A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,861
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please post your best costume...  (Read 102925 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jenefor
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2006 08:44:25 PM »

[/quote]
 I always find myself turning down costumes becasue I wear glasses and I think I would look odd as certain things.  Well you look great in all of those!
You have given me the courage to be anything I want this year...glasses or not  Grin
[/quote]

That is my husband....he always wants to go for the masks so he can wear his glasses (he dreams of being a storm trooper) Most of the time he is just blind on Halloween Tongue...

Most of the time I don't end up being something since I think im too "big" to pull it off... guess we all have issues somehow ;P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hookin Flamingo

What were you saying again?

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2006 06:16:40 AM »

Most of the time I don't end up being something since I think im too "big" to pull it off... guess we all have issues somehow ;P

I do that too...I think, who has every seen a fat vampire  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to make you a journal for a personal swap. PM me!
My wist: http://www.wists.com/hookinflamingo
My blog: http://thehappyhookinflamingo.blogspot.com/

Dorkariffic asked me to the hoe down *blushes* I feel like Cinderella going to the ball *GRIN*
fishiegopook

why so blue, panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2006 06:49:18 AM »

I've worn this every year for like 4 years.. haha  I even wore it to be Columbia in a local theatres production of the Rocky Horror Show.  I sewed all those sequins individually onto the bustier, and the shorts, and my mom made the jacket and hat. Unless the one in that pic is the theatres hat.. they look the same.  haha  Roll Eyes

ignore my stomach hanging out!

posed, but you can't see the sequins  Tongue

now I didn't make this one at all, but like I'd post my Rocky costume without showing me with hot Rocky boys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jennickell
« Reply #263 on: August 15, 2006 02:58:18 PM »

My son wants to go as a different horror movie charactor every year, last year was his first year as.....

Leatherface.
He bought the mask, he picked out the pants, tie and shirt at a thrift store and we "bloodied" up a cheap apron ourselves, and thanks to little brothers toy chain saw, I think he turned out pretty good.

This year he wants to go as Michael Meyers, he has the mask picked out, just a matter of gettings his ensemble together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
simplicity
« Reply #264 on: August 15, 2006 03:05:38 PM »

Okay, I'm new here, so lets hope I get this right.

Last year, made a Rainbow Brite Costume for my Goddaughter, complete with Twink candy bag:
Last Year Halloween:  Friday night went as Hermione Granger (from 2 years prior) because my costume wasn't quite finished.  My best friend wore my pirate costume from the previous year:
of course we took pics after coming home and i already ditched my wig, wand, and cloak.  I'll have to find pics from the year I hermione'd all out.

Saturday Night and Monday Night (Can you tell we love halloween:):

Group shot:
L-R: Tea Party Barbie, Queen Bee, Me as Strawberry Shortcake and Pimped Out Uncle Sam.... and in front... That's Rick James, B*%$&!

Monday Night, I'm still Strawberry Shortcake and my friend Nikki is now Like A Virgin Madonna:

Me and "Ron"da:

and lastly, me and painter ben (that wasn't a costume for him)

I searched and searched for green and white striped tights, but ended up having to paint them on myself (as seen in the last picture)

I'm going to have to find some of the other great costmes we've had over the years (PeeWee Herman, Pre-Technicolour Dorothy from Wizard of OZ, Christmas Tree, ect. )

THanks for listening!! Grin

I love the costumes, they're awesome. I especially love the rick james. I was trying to figure out who he was before i read it. SO HILARIOUS!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...F.l.y. ..m.e. .t.o. ..t.h.e. ..m..o.o.n....
Hookin Flamingo

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 15, 2006 04:53:20 PM »

I've worn this every year for like 4 years.. haha  I even wore it to be Columbia in a local theatres production of the Rocky Horror Show.  I sewed all those sequins individually onto the bustier, and the shorts, and my mom made the jacket and hat. Unless the one in that pic is the theatres hat.. they look the same.  haha  Roll Eyes

ignore my stomach hanging out!

posed, but you can't see the sequins  Tongue

now I didn't make this one at all, but like I'd post my Rocky costume without showing me with hot Rocky boys!

You make a great Columbia!
The bottom pic...I see Rocky, you as Columbia, Eddie, but who is the other biker babe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkariffic asked me to the hoe down *blushes* I feel like Cinderella going to the ball *GRIN*
fishiegopook

why so blue, panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2006 07:33:25 PM »

The bottom pic...I see Rocky, you as Columbia, Eddie, but who is the other biker babe?

thank you!

We do the play, the Rocky Horror Show, as opposed to acting in front of the movie, and in the play the Transylvanians play a bigger part than they do in the movie, in that they're in almost every scene, so for act 2 last year they dressed as the Village People and Kevin there is the gay biker. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hookin Flamingo

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2006 09:03:25 PM »

thank you!

We do the play, the Rocky Horror Show, as opposed to acting in front of the movie, and in the play the Transylvanians play a bigger part than they do in the movie, in that they're in almost every scene, so for act 2 last year they dressed as the Village People and Kevin there is the gay biker. Grin

AHA!!!! Makes sense now  Wink
Gotta go...I have a sudden urge to watch the movie now  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Donna
« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2006 04:58:27 PM »

Last year, we went as "Super Family." As you can tell by the one-month-old bundle of joy (AKA Superbaby), they were kind of thrown together at the last minute.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=58582&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

Here's a closeup of Clark Kent/Superman:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=58581&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

Here's a closeup of the press passes:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=58583&size=big&sort=1&cat=500
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do it big, do it right, and do it with style. Fred Astaire
Dragonsinger
« Reply #269 on: August 16, 2006 11:34:33 PM »

The costumes in this thread are all awesome.  Sharing some that my husband and I have done. 

We both love going to Ren Faires in garb and have put together these for that purpose.  I made his shirt and cloak and our staffs were made by our best man at our wedding.

Halloween 2004, he was Phantom of the Opera and I was a gypsy

And most recently, I attended Mugglefest including a Harry & the Potters and Draco & the Malfoys concert as Molly Weasley!  (yes along with Ren Faires, I'm also a HP addict too Cheesy)

Crocheted my sweater from a pattern I purchased and made my apron using several pattern pieces.  Unfortunately the ones of me in costume blurred so I just have the ones on the hanger.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS Getting Started: Part 2 - Basic Picture
Canon SD770 IS Getting Started: Part 1 - Setup
Canon G10: Set White Balance Function
Canon G10: Set Underwater Function
Canon G10: Set Timer Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...