A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,580
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Strawberry Shortcake Costume... PLEASE HELP  (Read 6621 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkcottoncandy
« on: September 12, 2005 05:57:28 PM »

I want to be strawberry shortcake for halloween, and I have even found the costume. The only down part is, I don't really have $65 to spend on it (not inculding shoe and other accessories pricing)... does anyone have any creative ideas for a strawberry shortcake costume, or how to recreat the adult costume that they sell online? Please Help, thank you.
http://store1.yimg.com/I/pinupgirlclothing_1859_47817563
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011 08:02:20 AM by jungrrl - Reason: please do not hotlink images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BettyThreat
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005 06:09:52 PM »

Not that you have the bux for this one either..but maybe you could use it as inspiration as well.  No ideas though. I suspect making this one would be costly too.  Maybe if you could find a red dress on sale, you could add the details.
http://www.skimpyoutfits.com/cgi-bin/item/LAC83115
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOve -Betty
slackferno
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005 08:31:59 PM »

Do you sew?  There can't be more than three yards of fabric in that costume.  Pick up some pink gingham and Simplicity pattern #8851, and a few hours of quality time with your sewing machine later...you're set!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kd
Ta Da, It's Miss America!

If you can't convince them, confuse them.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005 09:17:32 PM »

I think that pattern is definatly your best bet.  Look for muffin hat directions on the web for the hat.  There's dozens out there.  If you have any ?'s i'd be happy to help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is no such thing as a stay-at-home mom.
pinkcottoncandy
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005 11:49:10 PM »

You guys are awesome, thanks so much  Grin

Does anyone know how to make socks for the costume?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chrissydot
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005 12:20:47 AM »

well knitting thigh highs would be quite a feat...... i would recommend buying some you can get some here
http://www.sock-dreams.com/_shop/pages/socks_detail_ProductID_170.php
for not too much.

i'm actually making a halloween costume like this too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mableheartscharlie
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005 04:26:05 AM »

share my secrets with you *grumble grumble* *sigh* but it is the craftster way... well i'm being slutty strawberry shortcake this year as well and i got my  costume from trashy.com here is a direct link http://shop.trashy.com/index.php?s=product&set_id=5407

it's currently sold out but you can email them to see if you can get it it for halloween it's 21$ cheaper then the site you were looking at and all accessories are included (excluding shoes and undies)... and i dunno where you live but i have never found pink ginham fabric anywhere!!! especially not the stretchy kind that is costume uses... so i think this might be you best bet... maybe i dunno.... up to you but if you are still making it and you have any questions about the costume i will totally let you know (but know if you ask 'is that a half loop top stitching on the hem?' i will have no clue i'm still new! haha)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm one crafty bitch.
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005 05:15:04 AM »

Do you sew?  There can't be more than three yards of fabric in that costume.  Pick up some pink gingham and Simplicity pattern #8851, and a few hours of quality time with your sewing machine later...you're set!

This is totally doable!  I didn't have too much trouble with it and my sewing skills are mediocre at best.  One year, I made the french maid costume for halloween and bought a feather duster to complete the outfit.  Word of caution, the skirt turned out scandalously short...or did I mess up? Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005 11:43:27 AM »

There's another Simplicity pattern very much like that only with a long skirt that also has a muffin hat.  I used it for my Liitle Bo Peep costume two years ago.  (When you're trick or treating with your 1 year old, you can't really be slutty bo peep.)  It's pattern number 5375. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
pinkcottoncandy
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005 12:58:36 PM »

share my secrets with you *grumble grumble* *sigh* but it is the craftster way... well i'm being slutty strawberry shortcake this year as well and i got my  costume from trashy.com here is a direct link http://shop.trashy.com/index.php?s=product&set_id=5407

it's currently sold out but you can email them to see if you can get it it for halloween it's 21$ cheaper then the site you were looking at and all accessories are included (excluding shoes and undies)... and i dunno where you live but i have never found pink ginham fabric anywhere!!! especially not the stretchy kind that is costume uses... so i think this might be you best bet... maybe i dunno.... up to you but if you are still making it and you have any questions about the costume i will totally let you know (but know if you ask 'is that a half loop top stitching on the hem?' i will have no clue i'm still new! haha)

is it really that short in the back?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Red Carpet Ready Hair
Unique Parting Tips
Onesta Beautiful Hair Foam Review
How to Create Beach Curl Waves
How to Create a Unique Braid and Messy Bun
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...