A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sherlock Holmes Swap Gallery  (Read 3091 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2005 10:28:55 AM »

I know that one person has recieved so start posting pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brena80

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005 07:41:42 PM »

J-me has recieved and asked me to post a pic of what I sent her.  I sent a knitted and a sewen purse.  

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 09:25:33 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

j-me
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005 09:12:53 PM »

J-me has recieved and asked me to post a pic of what I sent her.  I sent a knitted and a sewen purse.   

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/22724sent.jpg

I love them both!  I am totally inept at sewing and have never tried knitting, so it was nice getting some things I couldn't make myself.  The knitted purse has the cutest flowery retro-looking lining too. Thanks again brena80!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 09:25:56 AM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged

onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005 01:19:10 PM »

Yay, yay, YAY! I have received my package from The Littlest Ninja. Thanks SO much, Stephanie!! I love everything! I'm at work now, but I'll take pictures and post later.

It's hard to pick a favorite item, but that recipe box is great -- just what I needed! Perfect in the crazy tomato kitchen (I'll have to post an "action shot" at some point...)

Thanks again -- this was so much fun!

*Edit*
Okay... I can't resist. Takin' a break from work to take and post my photos! (Sorry the quality isn't so great -- if you've got better ones, Stephanie, you can post 'em)

I got this awesome tomato recipe card holder and fantastic tomato marble magnets (yes, I love tomatoes -- I have an entirely tomato-themed kitchen!):

And I got this terrific Paris-themed (I like a theme!) earring holder with extra goodies!! The extra goodies are some extra Paris craftiness (including an awesome Eiffel Tower charm!), a great little animal-print notebook (growr!), and... forgive me, Stephanie -- what is the final item of craftiness? It's long and fabric and silky and animally... I've got it tied around my head right now in the cutest headband/bow, but if I'm supposed to be doing something else with it, please let me know!

Again, thanks so much for my stuff! This was super fun.

Now I hope my swappee likes her stuff...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 09:25:11 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005 03:32:13 PM »

Heehee, I'm so glad you like everything, kaesea!  I'm also glad the earring holder appears to have made it through the mail unscathed.  I packaged the heck out of it so it would survive.  And yes, the long, fabric, silky, animal thingie does indeed go around your head   Grin  BUT, if you think of a better use, that's okay too, i kinda make those so they can go anywhere (head, neck, wrist, purse, etc.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
Rype

i want you to know, i'm a rainbow too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005 07:32:36 AM »

I keep meaning to post here.  I got my package from Spicey Creations and it was awesome!

She sent me: a hat pin
a very pretty necklace
wedding wine charms
and an awesome red goddess book mark

I am having my vows renewed and having a huge party in 3 days and can barely remember to wash my hair in the shower.  So Spicey if you have pics feel free to post them, or just wait.  Because I will get around to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BurghGirl
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005 10:21:24 AM »

Gasp!  I feel like an underachiever with what I made!  Sigh.
That earring holder is too cute for words!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BurghGirl
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005 10:55:42 AM »

I am the luckiest gal!  I got the coolest jewelry from dsgnbyrj and I LOVE it!
Two bracelets that look like yummy rock candy only they're not...one in blues and one in reds.  And awesome "cherry blossom" earrings which I'm wearing right now at work Smiley
I'm camera-less at the moment since it's been lent out to a friend but I promise to post pictures really soon!  (unless you took some and post em before I do)
Thank you thank you thank you - it's all awesome!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005 08:54:12 PM »

Yeah!   Cheesy I'm so glad you received and like the jewelry!  I do have photos so here we go:

The 2 Rock Candy bracelets:

And the Cherry Blossom earrings:

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 09:25:18 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.com - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.blogspot.com
DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005 09:02:38 PM »

Me again with more photos!  Wee!

I received the most AWESOME box of goodies from kaesea today - she totally spoiled me!  Cheesy

I received a fabulous western inspired purse - it's got a denim feel on the outside and a red bandana feel on the inside, with a sassy little bandana tied on the strap:

AND THEN! She made me a whole assortment of buttons and magents!  They were all inside this super cute decorated box (I love trinket boxes) and are grouped together on little labeled cards - OMG!  There's a Chrsitmas set (because I LOVE Christmas), a "me" set with fabulous images like a Canadian flag and an "I heart Muskoka" pin - and where did you dig up that I love goldfish? *lol*  And a set of decorative pins (I love them all!)  AND THAT's NOT ALL!!!  She also included a decorated altoid tin (my first and now I "get" why these are so popular!) containing a set of girly magnets for my magnet board - one of which is my avatar!

I did take a few pin close-ups but my camera and I were just not on the same wavelength tonight.

I do have to say though, that as much as I love all the crafty goods my favorite item was the lovely letter she included telling me why she made the things she did - it was so sweet!  

THANK YOU SO MUCH KAESEA!!!! Smiley

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 09:24:24 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

brena80

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005 09:06:30 PM »

Wow!   Awesome stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005 06:09:35 AM »

I totally want to eat those bracelets!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onetomatotwo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005 08:58:50 AM »

Whew! I'm so glad you liked everything! This is my first swap, so I was totally nervous. And since you're in Canada, the wait for you to get your stuff has felt *endless* (even though it was only a week).

The goldfish tidbit was on your blog -- you were tagged and answered questions about your favorite stuff. Ha ha! I really *am* Sherlock Holmes!! Yay!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
BurghGirl
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005 10:27:42 AM »

Oh good!  Thanks for posting those! 
I'm wearing my blue bracelet today!  Yum!
AND you're so awesome because I didn't know my wrist size and they both fit perfectly.  You rock.

Brena I'm worried about yours!  Is it close to delivery?  (nail biting)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brena80

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005 10:53:25 AM »

I'm not sure!   They never update those things... but I wouldn't be too worried about it!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brena80

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005 03:10:45 PM »

Oh, post office, why must you cause me so much grief...

But I got it!   Hooray!   And it's lovely!   Thank you BurghGirl!

Here's the pic:

I got a really cute picture frame in my favorite colors, purple and pink.   A super cute Hello Kitty keychain and a Wonder Woman votive holder!   Hooray!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 09:26:19 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BurghGirl
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2005 07:29:25 AM »

Oh good!  I was so worried!  The post office makes me nervous.
That was my first ever attempt at etching glass and if it had gotten lost, I'd have cried Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brena80

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2005 10:10:11 AM »

That's your first try at etching?    Shocked  It's really good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onetomatotwo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2005 10:52:59 AM »

Hey -- I want to see it! Do either or you have a closer up pic to share? It's hard to get a good look at it in the photo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2005 12:00:09 PM »

Me too!  I wanna see a close-up!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brena80

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2005 06:07:22 PM »

By popular demand!

Grin   I love it!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 09:24:06 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

onetomatotwo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2005 09:06:02 PM »

Me too! It's sooo great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BurghGirl
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2005 06:05:32 AM »

Thanks!  Now I'm all proud of myself  Grin
I'm now a glass-etching maniac.  All my mirrors are quivering in fear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2005 09:39:42 AM »

That is so cute!  I must make some! *lol*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

j-me
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005 08:44:39 PM »

Ok, I'm finally getting around to posting pics of the items I sent to Spicey.  She has been out of town and asked me to post them.  I made her a mini scrapbook/photo album with her favorite color combo, purple and black.  Plus a couple of cards and some buttons.  My pictures aren't very good, but the far left button is an "L" (her first intial) and one next to it is a sleeping cat inspired by a picture of her cat on her blog.

Spicey, I hope you like everything!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 09:24:41 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

brena80

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005 09:07:57 PM »

Cute cards!   And cute buttons... actually CUTE EVERYTHING.   Love that journal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

j-me
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2005 09:21:29 PM »

Cute cards!   And cute buttons... actually CUTE EVERYTHING.   Love that journal.

Thanks!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlwonder
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005 11:35:19 AM »

wow...this stuff is great...think there will be a round 2?? It's such a fabuous idea and sure makes you think about the other person to have to research them and dig up lotsa information...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie Girlwonder

"A vagabond, when rich, is called a tourist." -unknown

"To be somebody, a woman does not have to be more like a man, but has to be more of a woman." Sally E. Shaywitz, neuroscientist
brena80

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005 12:10:43 PM »

I haven't been planning a round 2.   I have to stop swapping for awhile while I prepare for Christmas.   Anyone who wants to start a second round has my blessing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2005 09:38:37 PM »

OK, I got the greatest picture frame in the world from brashbroad!  It's definately going to hold a picture of me and the boyfriend panicking!!

It's a little blurry, but it says "Don't Panic" and has the HHG2G guy in the top right corner.  And inside the frame are super cute tags (shrinky dink?) that have my kitties' names on them.  I was going to put them on their collars...but I might make myself something with them instead!   Grin  I also got some great pink stationery and some strange twirly butterfly things that you wind up, put in cards, and when you open the card, they fly out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brashbroad
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2005 09:49:34 PM »

I guess I'll give up on this one.

I have such crap luck with swaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brena80

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2005 07:57:56 AM »

Oh no!   Don't give up!   I'm making your second item right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EmmeYa
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2005 09:34:06 PM »

Ooooh this was the best swap ever! I've never done one - I hope someone starts it up again after the holidays, I totally want to do it. (And I have a whole month off from school to craft! Think of all I can do just working a f/t job and no classes!!)  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Production Studio - Masking Out an Area and Using Pathfinder to Crop
Adobe Production Studio - Creating a Background for the Bug
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Access and Purge Cache Files
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Copy and Paste Camera Raw Settings
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Crop a Group of Images
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...