A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,556
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please post your best costume...  (Read 101858 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lil-jammer
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2005 02:19:07 PM »

These are all so fantastic! I love the sock Monkey, definitely my favourite.

I don't have a picture of my best costume but it's really easy to describe. I know I'm probably not the first to think of this, but it's a snappy last minute idea that gets a few laughs. One year I was a stick man, and all I had to do was wear all black, put masking tape on me to form the stick body and wear a flat, round black mask with a masking tape smiley face on it. I wore black gloves so my hands would blend in too. Simple!

I always start out with complicated ideas but run out of time and end up with the last minute type. Maybe this year will be different.

Nice work everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paperthinwalls

agent provocateur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2005 02:36:23 PM »

last year i was a paperdoll...... Wink

[i'm on the left, my friend is on the right, and we don't know the alien who teleported suddenly in between us!]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my crafty wedding blog: [ <a href=http://thehandmadebride.blogspot.com>thehandmadebride</a> ]
chattyKathi
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2005 02:40:01 PM »

how cool you got the pics to move like that!!! how'd you do that???!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love laugh create!
amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2005 04:44:47 PM »

The paper dolls rock! How did you make them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
Retro_Turtle13

Im a Barbie Girl! In a Barbie World...

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2005 06:26:57 PM »

THATS A REALLY CUTE IDEA! I LOVE IT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
paperthinwalls

agent provocateur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2005 08:34:31 AM »

the costumes are foam core, all details are painted on in acrylic paint. attached to the back is a sort of duct-tape harness with two shoulder straps, like wearing a backpack backwards? it's hard to tell in this picture, but we're also wearing really exaggerated doll-like makeup: lipstick blush circles and drawn-on eyelashes.

these also need to be scored and folded horizontally somewhere in the vicinity of your waist in case you ever want to sit down--once you've done this, the 'skirt' sticking out in front of you makes a lovely drink tray, by the way! Wink

this was last year's halloween, but since i have a group of friends that loves to throw costume parties, i have more costumes that i've been proud of than the average person. the year before this i went in black-and-white fifties housemom style [much like i saw someone post earlier in this thread] with the same friend pictured above. i also went as sputnik to a 'space vs. hell' party with a silver miniskirt, modified off-the-shoulder red t-shirt that said 'sputnik' in russian and had rivets painted on it, and a colander on my head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my crafty wedding blog: [ <a href=http://thehandmadebride.blogspot.com>thehandmadebride</a> ]
amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2005 08:37:44 AM »

the costumes are foam core, all details are painted on in acrylic paint. attached to the back is a sort of duct-tape harness with two shoulder straps, like wearing a backpack backwards? it's hard to tell in this picture, but we're also wearing really exaggerated doll-like makeup: lipstick blush circles and drawn-on eyelashes.

these also need to be scored and folded horizontally somewhere in the vicinity of your waist in case you ever want to sit down--once you've done this, the 'skirt' sticking out in front of you makes a lovely drink tray, by the way! Wink

this was last year's halloween, but since i have a group of friends that loves to throw costume parties, i have more costumes that i've been proud of than the average person. the year before this i went in black-and-white fifties housemom style [much like i saw someone post earlier in this thread] with the same friend pictured above. i also went as sputnik to a 'space vs. hell' party with a silver miniskirt, modified off-the-shoulder red t-shirt that said 'sputnik' in russian and had rivets painted on it, and a colander on my head.

Not only cute, but functional as well...What more could you want in a costume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
remember1947

The Truth Is Out There!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2005 01:17:40 AM »

Any fans of Roswell out there?
I'm thinking of going as Liz this year..I need some silver paint (for the hand print) and a pattern to make the crashdown uniform. anyone know where I can get the latter?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Maybe We Believe The Same Thing"
"Then Maybe There's Hope"
lilleftie818
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2005 10:13:24 PM »

Shocked WOW!

I love these costumes!! I loved the 50's b&w girl, Nibbler, invader zim, gir, the queen of hearts the sock monkey (AWESOME) even the not so nice ones like the bloody pad was cool! I loved them all! Wow man.. I was just gonna go buy a pirate costume and use my birds as my parrots! I REALLY loved the stick figure idea though.. So simple.. I might just do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IAte86Crayons
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2005 11:02:24 PM »

I love all your costumes! Well I only have one picture of a costume. I was 4 and I begged my mom to make me be Charlie Chaplin for Halloween... I ended up looking like a hobo lol

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet K.L. Cao of SecretLifeofaBioNerd
Meet Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg
Meet Cara Brook of Maskcara
Meet Nail Expert Sophy Robson
Get a Saturday Night Disco Look with Binky Felstead
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...