A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,272
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Movin' Back to Raleigh....  (Read 1219 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katiekat82

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2004 07:53:18 AM »

I'm "from" Raleigh,  but I've been away at school for 3 years and am moving back this summer... So, I basically know no one that lives in Raleigh anymore (apart from a few entirely TOO rocka-silly people)-- Anyone know of good places to meet cool people (college age, but I think most of us on here probably are...).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dolly Parton is my spiritual leader, and Clint Eastwood is my sewing buddy.
carrievision

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004 04:19:40 PM »

I've lived here for less than a year, and most of the people I know here are from my or my boyfriend's jobs. Smiley  Buut, I did take a watercolor at the Durham arts council (http://www.durhamarts.org) last year, which was interesting, and they also offer swing dancing at the YWCA.  Both of those were a mix of ages (majority over 40 year olds).  I'm not really aware of anything like that that is exclusively for college age/20-somethings.  

You can always hit the bars. Smiley  I think that goes beyond crafty discussion though!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004 04:20:25 PM by carrievision » THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiekat82

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004 12:02:43 PM »

Haha, yeh. I guess I was more wondering if there were any specific hang outs people on here went to or knew of---   I'm not much of a drinker so bars are out, and... my parents are 40 somethings, so that gets a bit awkward, haha. My sister took classes at the Arts Council when she was little. I'm going to try to get into a sewing class but it depends on my work schedule- have to get a job first. I guess it'll be me and a book most days I'm not down here visiting the old man. Ah well. ^.^ I can always play dress up, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dolly Parton is my spiritual leader, and Clint Eastwood is my sewing buddy.
carrievision

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004 06:00:44 PM »

Actually, now that I think of it, Cup a Joe (2 locations near NC State) usually has a good amount of young people hanging out.  I'm not sure if it dies down in the summer though.  
I'm thinking about taking one of those crafty-type classes at Michael's, but I'm sure the classes are inundated with Soccer Moms!  I found a class at Scrapbook plaza for 20-somethings (http://www.scrapbookplaza.com/workshopdescriptions.htm#20%20Somethings)  but I don't see it on the calendar.  If I see it come up, I'll post again. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melikeketchup
lover of all things fabulous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004 02:30:35 PM »

well, i'm not a 20-something (..more like a.. uh.. 16.  haha.) but i know that there's always a lot of college aged kids on hillsborough street.  pretty much a lot of stuff there is real close to the nc state campus, and a lot of them walk a lot.  there's a really neat vintage clothes store across the street from the blue flame tatoo place.. and if you don't know where that is, it's under the BIG YELLOW TRACTOR billboard.  haha!  and if you haven't experienced it yet, go to Gumby's pizza.  it's the best!

also, there's a book store (Nice Price Bookstore) and it's really great.  i get all my records there for my bowls and clocks (i haven't found anywhere else with reasonably priced records.. and ones that are colored.)

anywho - hope i helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cannoli Chips and Dip Dessert
Black Forest Cupcake Recipe
Cinnamon-Sugar Fried Pitas
Mee‘S Black Bean Brownie Recipe
4 Adorable Easter Treats Starring Peeps
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...