A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,912
Currently Running With Scissors:
356 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Red lipstick help  (Read 1524 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melissa_Bumbles

hello my name is melon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005 11:40:52 AM »

kinkyknit, nyc also has a really nice red matte lipstick, and its super cheap. 

i also bought countless red lipsticks till i finally realized that i needed something more orange (i have olive skin).  i shoulda just asked someone...i have a few friends who are makeup artists and it woulda been a whole lot easier.  shoppers drug mart (i live in canada) is quite possibly the greatest store on the planet...its a lot like the american rite-aid.  they carry loreal, covergirl, etc, but they always have at least one line of cheap stuff where you can get lipstick and nailpolish, etc for a little over a buck. nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Most people are other people.  Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -- Oscar Wilde
C_Rae91
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005 09:16:26 PM »

It sounds as if we are about the same complaxion, so if it helps I wear Celebrity by Arbonne, the only kind of make-up that ever touches my skin, lol. I'm obsessed. You can check out there website, and best of all, they ship anywhere and if the shade you orde4r isnt wuite right you can send it back and order a new one untill you find the perfect one! After years of loving them, I have recently joined the business, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can show you where I live on my left hand.

http://www.wists.com/C_Rae91
jettetheimpala
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005 10:47:13 PM »

I have *completely identical* colouration (quite light ashy blonde, fair drowned animal-through-pink skin, blue eyes), and I swear by Clinique Colour Surge lippy in Vintage Red. It's pricey; not Dior or Chanel pricey (although I have Premier Rouge and it's wonderful) but still pricey, but it's wonderful. Creamy, fairly long-lasting (although a liner helps, admittedly I use a really cheap Prestige one), and the perfect, perfect red on me. It's blue-based and just a touch darker than fire engine red, so it's quite wearable for such a bright shade.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the little fish have fun in the sea... http://www.quicklittlesplinter.com
krissykat
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005 12:05:52 PM »

So I found a lipstick in my cosmetic bag, which looked to be a nice, cool shade of red. I applied it painstakingly, put a nice gloss over the top... I was fairly pleased, and ready to go rock my red lips. Then I went to pick up my friend and she says, "Oh, Kristen! I love your fuchsia lipstick!". So the lipstick was promptly and thoroughly wiped off.
The hunt shall begin again next payday! Thanks everyone for all your tips!

I was thinking about trying Revlon "Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor" in forever scarlet  or Revlon "Lipglide" in ruby slippers. (I'm leaning toward the 'long lasting' one.) Has anyone else tried either of those?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MySpace*My Wists*My Knitting/Crafting Blog*My Etsy* Watch for updates!
MorbidlyCute on Ravelry.com
krissykat
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005 10:30:53 PM »

I just found an awesome lipstick. (at Wal-Mart, of all places...) It's some brand I've never heard of before, and it only cost like, $5 (so my next purchase will be some kind of topcoat to try to keep it on). The name, Pretty Red is what caught my eye, and it made the rest of the test lines on my hand (y'know what I mean, right?) look positively orange, so I bought it! Kiss
It's a shame I couldn't find a nice Revlon one, though, because that stuff seems to last forever...it's been on the back of my hand for hours, and it's showing no signs of fading. At least now I have something to go by if I want to start searching for a better quality lipstick.
Now I just have to muster up the confidence to wear it in public....... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MySpace*My Wists*My Knitting/Crafting Blog*My Etsy* Watch for updates!
MorbidlyCute on Ravelry.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fix Dry Brittle Nails
Megan Fox Admits to Loving Drugstore Beauty Products
Women Over 60 Model Marc Jacobs and NARS Beauty Ads
Are Gel Nails Safe?
Youth-Obsessed Fashion Brands Are Embracing The Beauty Of Aging
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...