A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please post your best costume...  (Read 102050 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2005 12:21:17 PM »

I take no credit for Pan...he did it all himself (except my step-mom did help him sew the general shape of the pants). He's got some mad skillz, that's for sure.

Our cats adopted the pants as a bed once they pulled them onto the floor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2005 02:57:43 PM »

If your hubby isn't into NERO- he should be AND I know of tons of people who might be interested in buying stuff off of him. We LARPers are a crazy lot.  Grin

He did and awesome job... am I gushing? I appear to be gushing  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2005 03:26:59 PM »

I -want- those pants. So bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
lunacouer
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2005 03:29:28 PM »

One year, I went as a sunrise.  Yup, here's how I did it (sorry, no pics, was about 6 years ago).  I had gotten a half sun mask at Goodwill that I wore on my face.  Then, I wore black tights, and a black skirt, that I put glow in the dark star stickers on, up to my waste, with silver glitter glue throughout.  Then, I got a white long sleeve cotton shirt (it was October, in NE, ya know?), and I painted on it the colors of a sunrise: dark blue at the bottom, then pink, then orange, then yellow at the neck and collar.  If I remember correctly, I had gotten fabric dye to do this.  I had blended them all together on the shirt, including the sleeves, to look like a sunrise.  I had made one part stay white, where I had left a stenciled crescent half moon, right over my boob.  Wink  Then, I put my hair up, and spray painted it gold (with that gold hairspray that comes out for halloween, makes your hair really sticky), put the mask on and voila!  a sunrise.  Of course, I did spend the rest of the night explaining to people what I was, the conversation would go something like this:  "So, what are you supposed to be?" asks non-right brained good ole NE boy, "I'm a sunrise, see dark on bottom, sunrise, then sun at top.  Get it?" answers me so sweetly. "Oh, I see....so what's up with that gold stuff in your hair?" " Sigh," as I walk away to get another beer.  But, no one else was a sunrise, so chalk that up to creativity, eh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training."
-Anna Freud
Nocturnaloner
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2005 04:09:58 PM »

If your hubby isn't into NERO- he should be AND I know of tons of people who might be interested in buying stuff off of him. We LARPers are a crazy lot.  Grin

He did and awesome job... am I gushing? I appear to be gushing  Cheesy

Hrrmmm... Err...  That be me.  What you can't tell in that first shot is, I also had a beard, some hobbit ears, and scary yellow wolf eye contacts, all of which conspired to make me look like some kinda psycho Mennonite.  I do sincerely apologize to any who may be permanently traumatized by my resplendent pastiness.  I have a good time though!

Funny thing about the LARP stuff is, I did indeed grab the basic construction idea of the legs from a German LARPER's site.  Like wifey basically said, for the legs:  upholstery seat foam, cut into wedges and triangles, held into place with pantyhose (no, I'm not making it up), and fun fur sewn around it by someone who knew how.  For the hooves: a pvc pipe cut in two and shaped with a hacksaw and a blowtorch, some fiberglass bondo in front for the cloven bits, J-B welded to Ninja tabi boots (is there anything they can't do?).  As for the superglue, hey, they used it in Vietnam to stick skin together, why not?  Didn't burn me, worked way better than spirit gum, came off when I needed it to.  Pan is dead, Long Live Pan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2005 05:50:26 PM »

Two years ago my boyfriend went as the Joker and Harely Quinn.  I think I am puliing this coustume out again for a party this year...it was just too fun not to wear again.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005 05:54:03 PM by twilight021 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quinston
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2005 06:05:13 PM »

Thanks for edscribing all the extra details.  That is THE BEST costume I have ever seen.  Those yellow eyes scare me though.  I made a late night run to the grocery store a few years ago,
around Halloween.  A guy in the chips aisle turned real slowly toward me and looked me right in the eyes with some of those freaky contact lenses in.  My heart stopped and I nearly fainted.  He thought it was really funny.  You don't do that to people, do you? ha ha No, you look like such a happy, friendly Pan.
Hey twilight021 - you make a cute Harley Quinn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ocean hair
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2005 06:54:02 PM »

wow, those costumes are great! the harley quinn/joker costumes are really cute. for some reason it never occured to my boyfriend and i to do a couples costume. your posts have inspired me to do one, though,but i don't think it's going to happen since my bf's away at college.  Sad

this year i'm planning to be willy wonka from the new charlie and the chocolate factory movie. on tuesday i did a small test-drive for my costume and what i've put together so far looks great. it doesn't look exactly like the way it does in the movie, since the clothing colors don't match up, but once i get all my accessories together and figure out how to hide my long, blue hair, i think it'll look pretty good (and of course i'll post pictures).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He's just a little brought down because when you knocked, he thought you were the candyman.
sharkie
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2005 07:04:59 PM »

i'm the furthest to the right, i was Ash Ketchum from Pokemon  Smiley i colored a softball to look like a pokeball and everything. my friend (second from the left) was a bag of jelly beans. she covered her self in plastic wrap and stuffed it with different colored balloons haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish I could get my head out of the sand,
Cause I think we'd make a good team.
And you would keep my fingernails clean.
But that's just a stupid dream that I won't realize
Causes I can't even look in your eyes
Without shakin and I aint fakin
I'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon
IchBeisse
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2005 08:29:57 PM »

Those are definitely some awesome costumes!  Kudos to the threadstarter too, this is a good idea!  Here is my friend [it's a she, but we did a good job making her into a guy] and me 2 years ago, we were an 80's couple, the clothes used to be my moms in the 80's even!

Hope you guys like it, I'm the one with the big hair [haha, all I did was comb it to get it big, no hairspray!]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Prep School: How To Do A Half-And-Half Mani
How To Apply and Remove Glitter Polish
How To Define Your Brows
Beauty Prep School: How To Do A Smoky Eye
Right Order To Apply Skin Care Products
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...