A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Strawberry Shortcake Costume... PLEASE HELP  (Read 7430 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

irishride23
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005 01:23:36 PM »

hey im thinkin about strawberry shortcake for halloween too....thses posts helped thnx guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

to be saved costs us nothing, to be a disciple costs us everything.
mai
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005 08:50:30 PM »

Which ones are sold out at SockDreams? Their site says both the opaque stocking kind and the more sock-like kind are still available. Hunt around on their site; they've tons of variety of striped socks.

ohhh! thanks Cheesy duh me. i was only paying attention to the m strips ones.  since the opaque stockings listed on the site are exactly the same ones as i was hoping to get my hands on from another site, i think i'll just order from sockdreams, b/c it's cheaper Smiley thanks again! *does happy dance*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artgeek
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2005 08:14:28 AM »

Glad to help, mai!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recently completed:  a set of Ani Difranco kitchen towels  |   Currently taking up my craft desk:  massive reorganization of my stuff
mai
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2005 06:08:16 PM »

sorry, but i have another question Smiley im trying to find a muffin hat pattern, but the only one i found was this one. but im kind of skeptical... thing this one will be just fine? i'd like my hat to be really 'poofy'. or does anybody have a better suggestion? thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artgeek
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2005 07:07:57 PM »

Ha, I'm using that same pattern, mai! I also wrote to Dawn and sent her a picture of the hat I was going for, and she assured me I was on the right track.

I modified her pattern in the following ways:

- added a red band about 1.25" wide inbetween the brim and poofy part
- I cut the brim as in Dawn's tutorial, then cut it again so it wasn't a complete circle, but more like the doll (I used this image as my basis). I think this part is easier to show than try to talk you through:

- Finally, Dawn said I'd need to make the poofy part larger to get the effect I wanted. Her large circle is approximately 16", and I made mine about 18" and it's still not large enough. So, go big to get a good amount of poof. If you think it would help, I'd gladly post a pic of my final hat.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005 07:30:50 AM by artgeek » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recently completed:  a set of Ani Difranco kitchen towels  |   Currently taking up my craft desk:  massive reorganization of my stuff
mai
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2005 09:12:43 PM »

you are the most awesomest!! i'd love to see your completed hat Cheesy  now what would i do without you!?

*runs off to figure out the hat*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artgeek
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2005 07:20:14 AM »

Sorry it took me so long to get back, mai. Having any luck?

Here's two imges of my hat; the first one shows off the poof and the second is a better shot of how I modified the brim. If I had time or inclination to redo it, I'd make the trim smaller, by about half and add more fabric for the poof.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mai
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2005 07:45:19 PM »

your hat is adorable. thanks for posting it  Smiley i havnt even started making mine yet.. *cries* been busy with school. i should really start tonight or tomorrow, b/c i'll have to wear it friday night!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artgeek
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005 10:17:53 PM »

I've had all the sewing done for days, if not more than a week, but just finished the embellishments on my apron and had to post them somewhere; I'm so proud at how they really make the apron sooo much cooler:

Lower part of apron:

Detail of one of the felt embellishments:

This was really my first time working with felt, and I had a lot of fun once I got over some initial frustrations (like not being able to stitch through the fabric glue, whoops!).

My party's Saturday night, so I'll post my whole ensemble in the Halloween 2005 thread early next week. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mai
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2005 01:46:38 PM »

aww. thats too cute! i was going to do something like that on the bottom of my apron too, but oh well.. the hat took more time then i though  Tongue id post a picture of my lovely hat but my batteries on my camera died! grrrr..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Rotate
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Modeling Interference Checking
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Thicken Surface
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Sweep a Profile on a 3D Edge
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Convert to Solid
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...