A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet another 'boyfriends birthday' thread.  (Read 710 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ness_71
« on: September 12, 2005 11:58:51 AM »

Ok, sorry if these threads get monotonous but I've searched and read and nothings really sparked my interest so far. The deal is he's turning 22 and he's a mechanic so he's mainly into cars... especially his oldschool Toyota Celica. He also likes tools, his tool box, Snap-on, anything of that nature. He's also into building models and cool model cases. He also really likes motocross/ dirtbikes/ and Fox (or anything with the logo).  He's not really into music or cartoons or anything. We just moved into a new house so maybe something for his room? I don't have a lot of money so I want to be able to save some to take him for dinner. My crafting skills are pretty basic. I can use a sewing machine but I can't really 'sew.' I've tried knitting and crocheting and I'd rather not have to go there :p
Any suggestions are appreciated guys. Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
laraebay
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005 04:25:24 PM »

<removed>
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007 09:41:52 PM by laraebay » THIS ROCKS   Logged
guinness guzzler
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005 06:20:13 AM »

my ex was a mechanic and i had a similarly hard time coming up with a suitable gift. Eventually i went down the box of lovely things route including some chocolate cars, personalised key ring and a stencilled t-shirt (don't be afraid of the stencil- so quick, so easy, so proffesional looking, so many tutorials on this site, so many design opportunities, so why don't you do it!) Also included naughty things (i leave this to your imagination) which went down well and the cliched voucher route- 'i will watch the grand prix without complaining etc etc'
good luck- coming from one who knows- you'll need it...
(sorry, i'm sure you're mechanic is nicer than mine)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kewlchik
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005 07:10:58 AM »

I was married to a mechanic, so I feel your pain. Wink But the present I made him that he liked the best was I painted an old tool box for him with cartoony type dragsters on it.( think Rat-Fink, etc.) This became his prized possession, and he still has it on display in his garage.All it cost me was time because it was an old tool box he had forever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliel85
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Serial Crafter

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005 07:42:27 AM »

Hey, I have an old-school celica!  I'm no mechanic though...:-P

Well, I really like the idea of painting an old toolbox...maybe you could do one with a car theme?  I don't really have any other ideas (I constantly have boyfriend gift problems) but I wish you luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ness_71
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005 10:54:25 AM »

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all your ideas.
I'm kind of stupid and left it to the last minute and just flaked out and bought him a sweater. Kind of boring and expensive but I know he'll like it and he deserves it.
I can still use these ideas for x-mas though! I really like the painting a toolbox idea.. I wouldn't dare paint his good one, but he has enough I'm sure I could use one. I alsolike the logo collage idea.. I might still do that or something similar. I also thought about rasterbating a pic of his car.. either the whole car or a little part, like the wheel for a more art feel.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
Breakfast Pizza with Hash Brown Crust Recipe
Herb Seasoned Chicken Crunch Recipe
Bob Evans Sausage and Potato Skillet Breakfast Recipe
Square Deal Hamburger Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...