A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please post your best costume...  (Read 100856 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2005 10:49:25 AM »

I thought it might be helpful if we have a thread deicated to people showing off their favorite costumes.  It can be a nice one stop place to see other people's ideas and maybe help some of us think of some good ones for ourselves.  Sadly, my computer crashed and I don't have all my favorite pics...but here is my costume from last year.  I'm Nibbler from Futurama, and that's my boyfriend as Space Ghost.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/krebstar5/SmalLeecopy.jpg

This year I'm working on a bunch of different costumes for various parties and fairs, maybe I'll post more as the events come up.

Come on everyone, show off your hard work!

ohh my boyfriend wants me to make him a space ghost costume for halloween.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007 07:46:10 PM by jMi - Reason: Please do not quote images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mojo
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2005 10:55:02 AM »

I have that same evil Disney witch costume!  (Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty).  My grandmother made it for me years ago...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Puella
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2005 11:55:21 AM »

Oh my god.  This is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 06:56:11 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lethargic
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2005 01:20:27 PM »

Lethargic,

A couple Harry Potter costumes?  Do you RPG or LARP?  I love the pose in the one that looks like you are about to hex someone.

The rainbow brite costume is also great!  Did you make that?  How did you do the boots?!

yeah I RPG. also i just love HP. haha and am a nerd...Cheesy

Yeah I made the rainbow bright costume. the boots are just shoe covers i made. the leg warmer part was just regular cheap cotton fabric that i made row and stuffed then and yeah, i dont know how to explain it. lol

I just winged it! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop for aprons, bento/lunch bags, jewelry, and more! http://organizedconfetti.etsy.com
Mableheartscharlie
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2005 01:54:13 PM »

eowynmn you look hot! and without sounding like i'm sassing you i LOVE that you wear that costume even though you aren't a toothpick... no sarcasm here people i dunno how to phrase it different... but yeah all my costumes are pretty lame... slutty red riding hood, naughty nurse etc... lame but one of my fave costume parties i was slutty strawberry shortcake but i had a glock(it was fake) but it was good times haha i have a pic somewhere i'll take a sneaky peak and get back you  Tongue
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005 04:10:25 AM by Mableheartscharlie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm one crafty bitch.
Zanti MissKnit

Formerly known as AndreaLH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2005 02:01:14 PM »

CraftyCarrie -- you and your husband RULE!!!!

I might have to steal the "monster under the bed" idea someday.

Eowynmn -- you look amazing!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2005 02:09:58 PM »

eowynmn you look hot! and without sounding like i'm sassing you i LOVE that you wear that costume even though you aren't a toothpick... so sarcasm here people i dunno how to phrase it different... but yeah all my costumes are pretty lame... slutty red riding hood, naughty nurse etc... lame but one of my fave costume parties i was slutty strawberry shortcake but i had a glock(it was fake) but it was good times haha i have a pic somewhere i'll take a sneaky peak and get back you  Tongue

psha! no sweat (on the commenting on my roundness). I totally take that as a compliment.  Anyway, don't you see my uber hot boyfriend who I got to dress up as a blonde clark kent in the picture with me?  Skinny girls don't get ALL the fun and luck. Wink

And thank you AndreaLH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

Good at everything...Great at nothing

i crafted a kid

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2005 02:45:29 PM »

CraftyCarrie -- you and your husband RULE!!!!

I might have to steal the "monster under the bed" idea someday.

We do make a good team. Smiley  He's the IDEA man and I usually make it work.

Steal it if you want to!  He won $350, a DVD player, and a 19" TV that year. (We bar hop a lot that week)

The "mattress" was made of free USPS boxes.  We taped them together and covered it with a sheet.  We attached  backpack straps to the boxes so it was easy to keep it on his back and he could take it off easily to use the bathroom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Good at everything...Great at nothing
Nocturnaloner
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2005 03:36:42 PM »

Nocturnaloner: That costume is inspired! I adore how you have put so much thought into the details, and I'm loving those contacts... which reminds me I must get some of my own. Also, the Pan legs are incredible, that was a great idea using foam to create the beastly bend. Exceptional work!

Quote from: Vey
Hey, I almost forget! Nocturnaloner: Your Pan costume is so cool I almost shed a tear while looking at its greatness.

Well, our Lord Pan is getting so much love, (and thank you for that!)  I had to Google my way back to the guy who pioneered the leg design.  The first diagram on the page really tells you everything you need to know:
http://hawke.livequest.de/digi.html
 and I really didn't deviate, except the only kind of lightweight flexible boot that I could even think of that was close to what he used was a ninja tabi boot (automatic cool points, imo).  Also,. the idea of putting a bolt all the way through the sole (don't miss the hoof construction link), and standing on it for any length of time sounded masochistic to me, so I just fell back on the ol' reliable J-B Weld, which performed admirably. We also ignored the A-B, X-YZ sewing diagram, and just basically made a pair of fur pants with extra room where necessary.

Now on the hooves themselves, he went through a very elaborate resin-casting deal which sure did look great, but I think I achieved comparable results with fiberglass bondo that you can pick up easily and cheaply at any auto parts store.  A small propane or butane torch comes in handy to get the pvc pipe section to behave and stay in a proper hoof shape. 

Another thing I did was, stand my underwear-wearing self up against the wall and cast a silhouette on a big sheet of paper with a bright light for my wife to trace from the waist down.  Then, I drew on top of my natural form the loveliest back-bent goat leg I could muster. Cut out the extra bits, and that's how I made templates for the shapes of the foam pieces. I used a bread knife, and one of those battery powered hot-wire foam cutter things from the hobby store to sculpt the foam.  I also did my best to round off the front corners of each foam chunk for a more natural shape.  It worked!

So, all props to that German Hawke guy!  Wherever he is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
§•KrIsTiNa•§
§•I ♥ Crafts•§

§♥§•Hello ;) •§♥§

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2005 06:33:58 PM »

Oh my god.  This is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life.

Oh my, they're SO CUTE ♥♥♥! especially your little princess!!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 06:56:17 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ Craftster.org

§•Chris♥Alanis•§
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Difficult is the Violin to Learn
Can I Learn the Violin as an Adult Beginner
How to Play the Song "JUST AS I AM" on a Dobro
How to Draw a Portrait
How to Play Monopoly
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...