A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,528
Currently Running With Scissors:
392 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitting Punsters Unite (especially if you know sports)  (Read 428 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crafty mama
ooh. snap crackle poop.

I'm a llama's mama!!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 09, 2005 07:54:37 PM »

I know, sports is anathema to most of you, but with the introduction of the stitch n pitch promotions by the mariners and the white sox, some of you have got to be interested. I just got a job at a yarn company (not LYS) and we're trying to promote similar events in our town, blessed with many sports teams, many of the unable to put asses in their seats. Stitch n pitch, we've got. I was just wondering if anybody had any other cute sports knitting gathering name ideas? Mostly we're thinking hockey and football, but they being less, er um contemplative, they might not be suited for a mass knit out. what do you guys think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Under my mattress
I keep boxes of beautiful dreams
And late at night
When no ones in sight
They come out and whisper to me - J,LC
subloke
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005 09:39:36 PM »

(Considering that in the past 7 days I have watched at LEAST 5 football games (both NFL & CFL) and I can't WAIT for the NHL season to start... one could probably say that I *like* sports!! )

-Chicks & Sticks  -  Hockey  (I know that Chicks with Sticks is pretty common around knitting circles, but I have seen a women's hockey team that had Chicks & Sticks on their team jackets)

That's all I got for right now.  I'm sure I'll wake up in the middle of the night with more... 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005 02:49:18 PM »

Or Sticks & Yarn for the hockey - after all knitting needles are sometimes referred to as 'sticks' - you could even put together a logo of knitting with hockey sticks.  Or playing mini hockey with knitting needles with those sock shaped point protectors on the ends Wink

Pass & Purl?  Frog Your Fumbles?  Hmm, football seems harder....  Although you could have a logo of a football player holding one of those big football shaped balls of yarn (photoshop maybe?) instead of the ball...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Debzzzbee
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005 10:57:47 PM »

Punt-n-Purl ? Punting Purlers? *thats footbal right?*   I dunno' Im a hockey fan... Cross-check knitchicks, Hockey Hookers, (for crocheters lol ) PuckPurls, Purling Pucks, KnittingWings, (Im partial to Red Wings  Grin)  HatTrickKnits, High-stickKnits, Assist-n-stitch, PowerPlayPurlers, Short-handed stitchers, Offside knitters, Cherrypicker Knitters,....  I cant think of anymore right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jimmy Carter Talks About Leading a Worthy Life
Tartarus: Kingdom Wars II Book Trailer
Chuck Borsellino Talks About Pinocchio Parenting
GoldenGirl Book Trailer
Forever Young Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...