A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,109
Currently Running With Scissors:
788 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: monmouth county, n.j. thrift stores  (Read 18013 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rubyzane
« on: April 26, 2004 06:57:38 AM »

Hi all,

I have recently moved to Holmdel New Jersey (near Hazlet , Keyport, Garden State Parkway Exit 117  in Monmouth County), and have yet to find any good cheap (!!!) thrift stores.  COuld anyone help me locate any ?  I would greatly appreciate.

Much thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004 02:47:02 PM »

Hey, I have some great places for you! Red Bank is an awesome place... and there are many thrift/craft stores. Here's my little list:
*The Nearly New Shop-Monmouth Street. AHHHHH. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! I bought a skirt and a necklace for $5.00 the other day. The lady that works there is really nice. She always compliments your purchases and tells you how great you look in certain things. They are closed on Sundays, as I found out the hard way.
*The Arch of Monmouth-Monmouth Street. This place has a lot of clothes, but also books, trinkets, and dishwhere. It's not my favorite, but I have gotten some things there.
*Backward Glances-Broad Street. This place isn't really a thirft store, per say, but it has vintage clothing and cool accessories.

Craft Places:
*Red Bank Bead Company-Wallace Street (they moved in July '05). This place is a GREAT beading store! You don't even have to know anything about putting the piece together... they help you every step of the way. They also have really reasonable prices.
*A Time to Kiln- Pottery/Mosaic/Teddy Bear/ way too many things in one store-Broad St. I think this place is expensive and overrated, but I made nice gifts there.

edited to fix an adress
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005 06:42:30 AM by candycanechild » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Princess Kitti
The one and only says:

To hell with you and all your friends...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004 04:01:19 PM »

You'll want to check out Red Bank. I live near there. There are GREAT second-hand stores there.
Also, I have a friend who's got access to Fort Monmouth. If you can get on base, their thrift shop is SO CHEAP!!!! They've got A LOT of great stuff. They sell records for a QUARTER!!! I thought I was going to die.

Goodness gracious! Monmouth county crafters? Shoot me now.
 Im over in Rumson...
  Yeah deffiantly check out Red Bank, one of my fav's is Monarch...woot.
 And in fair haven theres The Attic, which is a little more high end trift...I bought a 125 dollar coach bag...normally 350!
And theres some cute little indie shops in fair haven too.
 Hmm... Try the Calico Cat too...Love that place.
   Ooh and the Monmouth County SPCA has killer thrift, its tiny, but cheap vinyls and a whole section for awesome vintage jewlery! (go on saturdays and all jewlery is 10 cents or lower  Grin)

-K
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004 04:03:14 PM by Princess Kitti » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the one and only has spoken.
deathlessdani
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005 12:55:21 PM »

i have a VERY large list, although most are not in monmouth.
there is a salvation army in redbank, im not sure where, and one on main street in asbury park.
2 consignment shops on rt 9 in howell
and heres my trenton list (jackpot)
Trenton salvation army
   1842 South Broad Street
   Trenton, New Jersey  08610
   Cross streets: S. Broad & Lilly Street
   Phone: 609-695-4164
   Hours: Mon - Fri 9:30 - 5:45, Sat 9:00-5:00
   Store no.: 3505

Trenton salvation army
   436 Mulberry Street
   Trenton, New Jersey  08638
   Cross streets: Mulberry Street & New York Avenue
   Phone: 609-599-9803
   Hours: Mon - Sat. 9:00 to 6:00
   Store no.: 3501
Trenton  salvation army
   15 State Highway 33
   Trenton, New Jersey  08619
   Cross streets: Hwy 33 & Winslow Avenue
   Phone: 609-890-9664
   Hours: Mon - Sat 10:00 to 6:00
   Store no.: 3503

Asbury Park salvation army
   821 Main Street
   Asbury Park, New Jersey  07712
   Cross streets: Main Street & 1st Avenue
   Phone: 732-775-8633
   Hours: Mon - Sat. 8:00 to 4:30
   Store no.: 3502

Store Name   Allan & Suzi
Address   711 Cookman Avenue   
    Asbury Park NJ 07712 USA    
Distance   Approx. 11 Miles   

goodwill   
594 RT 206
  Trenton,NJ 08620
  (609) 291-0099
goodwill
Ewing, 1628 N. Olden Ave., 609/392-2865

and i must say...somewhere along rt 33 headed westbound (on the way!! to trenton) there is a RED WHITE AND BLUE
best thrift store of all time. it is enourmous.

so do youself a favor, get a few friends and 40 bucks and take the trip, youll come back with a new wardrobe. seriously.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frozen_peas
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005 07:00:21 PM »

[long time lurker, first time poster]

Goodness gracious! Monmouth county crafters? Shoot me now.

Yep. Grin I live right around there, about 5 minutes from. Been in Backward Glances, but I don't love it. I got my halloween costume there last year.   Cheesy There's also a thrift store on King's Highway- not exactly sure where...
There's one off Sandy Hook right before you go in, St. Jude's Thrift Shop. That's a nice one, two floors. Bit of a drive from where I live (not that I drive heehee).

Edit: I don't know how much you frown on double posts here, so I thought I'd play it safe and just add to this post:
On candycanechild's reccomendation (and since I was in Red Bank anyway) I checked out Nearly New- that place is the most up to date and chic thrift shop I've ever been in. The woman there is really nice, like you said. I found a beautiful gypsy/broomstick skirt for $25, a little expensive for thrift, but it was never worn and retailed (I sound like a comercial) like $175 at Barney's NY. I think I'll have to take the waist in a little, but with all the gathering in it anyway I don't think you'll be able to tell.
Anyway, thanks for the reccomendation- I'll be going back.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005 05:03:43 PM by frozen_peas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MMMmmm... summer.
MyEvilTwln
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005 10:21:39 PM »

Hi all,

I have recently moved to Holmdel New Jersey (near Hazlet , Keyport, Garden State Parkway Exit 117  in Monmouth County), and have yet to find any good cheap (!!!) thrift stores.  COuld anyone help me locate any ?  I would greatly appreciate.

Much thanks!

Hey, there is a great little ARC of Monmouth thrift store on Main Street in Matawan, NJ- right off of Route 34. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
right as pie
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005 04:40:11 PM »

HELP please! i too am looking for cheap thrifty stores, but in the franklin/somerset/manville area of the reat state of nj.

((and could someone explain how to post on my own? im pc savvy and can read websites normally; but i seem to be in a funk and just cant figure this out  Huh Undecided))
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frozen_peas
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005 07:27:10 PM »

seems like you are posting on your own to me...

Huh

Craftster works like a standard forum- sign up, click on thread, click post. Unless I'm not understanding your problem, that's pretty much it. Maybe you could explain further what you mean... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MMMmmm... summer.
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006 06:17:13 PM »

I have a national directory of charity thrift shops that I hope you'll find useful.

http://www.TheThriftShopper.Com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShoppe r.Com for your shopping convenience.
kaykayelle
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007 08:17:33 PM »

Hey, there is a great little ARC of Monmouth thrift store on Main Street in Matawan, NJ- right off of Route 34. 
This is the oldest post ever, but where exactly is this place? I went looking and got totally lost in Matawan, almost ended up on the Parkway (scary!!). Coming from 34 on Main Street, what side of the road is it on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stop the 7 Signs of Aging Hair
Need A New Look? The Hottest Wigs For You
Beyonce’s Hair Colorist on How to Dye Your Hair at Home
Woman Got First Gray Hair, First Period In Same Week
Woman Explains Why She Embraced Her Gray Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...