A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please post your best costume...  (Read 104483 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LouraPalmr
Seamstress Of Hairspray Beauty Lounge

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #290 on: September 17, 2006 01:18:34 AM »

These are some of my most favorite costumes from the past years.

From L-R

me & my best friend - I'm Carhop, she's Sally from Nightmare Before Xmas, both are totally handmade.

Cigarette Girl - By far my alltime favorite costume I have ever made. I even had all my smoker friends save packs for me to put in my tray.

Queen of Hearts - I went on a mission to be completely true to the disney version of this costume. I even had white with red hearts bloomers underneath.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006 01:25:48 AM by LouraPalmr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"no shirt, no shoes, no dice"

My Etsy - http://www.DevilDogCouture.etsy.com
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: September 17, 2006 06:47:03 AM »

Halloween is my favorite day of the year!  All the costumes posted here are amazing! 

Here are a few that I'm proud of:

Me as Cruella deVille from 101 Dalmations

I made the stole...I was amazed at how difficult it was to find dalmation print fur!

My husband as Alex from a Clockwork Orange
He was seriously disturbing.  I made the eye balls for the cuffs of the shirt and sewed them on...he keeps wanting to wear the shirt to nice places.  One of these times I'm going to let him!

OH I LOVE these! I love the movie A Clockwork Orange...well maybe "love" is the wrong word.....let's say I REALLY appreciate it from it's profound impact on film as an art!  Wink It does disturb me.....but that is what art is suppose to do...get a reaction out of people!

Anyway....all I have to say is... "wellie wellie well me droogies"

I also love Cruella! When I was like 3 I had the book and colored over Cruella's face with a purple crayon....every page she was on had purple crayon scribbles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smaction

It's smarts in action....smaction.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: September 20, 2006 07:54:36 PM »

I have no idea where my photos are, so I'll just describe my favorites.

-Thanksgiving dinner: I used a flattened cardboard box as the table, with a plastic table cloth to hide it. Used fake food to set the table around me, and my head (poking through the table and a platter made of aluminium) as the main course.

-Christmas tree: with the craft stores putting their winter holiday stuff out so early, this was easy. I bought a bunch of fake branches and wound them together into a hat, with one branch sticking straight up with a star, sewed some ornaments on a green shirt (and put some on the brim of the hat), brown pants, a gift on each shoe. The best part was that I found battery operated xmas lights, so that I actually lit up.

-Thing-a-man-jig: my husband's costume for a superhero party. He went to a thrift store, bought a bunch of old kitchen appliances and gizmos, took them apart and put parts back together to make odd-looking implements and attached them to his body.

-My husband was also Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my stuff: abudefduf.etsy.com: cool stuff made by procrastinating grad students
Elizabeth128
« Reply #293 on: September 21, 2006 12:10:30 PM »

My friends and I went to a heroes and villians theme party and here's what we came up with:

From the left, there's Linda Tripp and Monica Lewinsky, then Cruella DeVille, Lorena Bobbit (complete with severed penis in a bag of ice), me as Lizzie Borden, and then Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Kristy Swanson-style.  It was a lot of fun, and our costumes were almost completely found in 10 minutes from the thrift store, so it was really easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ninja_Poo
« Reply #294 on: September 26, 2006 12:02:53 PM »

Wow, I've seen some awesome costumes here, I'm kind of worried about posting my feeble attempt, but here goes (this is my first post by the way).  This is my elf costume from last year, I already had the dress part, and I sewed the collar and the sleeves myself.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/Ninja_Poo/Me23-1.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/Ninja_Poo/Me2-1.jpg

Sorry about the quality, the pictures were taken with a disposable camera and then scanned.

This year I'm going to be Meriadoc Brandybuck, and I'm almost done with the costume, I only need to redo the vest I made and sew myself a cloak.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kikigirl
Einstein was hot when he was young

Let's dance! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: September 26, 2006 12:13:29 PM »

Wow, I've seen some awesome costumes here, I'm kind of worried about posting my feeble attempt, but here goes (this is my first post by the way).  This is my elf costume from last year, I already had the dress part, and I sewed the collar and the sleeves myself.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/Ninja_Poo/Me23-1.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/Ninja_Poo/Me2-1.jpg

Sorry about the quality, the pictures were taken with a disposable camera and then scanned.

This year I'm going to be Meriadoc Brandybuck, and I'm almost done with the costume, I only need to redo the vest I made and sew myself a cloak.

No need to be shy!  That's a wonderful costume!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ninja_Poo
« Reply #296 on: September 26, 2006 12:34:38 PM »

Thank you very much Kikigirl  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cereza Bomba
« Reply #297 on: September 27, 2006 09:58:07 AM »

My friends and I went to a heroes and villians theme party and here's what we came up with:

[url width=500 height=251]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/LizSchmidt/6433760-R2-028-12A.jpg[/url]

From the left, there's Linda Tripp and Monica Lewinsky, then Cruella DeVille, Lorena Bobbit (complete with severed penis in a bag of ice), me as Lizzie Borden, and then Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Kristy Swanson-style.  It was a lot of fun, and our costumes were almost completely found in 10 minutes from the thrift store, so it was really easy.

Wow.

<<<edited to remove image from quote - please remember to remove IMG tags when quoting ~ thanks!!>>>
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006 11:45:33 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cereza Bomba = CHERRY BOMB!
SquidPrincess
cephalopod rockstar and all around space babe

just a (squid) girl and her zombie friend

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 27, 2006 05:41:54 PM »

oh my god---Lizzie Borden, so awesome. I totally knew who that was. You look great; major props.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Revolution is a trivial shift in the emphasis of suffering." --Tom Stoppard
http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/spooookypants/
la felicidad tiene tu nombre y tu piel
Elizabeth128
« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2006 11:30:10 AM »

Thanks! I think that only one person at the party knew who I was, but I thought it was sweet. There was a lot of, "You know...'Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother forty whacks...' No...?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tasty Beef Short Ribs
Chicken Stock on fixmyrecipe.com
Crock Pot Roast
Waffle House Waffles Recipe
How to make Mushroom Sliders
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...