A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help with crochet pattern!  (Read 1308 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Amy Lou
« on: April 24, 2004 08:23:33 AM »

Hi I have no idea what this means. so here goes

First I cast on: 12 dc, 1ss to close (which I understand)

2nd rnd:  2 x 2 dc in the same st, in corner st: 1 dc, 1 tr, 1dc repeat around  (HELP what does this all mean??)

PS I understand the stitch terms just not what to do and where to put them!  THANKS anyone out there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
simply
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004 08:27:48 AM »

is that directly copied from the pattern? and is there anything before the first round?  if it's an online pattern could you link me to it so i can see it also?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ecinue88

0.5 second attention sp-

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004 08:29:03 AM »

To my understanding, this is how it works.

*2dc in same stitch, 2 dc in next stitch, dc, tr,dc in third stitch.*
Repeat * * three more times to make four sides/corners.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amy Lou
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004 08:51:29 AM »

WORK PLAN: the pattern consist of 2 identical patterned bands each consisting o f 4 circular shapes which are crocheted so that the  2 middle ones form squares and the 2 outer ones form pointed triangles.  (then you sew them  along  a pattern in the book)   The pattern exact is

Square
Cast on rnd: 12 dc, ss to close
2nd rnd: 2 x2 dc in same st, in corner st: 1 dc, 1 tr, 1dc repeat all the way around

Triangle
cast on rnd: 12 dc, 1ss to close
2nd rnd: 3 h dc in corner st, 2 h dc, 3 hdc in corner st , 3 h dc, in corner: 1 h dc, 1 dc, 1 tr, next st : 1 tr 1 dc, 1 hdc

Theres more for the crown but Maybe I should stop here
IT's an amazing book called "practical modern crochet" by vibeke lind

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
simply
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004 12:06:58 PM »

wow...i have never seen instructions worded like this before, that's why i asked.  well, i'm going to assume that somewhere in the book it told you how many to chain and then join to form a circle. if not, try a 5 or 6 ch and sl st to join.  or your crocheting onto an already made circular form. 12 dc, sl st to close, that forms the first round.  second round. if you tied off after your first round, then place 2 dc in one stitch. if your not tieing off, then after the join ch 3 and place 1 dc in the same stitch that your ch 3 originated from.  after you do either one of those, place 2 dc in the next st, the 1 dc, 1 tr, 1 dc, all in the next stitch.  this will be repeated ( 2 dc in next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch, 1 dc 1 tr 1 dc in next stich) all the around. you should wind up with 4 "sets" of this.  i'm also assuming that you sl st to join them.  as for the triangle, same as above, 12 dc, sl st to close. if your tieing off do a hdc, if your continuing ch 2, place the next 2 hdc in the same stitch as the first hdc/ch 2.  this creates your first corner i believe. place 1 hdc in each of the next 2 st.  place 3 hdc all in the next stitch.  place 1 hdc in each of the next 3 sts.  place 1 hdc 1 dc 1 tr all in the next stitch, and 1 tr 1 dc 1 hdc all in the next stitch.   the pattern for the triangle doesn't seem to match up in my head, so maybe if they have a picture of it, you could try counting the stitches and seeing where exactly they're being placed.  hope this helps a bit, the instructions are somewhat confusing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chilled Lemon Souffle
Homemade Chocolate Bark Recipe
Crumbs Christmas Hacks: Making Santa Treats
The Best Holiday Pies to Entertain
How to Make Perfect Frosting Flowers for a Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...