A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
837 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Country Doesn't Have That 2 (SIGNUPS 9/10-9/17; MAIL BY 10/15)  (Read 5566 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheEverFalling

Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2005 09:12:14 PM »

Swap name: "My Country Doesn't Have That 2"
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TheEverFalling
Sign-up date range: 9/10-9/14
Date to send item by: 10/15

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 22, with no more than 9 USA people! Please, No more USA-ers!

Non-U.S. participants allowed? indeed!

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All Ages

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:
Because each country is unique, we're sending partners from other countries a few (at least 2) items that the other country doesn't have. There will be a PM checkpoint from September 30-Oct 2.  Sometime in there, you have to PM me with your progress to decrease the likelihood of flakers.  Please do not send your package before these dates unless both partners let me know!  If you're not around during those days, please just let me know beforehand.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?

What country are you from?
Is there something in particular you would like, ie koolaid, ritter sports, etc.?
Do you collect anything? (games, playing cards, statues etc)
What are your top 5 things you like (could be food stuff like chocolate, or could be nudie mags, whatever)
Are there any countries you would really like to trade with and why (no guarantee)?
In general, what do you think you have that your partner would like (ie. nifty bag, interesting candy, etc.)?
Anything else about yourself or interests?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

This swap is first come, first serve.. so if the people fill in the spaces before the signups end, we'll post info then! If you have any questions, please PM me.

Partners
Geeyouknit <-------> Decibel
Lucertola <-------> Princessliak
Icrispi <-------> Pinksparklyscot
TheEverFalling <-------> artsy_pants
tofuttibreak <-------> shiitake
dithmer <-------> Annim
bracelet_girl <-------> lucy van pelt
naiara <-------> sharla
aeronberry <-------> gemjams
Serendipity Crafts <-------> Girlfriday
alexandra_m79<-------> RoseRed
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005 06:03:54 AM by TheEverFalling » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That doesn't make sense to me. But then again, you are very small."~Treebeard
geeyouknit
Likes to hear but not to listen, to say but not to tell.

Hole-in-the-wall diners. Yum.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005 10:14:37 PM »

Yes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shiitake
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005 03:52:29 AM »

I would love to participate as I live in Finland but I haven't completed my first swap (the green purse swap) yet.Allthough I sent the bag today for my partner and she will receive it next week  - but not before 14th I presume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bracelet_girl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005 04:42:46 AM »

I sent in my info  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My DeviantArt page
My Livejournal

I do personal swaps, themed or random. Smiley pm me if you are interested!
geeyouknit
Likes to hear but not to listen, to say but not to tell.

Hole-in-the-wall diners. Yum.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005 10:04:01 AM »

I would love to participate as I live in Finland but I haven't completed my first swap (the green purse swap) yet.Allthough I sent the bag today for my partner and she will receive it next week  - but not before 14th I presume!

Could you ask the organizer to add your feedback? It'd be a shame to miss out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

icrispyi

Trying to build swap karma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005 10:56:19 AM »

YESSSSSS!!!!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gotta build good swap karma!

My Crafter-Stalker Cheat Sheet:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/cmhkorn/319720.html
tofuttibreak
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005 11:33:52 AM »

I am so excited about this swap! It seems like we've been talking about it forever and now it's finally here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
icrispyi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005 02:23:05 PM »

Okay, hi.

I wasnt really active in the idea post for this swap so I guess I can tell you about where Im from:

I live in Southern California, right outside of Los Angeles. The only thing I can think of people wanting from here is an In-N-Out Burger. You havent had a good hamburger until youve had one from In-N-Out. But yeah. I suppose I could go to Hollywood and take pictures of the stars (the ones on the ground, not actual people) and buy touristy stuff?

Yeah, I dont know what America has that anyone could possibly want.

LA has a lot of little country-Towns that Im sure sell imported goods. For example, we have Little Tokyo, Little Ethiopia, Thai-town, Chinatown, Little Armenia stuff like that. While I could get things from there, I dont know how cool thatd be because theyre probably over-priced and I have no idea what they are? There is one thing that I would know where to get and for not a lot of money Joss paper (and Hell Bank Notes). Its Chinese paper, very delicate and some of it is absolutely gorgeous.

Mer. Im sure that people from other countries know what theyd like from here, right?

Anyhow, I would really love clogs and chocolate. Ive never had chocolate that wasnt from here. According to the rest of the world, Im really missing out. I would looooove lip gloss from around the world. My friend went to Germany for study abroad recently and sent me Labello and an abnormally large box of TicTacs. Mmmm, good stuff. Things I also like: beads, paper (it would be awesome to get advertisements and newspaper from other countries), messenger bags that arent plain/American (usually ones with cutesy Japanese stuff on them), candy (dear non-Americans, please send me yummy candy), flip flops!, shells and beach-y stuff. Yeah, I like a lot of things.

Anyhow, for anyone I dont get partnered with, I would be more than interested in doing one-on-one swaps. And dont be embarrassed about asking for anything or if you want something expensive. Im willing to spend as much as you are. Also, if you think you can send me something Im interested in (even if its just a tube of lip gloss), let me know and we can do a mini one-on-one.

Yes, Im selling myself for foreign goods.

Also!!! I go to school in Miami, FL. So once I go back there (Im visiting at the end of October, but will be there for months starting January) I can send you stuff from there. One of the best things Ive found in Miami, that I havent anywhere else, is coral. Its like all over the place! There arent many beaches in CA where coral washes ashore.

Thanks for reading! Im super-excited about this swap!!! Contact me if youre interested in a one-on-one.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005 02:31:29 PM by icrispyi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

icrispyi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005 02:53:13 PM »

I'm not sure if this is because they don't have it there or if my friend was just a starving student, but when one of my Friends went to Germany for study abroad, he asked for Oreos and Lemonade mix.

I've also heard that you can't get mac&cheese or Ranch dressing in England....?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005 05:03:04 PM by icrispyi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlfriday

I'm NOT a monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005 06:09:41 AM »

I'm willing to send Peanut Butter to France, since I heard it's ridiculously expensive there (comparatively anyway). Of course, I don't know if PB can go through customs...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is love? As far as I can tell, it is passion, admiration and respect. If you have two, you have enough. If you have all three, you don't have to die to go to heaven."
William Wharton
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Colorful Centerpiece
How to Make a Chest of Drawers from Recyclable Materials (with subtitles)
How to Make a Chest of Drawers from Recyclable Materials
Simple Balloon Clover Tutorial
How to Arrange a Tulip Bowl Centerpiece
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...