A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,765
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please post your best costume...  (Read 102774 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

athena404
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2005 07:24:21 PM »

And here is the proud father:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/25932Saved_pictures_131.jpg

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

omg
thats the cutest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 06:56:23 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2005 09:17:13 PM »

the funnest costume i ever wore was a spank fairy! i was basically a pink fairy but with a sassy bondage twist. i made a wand with a hand on the end out of a glove.  the best part was sneaking up behind people all night and giving them a spanking. everyone got a kick out of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
uberhippie

"I think I'm addicted.."

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2005 10:22:56 PM »

my costume from last year has to be the best one i've ever made.  i was link from zelda....specifically the link in "windwaker" for all you link fans out there....anyway, i cant find pictures but it was pretty easy to do.  first i got an XL dark green tshirt and an longsleeve light green shirt (both from walmart). then i went to staples to get one of those cardboard trifold presentation boards (no spare boxes around, plus it gave me a good sized chunk of quality cardboard). from the cardboard i cut two swords and two shields so i could glue them together and make them sturdier for the long weekend of partying.  i then painted the handle of the sword and the front of the shield to match the coloring and designs from teh video game (i still have the shield around so i'll get a pic to add). then i wrapped tinfoil around the blade part of the sword.  to the back of the shield i superglued two handles a couple inches wide a few inches away from each other.  this was so i could slip my arm through the shield and still have my hand free.  i cut a notch into one of the handles so i could fit my thumb there more easily.  to the dark green shirt i cut off the sleeves and made it into a sort of tunic to fit over the longsleeved shirt. i used one of the sleeves to make a hankerchief/hat that link wears. i didn't alter it any, i just stuck it on my head.

so with the entire outfit i wore the light shirt under the tunic and wore my brown leather belt with a yellowish buckle over the top of the tunic. i wore jeans and plain sneaks. and i had the hankerchief and the sword and the shield.  needless to say, it was a big hit. and i had a blast wearing it!  i'll find some pics, cause its worth the effort.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
50srocknrollergirl
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2005 02:04:37 AM »

craftycarrie- your 50's girl costume made my day.  how'd you do that?!?!?! im gunna have to try that sometime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

Good at everything...Great at nothing

i crafted a kid

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2005 09:38:50 AM »

craftycarrie- your 50's girl costume made my day.  how'd you do that?!?!?! im gunna have to try that sometime.

THE 50'S COSTUME

Well the clothes are pretty obvious. 

I made the skirt using the Simplicity 1950's Costume pattern.  I used tulle under the skirt to make it poofy and a 4 inch piece of elastic for the waist band (belt).
I wore a white shirt and a Grey cardigan.

The most difficult thing to do was cover up my skin.  I wore white gloves to cover my hands.  I found Grey knit tights to cover my legs and then white ruffle socks with black maryjanes.

The key to the clothes is Grey.  When you watch a black and white movie, they are rarely BLACK and WHITE.  Everything is made up of shades of Grey.

MY HEAD>>>  I pulled my hair into the classic 1950's high ponytail and sprayed it with temporary colored hair spray.  I used silver (without glitter) because I could not find Grey.

For my face, I used a mixture of white Halloween Face Paint and a dab of black Halloween Face Paint to make Grey. Apply it like foundation over your face and neck.  Make sure you cover ALL of your exposed skin. Then put on some Black lipstick. 

1950's accessories...

I wore a pair of black 1950's eyeglasses, a scarf around my ponytail, and a white pearl necklace (not shown).  You can't really tell in this picture, but I even have on a pointed (cone shaped) bra.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Good at everything...Great at nothing
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2005 10:31:16 AM »

OMG. I love the costumes you posted CraftyCarrie! I really like the 50s one, and I love love love the ones your husband did. Particularly the catholic priest one. Made my boyfriend and I crack up (he was raised catholic...but not like THAT) haha.

And the monster under the bed is very original. Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
onesmallinstrument

I am your pamphleteer

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2005 02:18:51 PM »

*jumps on the loving the pan costume bandwagon*

Everyone is so creative - I love the costumes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"How I don't know what I should do with my hands when I talk to you. How you don't know where you should look, so you look at my hands."
mycatisnosferatu
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2005 02:40:04 PM »

I didnt see this thread until I made one of my own, here is the link:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=53766.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mycatisnosferatu
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2005 02:41:30 PM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged
chattyKathi
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2005 04:34:35 PM »

These are costumes I made for my kids last year. I started with a base costume and worked on it from there, as you can see the super hero was pretty simple and its stuffed to make big mucsles. the princess costume was a dance outfit that I took apart and added too. I made her hat from scratch. Itwas poster board cover with tissure paper that just happened to match the fabric on her costume perfectly. the skirt is made frome tulle. this year is going to be even better!! she is going to be a christmas tree and he is going to be santa clause.  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

love laugh create!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Street Chic: Smart and Casual Office Attire
4 Ways to Refresh Your Denim For Spring and Summer
Spring 2013 Fashion Trends Rundown
60 Seconds of Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
Emma Stone Shows Us How to Make Cocktail Dresses Daytime-Casual
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...