A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,801
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crocheting with your tongue stuck out?  (Read 962 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sammiedora
« on: September 06, 2005 05:46:47 PM »

Does anyone else crochet or knit with your tongue stuck out? I always seem to do it when I get really into whatever I'm making. Then I notice and feel really stupid.

Useless post. Hum. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crochethooker

pigs are good people.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005 05:54:35 PM »

i do it with my tongue folded in half, back on itself.  whenever i'm concentrating i do that.  then it hurts.
poo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sammiedora
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005 06:30:31 PM »

Well, you probably have a good, strong tongue as a result of your being a hooker.

BAHAHAHA pun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilwench
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005 06:34:52 PM »

that's so funny... i used to stick my tongue out when I was concentrating real hard, but never really realized it... but when i was in second grade, a girl told me she'd have her older brother beat me up if i didn't stop, guess it bugged her  Sad  so now i don't anymore...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In my dreams I can fly
Jodi1978
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005 10:12:44 PM »

Do it all the time.  Now matter what Im working on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
albarinos
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005 07:14:25 AM »

I do that, among lots of other things. Specially biting my lower lip, stiking my tongue out, and biting my tongue  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ncmurray512
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005 07:57:44 PM »

I tend to leave my mouth hanging open when I crochet! LOL
 It's a concentration thing.
 Natalie

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005 07:16:34 AM »

Ah, the concentration face.  This is similar to the face guitar players make, but usually less, er, energetic.  My concentration face is inherited.  My dad makes the same face, and so does my daughter.  It involves the mouth hanging half open in a look that gives the impression of an IQ of 43.  The, slowly, so you might not realize it if you watch it happen, until it's finished, my tongue sneaks forward until the tip rests on that sagging lower lip.  This gives the impression of that 43 IQ dropping about 10 points. 

Now, at various times I've tried to find ways of battling this face.  None of them work out.  The first think I tried was to keep my lips together when my mouth fell open...  But then my tongue presses against my closed lower lip, and I look like I have an IQ of 43 AND a wad of chew.  Another thing I tried was keeping my teeth together and pressing my tongue against my bottom teeth.  This seemed to help more than the other, except my mouth still falls open, and then the MIDDLE part of my tongue pops out between my teeth instead.  I'm not even sure what this looks like, but I know it can't be pretty.  And plus, it tends to make me grind my teeth, and that's just no good.

If I bite my lip, I don't make the face, but I actually have to do that consciously, and it isn't always easy to remember.  *sigh*  Oh well, at least I know I'm not alone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Ithinktomuch
Slightly Insane

Yarn is my drug of choice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005 04:19:22 PM »

lol i do that on thread crochet projects! i did it today (on the bus! so i was really concentrating since the bus was bouncing all around) and started chewing my tongue! with it stuck out! It was so weird lol. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's be free to be you and me, free to crochet and knit, free to twirl hooks and click needles" -Debbie Stoller
PurpleHeather
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005 01:42:15 AM »

I used to do that, but it's one of the things of my dyspraxia (co-ordination issues).  I've taught myself to roll my tongue and tuck it up inside the roof of my mouth, which is what I do when I'm typing, driving, anythng that requires me to pay attention to my co-ordination!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Dangerous Looking Paper Airplanes
How to Make a Classic Dart
How to Create a Buttonhole
How to Create Pom-Poms
How to Arrange Flowers Like a Pro
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...