A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,396
Currently Running With Scissors:
311 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fun pin cushion  (Read 8886 times)
Tags for this thread: pincushion  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: April 24, 2004 07:04:51 PM »

k this is going to sound odd. but i made this pin cushion today because i have one that is shaped like a chicken and i feel back sticking pins into him. it makes him look like a voodoo chicken and that makes me sad  Sad

so i made this up today a la penny rug style and now i have a guilt free pin cushion, and its pretty cute too if i do say so myself.  Tongue

not super special but i've noticed a lack of posts with pictures this week (possible everyone else had finals too) so i 'm celebrating being done with school till september and craftyness in general.

oh and its made out of felt thats why it's radioactive looking..hehe
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004 07:45:36 PM by SarahFroggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004 09:13:19 PM »

Ooh that is cute. I love felt and I love pin cushions!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004 09:49:50 PM »

Oh!  It's too adorable! I love it!

*dies of cuteness*  

Mary wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004 02:18:44 AM »

That is the sweetest!! Love the colours! I think I'd feel guilty about putting pins in that one as well, though.  Grin
I can't remember who without checking, but someone commented on my stitching on the wrist bands, (might have been you...) but girl, that stitching of yours is perfection portayed!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004 02:59:59 AM »

that is DARLING. what a cute addition to the sewing kit
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004 06:29:01 AM »

thank you thank you. i love doing blanket stitch. i do it so much i think i could do it in my sleep. and with my new obsession with felt. perfect Smiley

about sticking pins in this one. i told my boyfriend the chicken thing and he laughed at me and then when i said that this one was too cute to put pins in that might need to make another, he though i was nuts Tongue
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004 06:32:36 AM by SarahFroggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004 02:10:55 PM »

Ahh, the men... was telling boyf...no, fiance  Wink about something someone had replied to my post the other day that I was really chuffed about and he said: 'Craftster's really just a big self-help group for creative people isn't it....'  lol! What do they know, eh?!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004 02:11:43 PM by scandibird » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004 02:15:21 PM »

thats funny. my boyf likes that i'm crafty, he thinks it's cute. which is a definite plus. only problem is i want to make him crafty stuff but have no idea what to make. i already made him a quilt that he loves but stuck on what else he might enjoy

Aren't we all lamas really...on the inside?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2004 02:23:43 PM »

Very cute! I know what you mean about the chicken. I love the lady bug pin cushions but couldn't bear to constantly prick it with pins.

"It's just a ride."-Bill Hicks
Twitter: @TwilightChaos
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2004 02:25:15 PM »

I think there's a few threads about crafting for guys (or was that on glitter a long time ago..) but I know what you mean. I keep making him stuff I think he'll like and he likes it a lot because I've made it, but he doesn't necessarily use/wear it... Think T-shirts are the only thing he really appreciates, and especially the ones I make him decide what he wants on them and then I design and make them... Makes him feel part of the whole creative process I think.  Awwhh, bless their little cotton socks. Wink
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract
Creeping You Out!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...