A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,688
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please post your best costume...  (Read 100733 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sleazy_e
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2005 05:46:06 PM »

tankgirl!

i made the hat, reconned the shirt, shorts, & tights, & found the army vest at a frat party... it had two beers & a disposable camera in the pocket, so my roomie & i drank the beers, took pictures of ourselves dancing, & left the camera & empty bottles on the couch. oops.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005 05:48:41 PM by sleazy_e » THIS ROCKS   Logged
octagonfudge
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2005 09:56:04 AM »

Tankgirl!  Neat!

I will describe my costumes at the moment, cause my digital camera is nowhere to be found-  One year, I made my friend a costume out of a cardboard box.  We painted it white, with drawers on it, and glued an aspirin bottle, a water glass, a lamp, and a book to the top.  We cut holes for her head and arms, and what was she?  A One Night Stand.  Beeeyap!

My family is the king of bad pun costumes.  My dad has gone as:  Rambozo (army fatigues with a rainbow fright wig), Conan the Librarian (basically a Conan Costume with a stack of books, dad thought that it was totally original until I showed dad "UHF" a few months ago, poor dad), and last year wore a swetshirt with the world painted on it and a huge web made of nylon rope- the world wide web.  We are so geeky!

No idea what I'll be this year.  Last year I cheated and just wrote "Zombie" on a tee-shirt (a homage to a horrible movie my friends made, Oh No!!!!!  Zombies!!!!), but last year I was Etna from Disgaea, which NO ONE GOT.  I'll try to post some pictures if I find them, cause it was awesome!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jumped on the bandwagon- www.octagonfudge.bl ogspot.com
ocean hair
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2005 01:55:28 PM »

a costume of mine that wasn't particularly clever but was definetly a favorite of mine was Satine from Moulin Rouge. unfortunately i don't have any pictures of it because the film in my camera was expired, so i'll just have to describe it.

i wore black fishnets and over those i wore boyshort bikini bottoms, and over those i wore a navy blue pleated skirt of my mother's which buttoned down the front. i unbuttoned the skirt, folded it back, and tucked the top part of it into the skirt waistband. on top i wore a black camisole with a red motif near the neckline, then i topped the whole thing off with my fedora.

i love all the costumes posted so far. hopefully i'll have better film in my camera this halloween, so you can all see pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He's just a little brought down because when you knocked, he thought you were the candyman.
smokingmonkey
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2005 07:43:40 PM »

Last year:

made it out of sweaters and foam (the bike wasn't part of the costume)

year before:

rented the suit, added the fez, chest, diaper, oversized cigarette, lunchbox full of Baby Ruth's to throw at people, and a liter bottle of rum and coke. It was the most obnoxious thing I have ever, *ever* done.

year before that I was a 6' pink bunny peep. gotta dig up the picture of that.

any ideas for me for this year?

I've seen the priest and little boy gag, and the year I was the baby fez wearing drunk monkey, a friend was Roy being attacked by the tiger... amazingly, both looked very very similar to the pictures here. No maxi pads though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicegirl512
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2005 12:10:14 PM »

Love love love Pan, the sock monkey is astounding, and the monster under the bed is genius.  It would have scared the hell out of me and I am *ahem*...well, let's not talk about my age.  I am impressed with all your mad skilz. 

I don't have any pictures (of course) of my best costume, the masked ball dress from Ever After complete with huge 5 foot wingspan wings, which were destroyed in my many moves (still have the dress).  However, the best costume I've made recently that I have pics of is Roxie Hart from Chicago from Halloween 2003.  I modeled the dress on the pink one Renee Zellweger wears in the "Funny Honey" number, but I already had perfect blue shoes so I made it blue.  There are more pics (plus other costumes) on my yahoo photos, http://photos.yahoo.com/nicegirl512.  I am very excited about this year's mermaid--not that I've started, or anything, but I do have all the fabric and the vision. 

**edited to fix name of song.  d'oh!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2005 06:23:23 AM by nicegirl512 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have an Etsy Shop for my jewelry!
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2005 01:50:01 PM »

Oh! Mermaids are my favorite! I hope to do one of those too one day.
Smokingmonkey, what type of sweaters did you use? That's fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
ubergirlie
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2005 04:44:06 PM »

I didn't wear this mermaid costume for Halloween (I bought it for a parade and then ended up getting hired to be a mermaid in a VIP tent at a concert/benefit, which is where the picture was taken) but it is by far my favorite costume ever.

It was made by the girl who runs Fox Moon Productions. She's the best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2005 05:06:48 PM »

last year i was the queen of hearts.

and the year before, an owl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dogz
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2005 06:59:00 PM »

Thought I'd post the last couple of my Halloween outfits.

2004: feeling a tad religious

That's my husband as the Pope, me as a Rabbi, friend Scott as Jesus, and wild friend Izzy as a pregnant nun!

2003: started my own business and didn't make time for Halloween  Sad

2002: Just started a new career in dog grooming and was influenced by dogs!

2001: Almost near a corporate meltdown - hated my job at that point.  Knife going through head.

2000:  A little neck wound and the beginning of this particular corporate hell.  The best use of my ended-in-divorce wedding dress.  I don't know how many people told me..."I don't think that blood is going to come out!"  

Going as Tippi Hedren this year...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 01:03:11 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
athena404
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2005 07:37:21 PM »

OMG!!!
I WANT A MERMAID TAIL!!!
its soo pretty!!!
was it comfortable?
could you like pseudo-hop around in it or did u have to take it off to move around?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 01:05:36 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Joe Wallace Talks About His Book Diamond Ruby
Naomi Wolf on Her Powerful New Book Give Me Liberty
Author Becca Fitzpatrick Reveals Herself
Interview with Rick Springfield at Home in Malibu
Deadly Charm Book Announcement by Claudia Mair Burney
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...