A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,868
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you gonna do with your $1 Target yarn(s)?  (Read 4825 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2005 10:32:22 AM »

The socks are coming out sooooo soft with the mohair stuff! If you're not sure what to do with it, do that! Oh, and they're more like slippers now. I realized in the middle I didn't have enough yarn for socks. I had enough yarn for "sock."

Oh dear!  A single sock is not a good thing Tongue  I have a couple of quick questions for you.  Are you using dpns for the sock?  I was told that it is possible to use 2 circular needles instead of dpns for the same effect.  Do you know if that is true?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2014
Cowgrrl
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2005 03:32:52 PM »

I think I'm going to buy more of the 'fall colors' (red, purple, green, yellow' funky fringe & make 2-3 scarves.  I'm trying to decide how much is enough.  I'm thinking 3 skeins per scarf should work. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patriautism
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2005 04:47:28 AM »

The socks are coming out sooooo soft with the mohair stuff! If you're not sure what to do with it, do that! Oh, and they're more like slippers now. I realized in the middle I didn't have enough yarn for socks. I had enough yarn for "sock."

Oh dear!  A single sock is not a good thing Tongue  I have a couple of quick questions for you.  Are you using dpns for the sock?  I was told that it is possible to use 2 circular needles instead of dpns for the same effect.  Do you know if that is true?

As far as I know it's possible to use circs, but you have to use dpns for the toe area. I may be wrong, I actually don't know how to knit circular yet. I'm knitting them flat, kinda following the mary jane pattern I found on here (   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12662.0  ) but I altered it a bit here and there. I'm not doing straps and I'm sewing farther up, and I'm knitting it entirely in rib stitch so that I don't have to bother with any increases or decreases and it will still look good. I've only got one mostly done, had some company over tonight so maybe I'll have a set in the next few days.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005 04:51:58 AM by patriautism » THIS ROCKS   Logged

shoegirl
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2005 08:17:28 AM »

Right now I'm crocheting a scarf out of the rainbow colored acrylic yarn because I'm really clumsy at knitting. It's turning out pretty good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2005 08:57:48 AM »

I guess I'm the opposite Tongue  I sort of knit but can't crochet.  I have every intention of learning how to crochet because there are a few super cute crochet patterns for scarves in this forum!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Winter Market 2014
patriautism
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2005 01:39:56 PM »

I'm trying to find a crochet teacher too! One of my husband's friends does, and I asked her to bring it along last time she was over, but I just ended up making my sock-thing and she just started a blanket. We don't really hang out enough to try and learn off of each other. Maybe I should just get a book. My MIL tried to show me but I think she realized she forgot how halfway into the lesson. She gave me all of her hooks and stuff though Smiley But then again do I really need another yarn addiction?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2005 01:48:52 PM »

Absolutely!  Try not to think of it as a 'yarn addiction'.  Here's a positive reason to learn how to crochet - it'll help you work through your yarn stash and give you reasons to purchase yet more yarn Wink  I used to know how to crochet.  In fact, I remember making all kinds of pot holders, little sweaters for my dolls, etc.  Now that I've learned how to knit, I haven't an inkling on how to crochet!   Sad  BTW, any sign of the other sock?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Winter Market 2014
Jennickell
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2005 02:02:26 PM »

One of the best tutorials for crochet is stichguide.com
It has videos, detailed instructions. It is a really good site.
Just an FYI
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2005 02:08:35 PM »

Just an FYI

Thanks!  I will have to check that out! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Winter Market 2014
patriautism
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2005 02:11:23 PM »

Just an FYI

Thank you! I'll look into that!

Absolutely!  Try not to think of it as a 'yarn addiction'.  Here's a positive reason to learn how to crochet - it'll help you work through your yarn stash and give you reasons to purchase yet more yarn Wink  I used to know how to crochet.  In fact, I remember making all kinds of pot holders, little sweaters for my dolls, etc.  Now that I've learned how to knit, I haven't an inkling on how to crochet!   Sad  BTW, any sign of the other sock?!?

I'm not sure how but all my yarn has ended up in the kitchen over the past few days and I've come to realize how much I have Smiley I've bought SO much yarn recently and then I was given a basketful as a wedding present. My stash is just out of control right now. I have so much lovely yarn that I'm kinda schizophrenic about it and hesitate to start anything because I want to work with all of it all at once! I wish I had more needles. No sign of a second sock yet---I got distracted and started a pair of these really 80's looking fingerless gloves that had to be ripped out because I never bothered to actually measure my hand. It looked about right...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005 02:13:45 PM by patriautism » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About the Marionette Puppet
How to Lip Synchronize a Puppet Properly
How to Manipulate a Puppet for TV and Theater
What to Put into the Puppet Audition Reel
Working with TV Monitors in Puppetry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...