A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 307,937
Currently Running With Scissors:
271 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First christmas in new apartment  (Read 926 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BoredYetCynical
durka durka

Hey, Hey, I wanna be a rock star.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 22, 2005 03:55:05 AM »

Me and my Fiance' moved into our new apartment in february, this is not going to be our first christmas TOGETHER, it'll be our second. But it is however going to be our first in our own place. I've already told him what his main christmas present is going to be from me... a real tree... He's never in his entire life had a real tree. So we're going to get a little 4 - 5 foot tree that'll sit ontop of one of our end tables (big ass square end tables). Now, my mom wouldn't let me take any of my ornaments from home because they're too sentimental to her. So what she got me two packages of glass ornaments 12 each. !2 are blue and glittery (my favorite color), and the secind pack is 12 clear... clear because i'm going to decorate and personalize the crap out of them. I'm going to use a number of things... glitter, cut outs, pom-poms, tissue paper, confetti, beads, etc. All of that stuff is going to go inside of he ornaments, being that they are the traditional ball ornaments where the hook connector can come off. Three of those ornaments will have something glued to them. I'm going to preint out three pictures that i've taken. One of each of my two lab puppies, and one of my kitten. Each ornament is going to say Baby's first Chrismas, or X-Mas. lol. This will be their first. I can't wait to get started on them (it's not even a week before halloween and i'm already wanting to start on Christmas) lol. I'll keep you all updated with pics when i get them finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This is way beyond my remote concern of being condescending"

Baby Sean Born on Nov. 11th 2007
honorhappy
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005 05:39:59 AM »

Cool.  I'm sure you'll have lots of fun decorating, and I'm also sure you'll find lots of inspiration here.  I understand your Christmas enthusiasm, I've been thinking about Christmas since September!  It's my favorite holiday, and the biggest celebration wise, and I like to plan ahead so I can go all out on a tiny budget.  If you read my post on Studio Decorating for Christmas, you can see some of my ideas and maybe they will help you as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BoredYetCynical
durka durka

Hey, Hey, I wanna be a rock star.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005 04:29:22 PM »

thanks, i'll go look at that in a minute. Christmas is my favorite holiday too. It's not usualy about getting presents. I love the atmosphere, and the decorations. I also love to give presents. Last year i wanted so badly to give my fiance' all of his presents early, he wouldjn't let me though. lol. This year i'm going to try and get a jump start on presents, i can't afford to buy any, so i'm going to make them all. I know that i'm going to make a brown scarf for my younger brother, he does these mountain man re-enactments, and he's been wanting a scarf for it. Not sure what i'm going to make for my mom and dad, but for the rest of the family i'm going to get some more of those clear ornaments and decorate them up and give those to them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This is way beyond my remote concern of being condescending"

Baby Sean Born on Nov. 11th 2007
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book
A Little Birdie Told Me
Meatless Monday: Stuffed Butternut Squash

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...