A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 305,735
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Earring Binge Swap Round 2! (SIGNUP CLOSED. MAIL BY 10/17)  (Read 15367 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005 09:08:40 PM »

I was just worried about posting more than 5 different packages.. lol I owuldnt mind doing 10! but.. posting that many diff packages overseas could be too much.. if like 2 pairs can go to one person etc.. amend mine if yah want, to say 10, as long as im not sending more than 4 or 5 packages Smiley otherwise, 5 itll have to be (i think i said 5? damnit.. memory!)

and yes.. if yahs didnt know already (ha!) im in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
belleaurora
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005 09:11:44 PM »

Just so everyone knows, you can make as many earrings as you want. A lot of people have signed up to make 3-5 & I wanted to make sure that you all know you can make lots & lots! If there are 30 people signed up, you can make 29 pairs! I know I'll be making at least 12.

12?!?!?!  HOLY CRAP!  I'm with kirbay831 on this one, I'm going to have shipping difficulties with a ton of packages... especially with DCs.  Perhaps when I get a job... or can throw really far...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005 09:19:44 PM »

My boyfriend is kind of cheap so he's already planning ahead on how I can save money on shipping  Roll Eyes for starters, no international for me. Unfortunately, I haven't done international since my first swap. Sad I will again, though, I swear it! BUT, on his behalf I will say it cost like $25 to mail and that was really hard on us bc we were broke to start with.
But, his idea is that I buy a few padded envelopes, cut them up to make small "EARRING ENVELOPES" glue and tape them back together (VERY securely, might I add lol) and then mail them out. This way, you save money on buying envelopes and on shipping because you're not using a package that's too big for what you're sending.

Roll Eyes Boys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005 10:14:59 PM »

My boyfriend is kind of cheap so he's already planning ahead on how I can save money on shipping  Roll Eyes for starters, no international for me. Unfortunately, I haven't done international since my first swap. Sad I will again, though, I swear it! BUT, on his behalf I will say it cost like $25 to mail and that was really hard on us bc we were broke to start with.
But, his idea is that I buy a few padded envelopes, cut them up to make small "EARRING ENVELOPES" glue and tape them back together (VERY securely, might I add lol) and then mail them out. This way, you save money on buying envelopes and on shipping because you're not using a package that's too big for what you're sending.

Roll Eyes Boys.

I would be very carefull doing it that way. Just make sure you don't pack glass beads. They may shatter by the time they get to your partner and then you will have to spend more to re-send a replacement pair. (This happend to me, I didn't mind having to resend since I didn't pad it enough, but my partner had to wait for me to make another pair and re-send.)
Also your package needs to be big enough to fit the address, return address and the DC Label all on the front, well you can put your return address on the back and it will need to be no less than 3/4" thick at it's thickest point to get the DC.

O&O - I am in - I think I will do 10 this time. I did 5 last time. Looking forward to making some new ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005 05:06:21 AM »

Hmm how big is the DC label when they mail it from the post office themselves? I know when I used the machine it was gigantic and his idea wouldnt work if I went that route.

Personally, envelope surgery doesn't sound appealing and I'd much rather just BUY ready to go ones  Wink
Do you suggest using the VCR/CD box rather than the padded envelope?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2005 09:43:51 AM »

Hmm how big is the DC label when they mail it from the post office themselves? I know when I used the machine it was gigantic and his idea wouldnt work if I went that route.

Personally, envelope surgery doesn't sound appealing and I'd much rather just BUY ready to go ones  Wink
Do you suggest using the VCR/CD box rather than the padded envelope?

You could do your padded envelope surgery - 10.5" x 15' padded mailer can be divided into 4 pouches and still hold all the info (electronic postage, DC and address) needed on the front - sounds like a great idea and I might try that - If you can afford to get those small earring boxes - they will also fit into your DIY envelopes.
I have seen the brown craft ones sell for 30 cents at a local paper/craft store and the gold & white sell for 40 cents at a local Party Supply Store each.
When you buy earrings from a department store you usually get a small box - maybe you have some left over or family/friends might have some extras they don't use or ask for a gift box at a department store. Go to your local mall & and walk up to the jewelry counter and ask for a small gift box - they are free when you buy, but you could just say that you did buy and just forgot to get your box Huh most of the time they don't care - if they say no, go to the next store till you get what you want. LOL  Cheesy 

a DC label is 3" x 2.5"

Maybe your BF can get crafty and make you your own boxes while he gets DIY on your envelopes Wink

I like to try and recycle as much as I can and if you think you will be swapping more in the future - save the packages that you receive from others to reuse again. You just need to peel off any labels and tape it up to resend.

OK I am done with my shipping and handling tips of the Day  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
olive + orange
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2005 11:53:04 AM »

kiki_eks - Do you work at the post office? Cheesy

I know shipping can be very expensive. I just wanted to make sure that you all knew you can send as many pairs as you want. I thought maybe I wasn't clear enough with that. I guess I was!

So everyone knows, I'm keeping a list of swap participants on the 1st post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005 03:03:55 PM »

kiki_eks - Do you work at the post office? Cheesy

HeHe - No I don't.  Grin Tongue Grin  I do have a postman in the family but he's now retired, but that's not where I get my info. I guess I have been going to the Post Office on my own for many years now and you learn things along the way. That and it's all there on the website  Wink
Happy mailing, ~K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobolink

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2005 03:23:09 PM »

I'm in!!!
Just pointing that out so I can get updates... you never know when you'll need some post office info Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2005 05:50:25 PM »

Have any Canadians signed up yet? I kind of want to sign up again, but it costs me 4.95 to send overseas and 3.95 to send to the US - and thats just the minimum! Hmmm... I'll have to think about this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw an Angry Manga Face
How to Draw Marge Simpson
How to Sketch Donald Duck
How to Draw Comic Strips
How to Draw Winnie the Pooh
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...