A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
755 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Earring Binge Swap Round 2! (SIGNUP CLOSED. MAIL BY 10/17)  (Read 14512 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Faerietail
Wing-Maker Extraordinaire

When force is gone, there's always Mom. Hi Mom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2005 06:17:36 PM »

Faerietail, I'm going to have to make and send yours when I get back. I'm so so sorry, it's nothing personal you were just at the bottom of my list of partners and I crafted in order- again really really sorry. The advantage is that if other people post in the gallery you can let me know which style you like best. I'll be back on the 11th so I promise I'll have yours out by the deadline and most likely before.

Damn you, Bobolink!!!

Ahem, sorry, just kidding. That's really fine, I'm getting 9 other pairs so I can wait! Cheesy I hope you have a fun-tastic trip to Canadia!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buy some fairy wings! - www.faerietail.com
Buy hand spun yarn - fey.etsy.com
cutout
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2005 11:48:49 AM »

I have got to be the least cool person on this whole board. I've been too busy with school work and other nerdage all week to make any earrings, but now it's a Saturday night, I've got free time and am just sitting here crafting away! Sigh. The sad life of someone who prefers making things to raving. Heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2005 12:13:06 PM »

Nah Im with you. I'm hoping to do all mine today too Smiley
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005 01:06:18 PM by jMi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2005 01:07:34 PM »

I have 7 out of 8 done!  Grin

I need my boyfriends help with the last pair because I'm scared I'll break something if I do it myself lol But yay!
I'm thinking of taking them to the PO tonight and using the machine to send them, otherwise I don't know the next time I'll be able to get out
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
belleaurora
« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2005 04:04:43 PM »

I have got to be the least cool person on this whole board. I've been too busy with school work and other nerdage all week to make any earrings, but now it's a Saturday night, I've got free time and am just sitting here crafting away! Sigh. The sad life of someone who prefers making things to raving. Heh.

Tee-hee.  I was going to go to a Rocky Horror Midnight Showing tonight, but I think I'm going to stay in and craft some.  Oh well.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2005 07:59:54 PM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes AT MYSELF!

I just sealed 7 envelopes. Hardcore sealed too- like had to peel the stuff (on the bubble wrap envelopes) then used packing tape to reinforce the seal. Guess who forgot pix first.  Undecided Ugh.

I still have to make one more- my bf forgot his drill tonight so I'm going to make them tomorrow hopefully (if it works). If not, then it's back to the drawing board!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clarabelle1228
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2005 09:51:03 PM »

My goodness, that girl before me said drill.....my most complicated tool is a pair of pliers. Drill makes me think the earrings are made of plywood for some reason. Hahaha....that would be awkward. A whole sheet of plywood on one ear. What kind of different ways is everyone using to make their earrings? Like, stencils, shrinky dinks, beads, clay, just curious as to what is out there so far. I bought stuff tonight to make my stuff and now I am going to go get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2005 10:19:25 PM »

I just sealed 7 envelopes. Hardcore sealed too- like had to peel the stuff (on the bubble wrap envelopes) then used packing tape to reinforce the seal. Guess who forgot pix first.  Undecided Ugh.

I did the same thing! I just checked though.. and 4 of my 5 partners said YES to camera or scanner.. (Olive + orange your questionnaire didnt say yah or nah? lol)..

Oh well.. least i remembered to send! (gotta look at the positives? haha)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
Faerietail
Wing-Maker Extraordinaire

When force is gone, there's always Mom. Hi Mom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2005 10:53:46 PM »

Kirbay, I have a question about shipping. I'm gonna post mine on Tuesday (tomorrow's a public holiday in the ACT). Anyway, I was just wondering what you posted your earrings in? I ask cuz I know you're also in Aus -- did you just get those AusPost cd/cassette boxes? Just curious, as I haven't yet decided what I'm going to post them in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buy some fairy wings! - www.faerietail.com
Buy hand spun yarn - fey.etsy.com
kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2005 11:38:11 PM »

I did them in the small sized green and white auspost envelopes (theyre padded and cost 80c).. if theyred not very wide, they post as a large letter and cost $1 in Aus and and about 2 or 3$ overseas.. I didnt wanna risk a huge cost on the boxes, and figured theyd be alright in the envelopes. (and if anything breaks, ill resend, so i take that risk i guess)..

Hope that helps! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Completing the Severed Witches Finger Part 2/2
How to Make Halloween Eyeball Bites
How to Make Crunchy Spiders Treats
How to Make Bloody Worms Treats
Removing Turkey from a Deep Fryer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...