A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: san antonio  (Read 4709 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shobhana
« on: November 15, 2003 07:51:38 AM »

i'm having an extended stay in san antonio (a few months) and i'm wondering if there are any crafternoon or stitch n bitch type happenings? if not, i'd certainly be interested in starting one. any takers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlScoutRiot

Please don't eat the government cheese...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003 02:56:42 PM »

I'm with you! Whereabouts are you staying in the city/ what crafts are you interested in? If you haven't done so already, check out the Blue Star Arts Complex. Very cool. And! this weekend is the Christmas craft fair at the Freeman Coliseum. I so want to go... It's only 6$ and it's supposed to be huge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie...
GirlScoutRiot

Please don't eat the government cheese...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003 03:00:18 PM »

Oh! Just thought of something else- Scrapbook Heaven on Blanco has TONS of great crops and classes. If you're into scrapbooking, that is. If not, check it out anyway, they have tons of great stuff for cardmaking, stamping, so on and so forth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie...
shobhana
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003 09:02:48 AM »

i'm staying in n.e. san antonio. not that i have much of an idea of where that is in relation to anything else. haven't checked out blue star yet, but i plan to. the xmas crafts fair sounds interesting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Speelunker

Bring back the Spee-lunker Cave!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003 07:26:49 AM »

I grew up in the SA vicinity, and my parents are still there. I'll have to check out scrapbook Heaven when I'm there next time!

SA has some of my favorite thrifting in the state, especially on the South side where it's less picked over. Pull out a phone book and a map and just go find some of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rabbit
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004 08:45:43 PM »

Next week there is apparently a meet up for International Knitter's Day.  Check out the site at http://knitting.meetup.com/
I would like to see something for the NE side of San Antonio, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rabbit
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004 11:34:19 AM »

If anyone wants to get together for knitting near the NE side of San Antonio, I'm game.  Just got the Stitch and Bitch book and love it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teryllynn1

WHY am I a Llama?????

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004 10:55:39 AM »

There is a San ANtonio Sn'B on the yahoo boards - they meet once a week - check it out.  Also if you are looking for general artsy stuff, SouthTown is your best best - lots of art and unique stores
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005 11:52:35 PM »

Is anyone on Craftster in the SA SnB? I want to join but I'm a little shy.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
ladymare

Do Your Ears Hang Low?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005 09:30:43 PM »

North East San Antonio BORN AND RAISED!!! There aren't any "original" crafty things over here i've heard of. There are a few great scrapbook stores, i.e. scrapbook obsession. It has crop nights and classes and stuff...

otherwise you have the hobby lobby's, michaels, joanne, and hancock fabric places. We do have a very nice selection of thrifty stores. 3 or 4 goodwill's and a thrift town.(thrift town has really increased their prices though  Angry )

In november time we have a few high schools and such that put on craft shows (i.e. James Madison, C/O '03!!) and the above mentioned one at freeman (if its still at freeman i dunno).

I know this is a very old topic but i figured i'd post for future readers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Upcycled CD Disco Ball & Jewelry - Do It, Gurl
How to Beautifully Wrap a Bottle of Wine
How to Create a Fall Wreath in Under 30 Minutes
How to Make Homemade Bows
Pat Mitchell: Policy Comes from the Top
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...