A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please post your best costume...  (Read 101847 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alexa_Angel
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2005 08:46:18 PM »

*faints*That Pan costume is awesome!! And if you want to get another year out of it, you could go as Mr. Tumnus from Narnia. What a fantastic job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived, and lived well. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

Good at everything...Great at nothing

i crafted a kid

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2005 09:53:24 PM »

I love this thread.  I'll try to get my pics together this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RobertBlue
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2005 08:40:15 AM »

Hmmm...I don't have any good pics of my bestest costume(s) ever, but I can describe them.

Last year was arguably my best: I went as Invader Zim.  Bald cap covered in green make-up, affixed with foam-rubber antennae, face covered in green with giant redish-purple eyes.  I created my own little body pack out of an old pillow (spray painted since I was running out of construction time) fit extremely tight to my body, stuffed with finely shredded newspaper for extra body.  Long black gloves over an appropriately colored long sleeve dress shirt, with another sleeveless shirt lightly stitched on top, skin tight black pants and super-height enhancing boots and viola: Invader Zim.

The year before is also pretty good competition: I was Bat Boy from the musical  Bat Boy.  I was the sophisticated college graduate Edgar, not the near-feral found in a cave version.  Though I did act out the entire character arc of the story, ending with a good dousing of entire bottle of stage blood over my entire costume by the end of the night.  Let's see, I painted my face, hands, and neck almost ghostly white, enhanced the dark circles under my eyes with a little bit of purple, emphasized the cheek bones with some nice contour work, fit plastic fangs to the top half of my teeth, prosthetic pointy ears that took about 2 hours to get right (also painted white), and temp-died my hair jet black (since I needed it pretty long and thick for a show I was doing, and couldn't fit the bald cap over it).  Clothing: white shirt, polka dot bow tie, blue sports coat, dark khaki pants (with pleats), loafers, a top hot, and wooden cane.  And yes, I did randomly tap dance throughout the day.

If I don't have a rehearsal on Halloween this year (boo), I will easily surpass these costumes in greatness.  I will potentially going as Dwight from Sin City: full black and white effect make-up, custom designed and made black trench coat, I already own the exact converse in the film, temp-dying my hair black, possibly even going with black and white style cosmetic contacts (if I can afford them and get them in my eyes), and possibly even some prosthetic face pieces to really capture his look exactly.

If I do have rehearsal, I'm either going as on line superhero RobertBlue (with a cape and everything) or as a Nintendo DS (with a white poster board on top and a white dry erase board underneath and a dry-erase marker elongated that people can write on the dry erase board with).

I hope I don't have rehearsal.  I want to live out my Frank Miller fantasy life for one night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krebstar5
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2005 11:53:02 AM »

RobertBlue, you might be one of the coolest people in the world.  Invader Zim AND Bat Boy?!  I am truly awed!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog-
http://smalerie.com

Rule 1: To do rather than watch.
http://www.journeyofwill.com
regansbox
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2005 04:41:17 PM »

Love Nibbler!!! I am a huge Halloween geek. Here's my fav, although I did it five years ago and I live in San Antonio, so most folks had no clue who I was. I was a bigger hit with the visitors than the natives. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

i crafted a kid

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2005 06:04:31 PM »

OK..Here I go.  I know this is supposed to be the BEST (as in 1 costume) but I have too many good ones.  I could never choose.  My husband and I usually make enough money to pay the rent once we are finished hitting the costume contests. My husband is usually the big winner because he has BAD TASTE and NO SHAME.

I'll start with my costumes.

A CHRISTMAS TREE                                      BERT AND ERNIE

1950's GIRL IN BLACK and WHITE.  I LOVED THIS ONE!

AN EVIL DISNEY WITCH ( I did not make this costume myself.)

ANNA NICOLE SMITH ( I turned a stuffed dog into a purse)

COUNT CHOCULA

AND NOW MY SICK AND TWISTED HUSBAND!  I'm sorry if I offend anyone.

MAXI PAD with blood and a few stray pubic hairs

MONSTER UNDER THE BED                   (Sigfried and) ROY ATTACKED BY TIGER

CATHOLIC PRIEST with ALTER BOY

Sorry if I offended anyone.  Feel free to steal any of these ideas.  They are definite winners at a bar costume contest...depending on the crowd, of course!

« Last Edit: September 09, 2005 06:21:57 PM by CraftyCarrie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2005 06:11:03 PM »

I wish I could see those pics!  (Although some of it sounds pretty nasty. . . that pad thing has my mind wandering. . .)

EDIT:  I can see them!  That priest one is just awful!  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005 05:10:41 AM by RaeAmazon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
craftykate
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2005 06:23:38 PM »

I copied the image address and pasted it. I was able to see them that way. WOW. your hubby is a sicko--but I'm not easily offended. I laughed my ass off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
craftykate
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2005 06:25:42 PM »

I might need to steal the black and white 50's girl. That is an awesome idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

i crafted a kid

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2005 06:45:25 PM »

I fixed the pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Extend Depth of Field in CS4
How to Crop in Photoshop CS4
Easy Integration Between Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4
How To Nest Sequences In Final Cut Pro
Adjustment Brush in Lightroom 2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...