Bouquet Of Flowers
How to Make an Origami Bird Base
How to Knit the Rib Stitch
How to Cast Off in Knitting
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...