A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Earring Binge Swap Round 2! (SIGNUP CLOSED. MAIL BY 10/17)  (Read 14507 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Faerietail
Wing-Maker Extraordinaire

When force is gone, there's always Mom. Hi Mom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2005 12:03:16 AM »

Thanks Kirby, that does help! I've wrapped my earrings in bubble wrap already, so the extra bubbly goodness of the envelopes will hopefully protect them. Fingers crossed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buy some fairy wings! - www.faerietail.com
Buy hand spun yarn - fey.etsy.com
kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 02, 2005 12:55:13 AM »

You may know this already.. but you know the lil green declarations they give u to post internationally? I asked for a few extra (I actually wanted it to know the minimum size envelope I could send in the future - ie.. has to fit the declaration on).. and she gave me like 10! So now I can fill them out before I go, and save time at the postoffice!.. yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
Faerietail
Wing-Maker Extraordinaire

When force is gone, there's always Mom. Hi Mom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: October 02, 2005 01:26:20 AM »

Really?? I've always wondered if I could get extras of those - the AusPost website says you can't get them in bulk, so I just assumed it wasn't possible. I'll def ask next time I go to the PO (as long as I get my nice friendly female worker, and not the grumpy old guy who won't look you in the eye and makes snarky comments).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buy some fairy wings! - www.faerietail.com
Buy hand spun yarn - fey.etsy.com
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2005 08:19:03 AM »

is it just me or is anyone else paranoid of sending the wrong earrings to the wrong person?
On each earring card I've written user names AND on their notes I've written them- just to be sure. Then when I addressed them I made a list of first inital- user name to make sure I put the right stuff in the right envelope. I'm so paranoid that people are gonna end up with the wrong stuff Sad

...and yes I'm going to drill stuff for my earrings Wink Not plywood though! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
olive + orange
« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2005 11:04:08 AM »

This whole drill thing really interests me. I keep thinking about those wet drills for glass or stone...

Oops! I guess I forgot to answer the scanner/digi question. I have both so you don't have to worry about taking pictures of the earrings that will be sent to me.

Don't worry, jMi! I'm sure your earrings will be sent to the right home!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2005 12:41:45 PM »

Well I can clarify the whole drill thing now because it was a bust  Cry

I was going to make shell earrings for kiki_eks because she liked shells, so I went to the beach (perk of being from Va Beach I guess lol) and got some really cute tiny ones right from the ocean. Boyfriend drilled the holes, but the shells cracked when I tried to attach earring parts Sad *sigh*

Oh, I made different earrings for her since those didnt work so I'm not giving any suprises away
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2005 05:16:13 PM »

Sent today to:
sporkx71, FancyShmancy, kaleesi, rocketlettuce, kiki_eks, Bobolink, clarabelle1228, haute commodity
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2005 08:33:11 PM »

I can sometimes buy shells for jewellery making.. but my main suggestion is:

Start collecting a jar of shells (well washed or they smell).. you usually end up with quite a few with natural holes.. Just incase you need more for the future!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2005 09:13:20 PM »

Well I can clarify the whole drill thing now because it was a bust  Cry

I was going to make shell earrings for kiki_eks because she liked shells, so I went to the beach (perk of being from Va Beach I guess lol) and got some really cute tiny ones right from the ocean. Boyfriend drilled the holes, but the shells cracked when I tried to attach earring parts Sad *sigh*

Oh, I made different earrings for her since those didnt work so I'm not giving any suprises away

Awww Smiley that was sweet to go to all the trouble - I bet I would have loved them and will love anything that comes in it's place... now I have to get back to crafting ~K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
Avian Flight
« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2005 09:46:33 PM »

My shrinky dink paper came! YES! any of my swappies have any picture preferences for shrinky dink earrings?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Twilight Scarves
How to Knit with Red Heart Ribbon Yarn
How to Crochet Flowers
How to Crochet Magical Granny Squares
Squeeze and Solitude - AHEC and RCA Collaboration
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...